Code of Conduct

Default Aquatic less bland

Can anyone point me towards a cologne that is a "blue" aquatic type cologne but has some real complexity as well? I hope that sounded right... I have Azzaro Chrome, Aqua Di Gio, and Cool Water Deep. I love that they are fresh, clean, and aquatic. That's essential to me. But they are rather bland and not too developed. I'd like some body, some complexity. Maybe just better all around. Maybe, for example, some layers that include musk and/or some spicy warmth? Just something that is fresh and watery PLUS more. (including more longevity and sillage)

Until basenotes, I was largely unaware of the variety of better and/or different colognes. My hope is that I just haven't been found the type of cologne I'm looking for yet. Can anyone help me?

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aquatic less bland

Welcome to Basenotes!

I would suggest trying:

Guy Laroche Horizon
    Aramis New West for Him
    Hugh Parsons (Blue)

Stay away from "the usual suspects".
    Last edited by petruccijc; 15th July 2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to try Bvlgari Aqva, and if price is not a factor Creed Erolfa also.
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 14th July 2010 at 11:26 PM.

+1 on erolfa. Just got a 4 ounce from fragrencenet last week. Best aquatic you will ever get. Can get a 4 ounce for around 120 if you use their coupons.

Post Thanks / Like

try kenzo pour homme
    it's a dark cyan/cerulean rather than blue, and it's brilliant.

Ok, this is great. Now, I've got some colognes to hone it on and I'm eager to try something new. I'll try a few places to smell these scents in person. Has anyone had experience with sites that sell tester bottles? I'm okay without the actual bottle, but I just wonder if the cologne is still the real thing.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyD View Post
    Ok, this is great. Now, I've got some colognes to hone it on and I'm eager to try something new. I'll try a few places to smell these scents in person. Has anyone had experience with sites that sell tester bottles? I'm okay without the actual bottle, but I just wonder if the cologne is still the real thing.
    I have had no problems with testers.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyD View Post
    As far as Erolfa goes, I think you really should just buy a bottle from the Creed website, so many fakes are floating out there (should you decide to purchase a bottle.)
    Body Kouros, La Nuit, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by D.Sprad View Post
    As far as Erolfa goes, I think you really should just buy a bottle from the Creed website, so many fakes are floating out there (should you decide to purchase a bottle.)
    I was searching for the .05oz vials of a lot of the above colognes on amazon.com in order to try them before buying. I found a some of them from a few different sellers, but now I'm wondering how likely it is that they'll send fakes as well. What do you think buying those mini-vials from Amazon.com stores, and how big is the fake cologne issue in general? Thanks for bringing that up, I've been wondering about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, E-bay is almost never a place to buy a bottle of Creed. Some are real, I'm sure, but just too many horrific tales over $50-150 lost on fake juice. Amazon will probably be safe, but you'd want to buy it from Amazon itself, not another merchant.

As for your samples, I think samples will nearly always be safe to buy. There's no money in faking a small vial and selling it off for a 1 dollar profit. Again, though, if you can, try your best to buy from a reputable, trusted vendor, and try to validate it.

Remember, you're buying the seller when you're buying the product.

P.S - if you want a lot of detailed information about fake Creeds, just searching "fake creed" will bring up plenty of informative, helpful threads.

Good luck!
    Body Kouros, La Nuit, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

Thank you, I feel better about that. You're right, the fake sample vial business probably isn't a profitable one. I'm gonna order those samples and see if I can't find something I really like.