Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Clive Christian "C"

It's up for pre-order on the Bergdorf's website.

The women's description:

"C" for Women embraces the Clive Christian Perfume House accord of Rose and Jasmine Absolute, yet here it is pushed to crescendo in union with Violet and Tuberose to reveal a perfume brimming with voluptuousness and dangerous pleasure.

Brimming with voluptuousness, you say??

Actually, a big, loud, expensive-smelling mix of rose, jasmine, tuberose, and violet could be great.

The men's looks a bit more dull, based on saffron with lotus. But the notes promise everything from white tea to oud, so it'll either be really interesting or a jumbled mess...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Clive Christian "C"

Yum ,yum ,yum- thanks for this Rogalal - I could hug you !

I love the way Bergdorf explains vetiver as thin aromatic roots. More to lem ...... more to think of buying ( blind too ) !

Nice description here ..... http://katiechutzpah.blogspot.com/20...aunches-c.html
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 15th July 2010 at 12:10 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sur la Plage

I tried the men's at Neimans. I thought it smelled pretty good (incense and oud). But something I would pay $75 for though, not their price of $375 (for 50ml).
    Last edited by petruccijc; 15th July 2010 at 12:08 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm looking forward to this. Rose? Jasmine? Tuberose? Violet? All together and pushed to the max? RIGHT up my alley, if done well.

However, the note pyramids on both these releases is bizarrely long, so it's a little hard to conjure up any image of how it smells other than "upended perfume organ accord".

I sampled this at NM and loved it.....I won't spend the $375.00 for a 1.7oz.....Great scent.....I can't justify the cost.....Gary

Basenotes Institution

I tried this at Neiman Marcus recently and it instantly reminded me of Fracas- a bold,sweetish, white floral sort of fragrance. It's gorgeous but not ground breaking.

Oh dear. What an unfortunate name.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Oh dear. What an unfortunate name.
    *LOL* Now you've said it, I tend to agree... ! *LOL*

Hillaire

" Yes, I'd like to smell some "C", please."

"Men's or Women's?"...

Basenotes Institution

Women's !

I tried the men's too but I really can't remember what it smells like now .

Yikes. C Women. C Men. Yes, a bad name indeed.

I'm really curious about the men's. The notes list is all over the map.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Institution

All I remember about C for men is that it's completely different from the women's C .

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    All I remember about C for men is that it's completely different from the women's C .
    Well, that's a good thing. Fracas is beautiful I'm sure but it doesn't sound like something I would wear, unless perhaps petruccijc would borrow me his feather boa.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Well, that's a good thing. Fracas is beautiful I'm sure but it doesn't sound like something I would wear, unless perhaps petruccijc would borrow me his feather boa.
    I sort of remember C for Men being ' very manly' . Not feminine in the least ...in the same way X for men is dramatically different and male ( to me anyway ) from X for women .
    I should have got samples or tried to- silly me. ( The SA who hovered constantly was not very happy about giving out samples - I did manage to get a very large sample of Profumo by Acqua di Parma after begging ...)

Hillaire

Mimi: BEST Avatar yet! You look amazing and so chic!

I just found out I will going to a "Night of English Perfumery" thing in the Roja Dove Haute Perfumerie atop Harrods in about a week. One of the featured and "presented" lines will be Clive Christian, along with Dove's line, Penhaligons, Floris and Ormonde Jayne. So, I guess I will be smelling both then. I plan to tape little 1ml vials inside my cuff, so that while I appear to be merely spritzing my wrist, I will be secretly decanting.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Mimi: BEST Avatar yet! You look amazing and so chic!

I just found out I will going to a "Night of English Perfumery" thing in the Roja Dove Haute Perfumerie atop Harrods in about a week. One of the featured and "presented" lines will be Clive Christian, along with Dove's line, Penhaligons, Floris and Ormonde Jayne. So, I guess I will be smelling both then. I plan to tape little 1ml vials inside my cuff, so that while I appear to be merely spritzing my wrist, I will be secretly decanting.
    Dear Hillaire- you are very sweet- thanks re. my avatar - taken this morning after applying Dior Skin flash Radiance pen - must have done something after all ! *LOL*

Hillaire- I wanna come with you to Harrods !!!!!!!!!!!! I am so upset I will not be in London forthat event . Yes, Modus Operandi = distract and secretly decant !

Hillaire

Too bad you won't be able to make it, Mimi. I was wondering if you'd be in London then!
    I promise I'll give a good report of the event. And I'll take pics!

Basenotes Institution

Looking forward to your report Hillaire

Blog Entries

I forgot about this thread - I finally smelled C Men (tee hee... ) and it smells an awful lot like Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, but with a tiny bit more spice. I really like Tuscan Leather, but it's expensive enough as it is. I can't see spending twice that for the Clive...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution

And really- why did they choose the color orange for the bottles ???

I've been testing C Men at F&M and find the raspberries wrapped in tobacco highly addictive. I'll try the TF Tuscan Leather and see if that provides a cheaper fix.
    I have a trip to Roja Dove at Harrods planned for next week - what day do you need a distraction to get samples?
    Neville

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by NevilleM View Post
    I've been testing C Men at F&M and find the raspberries wrapped in tobacco highly addictive. I'll try the TF Tuscan Leather and see if that provides a cheaper fix.
    I have a trip to Roja Dove at Harrods planned for next week - what day do you need a distraction to get samples?
    Neville
    The event is a week from tomorrow, on Thurs. evening.

