Code of Conduct

Default Do you wear your CREED frags often?

I was going through my collection of fragrances last night and it struck me: I own quite a few Creed frags (seven), more than a lot of Creed fans do, but I almost never wear any of them. They just collect dust, but I don't want to get rid of any of them. In fact, the most valuable one I had - the old Tabarome - I just recently swapped! Sure it smelled good, but I never wore the damn thing.

I really like all of the ones I own - GIT and Original Vetiver being my favorites - they smell really good, but I never have the desire to actually reach for one and wear it for the day. I always end up grabbing one of my more mainstream designer frags to wear on a regular basis. I don't know why this is.

Do any of you have a similar situation?
    Last edited by shamu1; 14th July 2010 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: Do you wear your CREED frags often?

No--I love wearing mine. Use 'em, don't keep 'em--that is my motto.

I wear mine often. I find that I don't easily get bored Creed fragrances as I do with most other fragrances.
    Looking for: Creed caps

i wear them but i also like wearing other colognes i have so i do a mix but many times it is a Creed day.

Hi, been lurking for a while but thought I'd reply to this one as Creed Himalaya triggered my interest in fragrance.

Hadn't really heard of Creed but Himalaya suited my skin so much that I wore it daily for several months (just one spray at a time to keep it subtle). Then bought a bottle of GIT and spent the next six months alternating between them for daily use.

Now, although I still love them, I've started experimenting with other houses just to add a little variety.

Basenotes Plus

Never had your situation as yet, shamu1. I love them all with a passion and wear them regularly.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 14th July 2010 at 08:11 PM.

I only wear the ones I've got if and when I feel like it. I've no set rotation, I just go into my cupboard and take out whichever takes my fancy at that moment.

I wear mine often.

I wear a mix, but a Creed makes it in rotation at least once a week. Often twice.

More than any other house, unfortuneately (for the wallet).
    I probably wear each of these at least 3 times/month:

Windsor
    GIT
    Selection Verte
    MI
    EROLFA

i too had close to 7 frags from Creed (GIT, SMW, OV, OS, Erolfa, Green Valley & Baie de Genievere ... call it my basenotes puberty period. (joking)

Current status, swapped all of them... reason? the same as you cited. do i miss any of them? Mayyyyybe OV.

So, go ahead, swap them Shamu

Depending on the bottle, between 3-20 times per year.

probably 5 days out of the week. i purposely keep two days open to test other fragrances in hopes of finding something I like more than Creed.

though this has been going on for about 12 years and I haven't found anything yet. :-)

No. No offense but this house didn't really work for me. I only have one. Of all the Creeds I tested, I decided I liked SMW the best because of the black current note but that goes away so fast and I'm left with the ambergris/musk base. That's boring to me. I'm almost out of the juice and will be giving my bottle away to a friend. I tested MI and GIT extensively and also a lot of the Millesimmes and the citruses too but again was just bored.

Another Creed I like is Acier Aluminium but I only wear that in certain moods and moments. I don't think I could pull that off outside. The rest of the particular lot that includes similar ones to AA (Royal Delight, BdP, etc.) is not something I enjoy either.

I'm happy for those who are truly able to enjoy the offerings from this house.

I have Acier Aluminium, Himalaya, Tabarome Millesime, Original Vetiver, and G-I-T in rotation, and i wear them quite often. Himalaya and A-A most often, Original Vetiver and GIT only during spring/summer..

I have a good (not crazy) number of things to rotate - Creeds (I own seven at the moment but I know many more) are being used at least four days a week. Windsor and GIT mostly, recently.

Believe it or not, I have a similar situation as you Shamu. I own SMW, OV, Green Valley and MI. They all enjoyed a vigorous use period, and all (the MI being a 1oz is practically gone) are about halfway gone. But now, they all feel a bit bland and get monotonous over the course of a full day. So yes, while I like them all, they don't get nearly as much play as most of my other stuff anymore.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

They often smell fairly good but don't satisfy. I think of them as pleasant accords inside of mostly structurally poverty stricken fragrances. I often feel as though I need to use 10 mls a day to get what I'm looking for.

Bois du Portugal and Vintage Tabarome still work. Green Irish Tweed as well, although I use more Cool Water. Acier Aluminum feels a few sprays as well.
    Last edited by pluran; 15th July 2010 at 04:39 AM.

