Code of Conduct

Default how to dab the extract correctly?

every time I open a small bottle of perfume in the extract form, I don't know what to do: to put finger on the whole and to dab the extract on skin with finger...or to touch your skin with the stopper?
    how to avoid derbis particles?
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Default Re: how to dab the extract correctly?

I decant into an atomizer and spray... But a little debris won't damage the scent, so dab any way you like! If you really want to dab, but keep the extrait as pristine as possible, you can dab wearing a new pair of latex gloves or decant a little bit into a sample vial and dab from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    you can dab wearing a new pair of latex gloves
    sounds a bit pervert hahahaha... it's basenotes))
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

With clean and dry hands, turn the bottle over, get the juice on the thumb, finger/fingers (index and middle fingers together work well) and go for it. I often just get it all over my whole hand.

Put it wherever feels right: pulse points, hair, clothes - if it's a non-staining juice I like to swipe it on clothes made of natural fibers.

But like tott, I prefer to spray. Putting it in a spray bottle will preserve the juice better by limiting the oxygen/humidity exposure. You can always just spray a little out into your hand and dab it that way.

Yeah, it's fun. Turn it over, get it on the finger, spray it into your hand. Gotta do it.........

Here's a good place for quality spray atomizers if you want one:

www.accessoriesforfragrances.com
    Last edited by pluran; 15th July 2010 at 09:01 AM.

oh, how nice
    once I ordered from http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com/. I liked them. I had 1.5 ml glass vials which were very good. I also ordered 2.5 ml plastic spray bottles...they were quite good, but they were leaking a bit.
    I see now they have glass atomizers: Clear GLASS Atomizer w/Clear Pump - 2.5ml. maybe somebody tried them?

When using fragrance in extrait form, it is important that exposure to skin oils and particles be kept to a minimum. It's o.k. to hold a fingertip over the bottle opening and then dab onto yourself, but wipe off the bottle opening and rim right away before closing it up. What to use to wipe - NOT a scented tissue; an unscented one if fine, but a clean hankie is ideal. Or how's this - a clean tee shirt or undershirt or pair of undershorts even - then you'll have a nice trace of scent. Emphasis on clean - as in laundered, taken straight out of the drawer, not worn yesterday.

I never let anyone else use my bottles of extrait either. It's inevitable that there will be a minute amount of skin oil, etc. that will make its way into the liquid over time. If there's going to be any flesh contacting that precious stuff, it's going to be mine and only mine. If a friend wants to sample, I usually dab a bit onto my finger and then anoint them with it.

Take good care of your extraits - they are a very special way of experiencing fragrance.