Are you volunteering to assist me in my nefarious plan?

Maybe you could be easily overheard saying, "I need to buy one each of zee Xerjoffs!" (Wear a floor length fur). And when the SRs swarm you, that's when I'll make my move!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. Rose? Jasmine? Tuberose? Violet? All together and pushed to the max? RIGHT up my alley, if done well.

However, the note pyramids on both these releases is bizarrely long, so it's a little hard to conjure up any image of how it smells other than "upended perfume organ accord".
    I sampled this at Neiman's, so I can only comment on the "Men's". The pyramid for top/heart/base notes does seem all-over-the-map, but in the final analysis, the closest comparisons that I can make to it are to a combination of two Tom Ford Private Collection fragrances: Tuscan Leather (primary) with a touch more of Oud Wood's notes (secondary). Price is -- yes -- $375 for 50ml as a full perfume, provided you really need a full perfume. For me, a strong formulation of EDP works just fine provided the longevity is there and the sillage isn't overbearing. "C" will last through the entire day and evening.

Do I like it? Love it! Can I justify spending $375 for it? Not really, especially given that the notes and overall fragrance are SO close to Tuscan Leather, and for another $90, I can have a flacon of that. For me, it's a very delicious scent, but I'm not ready to plunk out $400 (with tax) for something that is so close to something I already have and also love. I think this is more a matter of flair than anything else. Even the sales consultants at Neiman agree this is just a touch too expensive for what it is, and like some others on this thread, I can appreciate what goes into a good scent and gladly pay for something of quality.

This perverts that limit.

Got to agree suburbanites.
    I got a chance last week at Roja Doves Emporium in Harrods to try a side-by-side (simultaneous left hand/right hand) of Tuscan Leather and C Men.
    Basically C Men is a tweaked version of TL (think Windows Home v Windows Pro).
    For that key period between 20 minutes and 5 hours it's hard to tell them apart.
    After that TL faded to a "virtual" vetiver. C Men keeps raspberry (I'm think that's what the SnowLotus is doing - a basenote raspberry) and fades the next day.
    I don't yet own either and the cost ratios differ 115 TL(50) 160 TL(100) 260 TL(250) 195 CM(50).
    At this moment I know I'll buy one tomorrow, but not yet which.
    Patience is the parent of success

Quote Originally Posted by NevilleM View Post
    I don't yet own either and the cost ratios differ 115 TL(50) 160 TL(100) 260 TL(250) 195 CM(50).
    At this moment I know I'll buy one tomorrow, but not yet which.
    So what did you end up deciding, Nevile? I'm curious as I'm back and forth on this decision, versus spending on...well, let's say something else.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about C since I encountered it. It's the most beautiful creation I've ever smelled. So rich and carefully balanced, every note complimenting the next, it's a very special potion. The way the leather fades to cinnamon and the raspberry reveals itself is ravishing, and it just kept going. And evolving. I went to sleep with my nose on my wrist that night, I just couldn't get enough. It Lasted almost 24 hrs on my thick skin. I scoffed at the price but by the next day I knew I had to have it. I'll buy a bottle. Actually, I'll probally buy 3. I like it THAT much.
    My 2 cents

But I agree, the name is....*shakes head*.... Its just bad.

suburbanites: In the end I went for a TL(100ml) (I can still have sleepless nights can't I?)

When the Tuscan Leather runs out I'll upgrade to a Clive's C Men - maybe they'll do a 100ml by then and/or my nose will have evolved enough so I can appreciate the extras more.
    C for Men is the better perfume, but Tom Ford gives you the majority of it for half the price and comes in larger sizes.

I wasn't that impressed with the other Clive Christian's. Maybe I'll try C for Women.

Now to try TL/Oud Wood and TL/Tobacco Vanille combos...
    Patience is the parent of success

It's strange - it's in the ladies' forum, yet all the talk is about the men's.

Come on folks, I'm dying to know about the floral.

( My biggest dislike of Tuscan Leather was due to that raspberry note, so C Men - snicker; sorry - holds no appeal for me. )

good scent. atleast the womens
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 5th September 2011 at 04:50 PM.

I love C with a passion, but I can't afford it. Any ideas for less pricey alternatives?
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    I love C with a passion, but I can't afford it. Any ideas for less pricey alternatives?
    You might like Divine by Divine or Colette 1873 by HdP

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    You might like Divine by Divine or Colette 1873 by HdP
    Awesome. I'll hunt them down.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    Bond no. 9 Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York smells very similar to Clive Christian C for Women, better in my opinion

I was wondering ... : Да:
    I have Divine by Divine and CLIVE CHRISTIAN С (wom), they are completely different.
    Divine resemble vintage French perfume. Their beauty comes with time. Unfortunately, the notes can not spread out,-they sound like a great solid tune.
    CLIVE С - a modern and luxurious. Yes, he is full of jasmine, tuberose, peach, rose, vanilla ... But I can not wear it! Heavy and stuffy. Sometimes I find it kind of Daphne CDG.: Thumbsup: But I love Daphne !!!

I tried this (women's version) a few weeks ago at Saks...it's a beautiful creamy jasmine, but I wouldn't pay $375 for 50ml of it. That's a car payment! By Killians/Bond No. 9s are as expensive as I'm willing to go, so I'll have to check out Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York.