I've got a lot of them too, but I seldom wear them. Mood doesn't call me to them as much as it calls me to others. I don't know why. In some ways I'm sure it's the same reason I want special reason to wear things from my favorite houses, L'Artisan and Diptyque. Maybe it's that in the morning something casual, unserious, un-special, and less expensive (usually) seems more accessible.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I wear GIT the most often. Second is SMW and lastly OV, even though it's probably my favorite amongst the three. I reach for it the least. I also like Windsor but I only have one or two wearings left in my decant which I want to save.

I wear a Creed scent at least once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post

Bois du Portugal and Vintage Tabarome still work. Green Irish Tweed as well, although I use more Cool Water.
    I forgot to mention that for me too Bois du Portugal and vintage Tabarome have been the most frequently used, just like Pluran's experience. (I don't have GIT or Cool Water.)

I use Millesime Imperial a lot. Windsor rarely. Vintage Tabarome even more rare, I feel like I'm spraying on liquid gold when I use it.

I have different frags in my collection. I rotate them regularly. So I don't get to use my Creeds very often. But it doesn't mean that I don't like my Creeds anymore.

I don't use Creed frags, but I've experienced this with a number of frags. When I don't reach for it a lot, that's how I know it's over.

If you stoped wearing your Creed frangrances, its probaly cause you have developed a more sophisticated nose. Congrats!

Thank God for the miracle and go on and explore Chanel, Guerlain, Annick Goutal, etc.
    Last edited by ManlyScent; 15th July 2010 at 09:04 PM.

I only own Creed MI, but I wear it a fair amount. I generally only use it on a special-type occasion or a big night on the town or something (not to go to the supermarket, for instance). I am heading to Vegas this weekend and I plan on wearing that each night i head out.

Two others i have earmarked for purchases are GIT and Bois de Portugal. Again, I seem them as more fitting for things like weddings, dates, a more upscale night out, things like that. Partly this is economical - at those prices I don't want to go blowing through a bottle recklessly. I want to feel i got my money's worth for the outlay. Probably will take the same approach with any future niches I buy.

Blog Entries

I wear a Creed about once a week during the day. Probably more often than that at night, and from that, I'll wear into the next day if it's really working for me. I really favor the EDTs - that citrus is really great at night. When I wear them during the day, I often bring the bottle with me and refresh as needed - very satisfying. VT for special occasions. BdP when I get the urge.

Yup, getting the urge for Santal Imperial right now!

I had bottles of 3 and several samples. I can't remember wanting to wear any of them more than once, except for sampling purposes in cases where I thought I should give the frag another shot.

I wear them 3 - 7 days a week, I suppose. MI is the most often worn, followed by OV and SMW.

I can't say I get tired of wearing them, however I've become accustomed to them. Like the Buddhist concept of attachment, this results in demanding a better fragrance as well as being critical about them; finding things about them I don't like or wish were better.

The quest for the grail continues.

I've gone through periods where I didn't care to reach for them. I asked myself this same question, Why doesn't Scentologist wear these more often. So, I started grabbing for them again and realized the satisfaction I've been missing out on. I truely love them but I try to rotate fairly.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I have GIT, Bois du Portugal, Baie de Geneviere (sp?), Royal English Leather, and my partner has OV. While I don't wear any of them all that much, I always enjoy them when I do. Lately, I've been wearing BdG the most often. I love BdP, but it is a bit too formal for my lifestyle. However, I should add that it's the only one I bought a back-up bottle of. When I want to wear a leather fragrance, I find myself reaching for either Dzing! or Cuir Ottoman over REL these days. I don't really feel the need to explore Creed any further unless they come out with something amazing and don't charge $280 for it.

I NEVER wear Creed frags. I think they are the most hyped and overrated fragrances one can waste their money one,,Just mho.
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

I own full bottles of GIT, OV and SMW. I'll wear one of them once a week usually. This week I have worn both SMW and Aventus (sample vial). Over the last 30 days I have also worn Acier Aluminum, Orange Spice and Citrus Bigarrade, all from samples. I love Creed, but I'm not a habitual wearer. Today I considered OV before I went with Aventus. OV is a better scent.

Quote Originally Posted by mi-hooked? View Post
    I NEVER wear Creed frags. I think they are the most hyped and overrated fragrances one can waste their money one,,Just mho.
    You're a hard man.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Shamu1, just like you i have seven Creeds (shock shock!). I wear them quite often, except for Himalaya (almost finished, so economising) and Millesime Tabarom (on hiatus till i can take the ginger again). Then again, i collect frags apart from wearing them, so i really pay no mind to wearing frequencies.

Welcome to BaseNotes, Ultramagnus!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Default Do you wear your CREED frags often?

I have GIT and MI, and am planning to buy SMW soon. They would always be in my everyday rotation, rather than special occasion fragrances. This isn't because I think they are not special, just that they are easily wearable.

I find myself never getting around to some scents, even though I like them. I always feel like I'm neglecting orther bottles in my collection. There are certain scents I don't wear until the season suits, like L'Instant and Dior Homme.

All my Creeds are summer friendly...why don't I wear them more? The truth is that I rotate scents so much that there is rarely even one bottle I wear on a weekly basis. Terre d'Hermes usually gets worn once a week as it's my fave.

I guess the diversity that a collection provides means that most scents never get used more than weekly at most. I can't see using up any of my current bottles over the next 3-4 years. Even my Kouros which is a 3.3 OZ that is 40% full. I bet that lasts me for the next two years at least!

I own only Green Irish Tweed (30ml) and Royal Delight (75ml). I rarely find myself giving them a full wear, most of the time I just spray a puff on my wrist and enjoy it.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

The wonderful thing about my current only bottle of Creed, Baie de Genievre, is that it's beautiful and confident but surprisingly casual. It's great on days I'm not feeling too satisfied with myself and it's in my bi-weekly category of scent wearing.
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

I couldn't agree more. The worst part is their supposed line of celebrity users and past royalty list the helped smell better. So they send a bottle of perfume to the first lady and the pope by mail. Doubtful if it even gets to them. Then Creed states that the perfumes are used by first lady and pope. Ha! Scam. Saddy, this is exactly what appeals to most consumers.

The only real supplier to royalty, celebrity, poets and first ladies that can be vouched for with books and references from the past is Guerlain.
    Last edited by ManlyScent; 15th July 2010 at 09:21 PM.

I have a few Creeds and very much enjoy them all - but for some reason it takes a conscious effort on my part to wear them regularly. I make this effort because I'm afraid if I hang-on to a bottle for 10 years or so it'll go bad before I get to the end of it. I don't worry about that so much with other houses, but with all I've heard about the relatively short shelf-life of Creeds - I consciously wear them often.

you know... almost everyday, the SOTD thread is made up of about 25% people wearing Creed.

there's a reason for that. especially considering their price premium.

now, you might think that they have fooled the majority of fragrance-fanatics here on Basenotes, and that YOU are the enlightened one. but i don't want to be around when you make that argument.

I wear mine several times a month. In fact, every time I read a post bashing Creed, it makes me want to wear them even more often. In my experience, things that are "hyped and overrated" are generally of very high quality...that's what makes them "hyped" or "overrated" in the first place.

And so it goes with Creed....

I'll guess I'll put mine up for sale since mi-hooked and manlyscent don't like them.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 16th July 2010 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    you know... almost everyday, the SOTD thread is made up of about 25% people wearing Creed.
    Well...not "almost everyday" in the last week.

Today: 3 of 84 SotD posts (currently)
    Yesterday: 7 of 94
    Tuesday: 3 of 84
    Monday: 3 of 87
    Sunday: 4 of 77
    Saturday: 2 of 73
    Friday: 10 of 88 (broke into two digits!)

A quarter of SotD thread postings might be a grandeur story, but 32 out of 587 isn't bad.

(I didn't count the Female Fragrances Discussion forum's SotD threads because I hear that there are even fewer of the house's products listed there, and I wanted Creed to make a good showing.)

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    A quarter of SotD thread postings might be a grandeur story, but 32 out of 587 isn't bad.
    That's 5.45%. Quite different than 25% by TalkingMuffin.
    Last edited by ManlyScent; 16th July 2010 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyScent View Post
    Quite right. But I think TalkingMuffin, with his story of grandeur, is telling us we're all royalty.

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyScent View Post
    If you can't appreciate the quality in Creed scents, I feel sorry for you. It's one thing to hate on their image, for you to claim such definitive bias against their scents is sad.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I only tried SMW and was very disappointed, somehow I feel they are over-hyped, especially for the price...I will stick to my tried and true Guerlain for now...