Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which rose-dominant scents have good longevity?

Or et Noir has just joined Jardin Secret on my must-sample list! Thanks! I'm also still having great success with the jojoba oil thing and my rose absolute. They both enhance whatever scent I'm wearing and help it last (but every scent I wear has rose!)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by redrose View Post
    Or et Noir has just joined Jardin Secret on my must-sample list! Thanks! I'm also still having great success with the jojoba oil thing and my rose absolute. They both enhance whatever scent I'm wearing and help it last (but every scent I wear has rose!)
    Sounds wonderful Redrose.
    Rose absolute is pretty amazing stuff. Rose Otto is absolutely wonderful too . I'm thinking of getting Une Rose Chypre by Andy Tauer.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I 'd like to add another rose scent which i like so much and i have in my wanting list for quite some time (actually is a perfumed oil) :
    Frankincense - Myrrh - Rose Maroc perfume oil by Regina Harris

The description as it is showed in luckyscent:
    This is a decadent and resinous perfume oil filled with the scents of rituals both sacred and profane-- of imagined opium dens and warrior pirate queens, of gilded mosques and ancient religious ceremonies. Rich, thick and dark as an Arabian night, Harris built her creation around the ceremonial incense resins of frankincense and myrrh, while the costly and precious "oil of passion, " rose maroc, adds a rose-tinged spice and deep honey accord. Hand-blended and presented in exotic handmade metalwork bottles, this perfume oil is spellbinding in its dark, sweet magnificence-- a holy fragrance to enchant and beguile with.

Good Luck
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

DoublePost
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Institution

I found a very comprehensive list of rose perfumes listed in categories here... http://museinwoodenshoes.wordpress.c...uquet-of-roses

There are so many good recommendations here (+1 for Une Rose, Fleurs de Bulgarie, Paestum Rose, Rossy de Palma and Stella Rose Absolute) that I didn't think I'd have anything to add, but if you like deep, dark and lusty roses with great sillage and longevity, I'd suggest Lorenzo Villoresi's Donna. I put it on yesterday morning and it lasted well into the late afternoon, and I could still detect the basenotes after a swim and a long shower. Of course your mileage may vary, but I rarely get such amazing longevity so I suspect it would be the same for you (Btw, I love Lancome's Mille et Une Roses but it loses big points because it only lasts about ten minutes on me, same with Bulgari's Rose Essentielle.)

Also, some rose chypres (the chypre base always lasts a good while on me, and rose-chypres are my absolute favorites) that rank highly for both beauty and longevity are Diva, La Perla, Aromatics Elixir, Safari and Agent Provocateur. (And Donna Trussardi, Rose Cardin and the original Calvin Klein, if you don't mind the fact that they're discontinued - most of them still come up on eBay now and again.)

Fleurs de the rose bulgarie by creed and arabian wood by tom ford which has a rose and wood combo.

Mimi Gardenia, thanks for the link, which was interesting and fun! Also, sophi, I like the sound of the Regina Miller. Will need to try this. Am also waiting to sample Or et Noir and Jardin Secret, which sound lovely.
    For me, so far the winners are: Ta'if (I already bought a bottle and love it); Fleurs de the Rose Bulgaires; Fleurs de Bulgarie; Stella Rose Absolute; Le Maroc pour Elle; Cabaret; Rose Barbare.
    I have a box full of excellent samples and am having a great time with this quest! Thank you, everybody, for suggestions.

Try Parfum d’Empire 3 Fleurs. The floral notes are Bulgarian rose, Egyptian jasmine, and Indian tuberose, but the rose note is most dominant to me. Longevity is quite good, I can still smell it several hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by chengfun View Post
    Try Parfum d’Empire 3 Fleurs. The floral notes are Bulgarian rose, Egyptian jasmine, and Indian tuberose, but the rose note is most dominant to me. Longevity is quite good, I can still smell it several hours later.
    I am wearing this right now!3 Fleurs is the combination of three :jasmine,rose and tuberose ...it has galbanum which gives the green freshness in this perfume...rose is not dominant in the composition.(it's kind more strong in the opening only)..it's the mix of three...that gives one scent ,one aroma ...
    Last edited by sophi; 2nd August 2010 at 06:03 PM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Givenchy's V.I. Rose Centifolia

Malle's Une Rose

Amouage Lyric Woman has a very strong rose scent with good longevity

there's many others!

Funnily enough, I already requested a sample of 3 Fleurs, so am looking forward to getting it soon. And I absolutely love Lyric Woman! I have a tiny sample I turn to for special occasions! A bit too pricey for me for every day, but quite wonderful. Maybe someone will think of it as a birthday present (if I leave a hint lying around).

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    I am wearing this right now!3 Fleurs is the combination of three :jasmine,rose and tuberose ...it has galbanum which gives the green freshness in this perfume...rose is not dominant in the composition.(it's kind more strong in the opening only)..it's the mix of three...that gives one scent ,one aroma ...
    Maybe it's my chemistry that brings out the rose note more than the other two. A review on Now Smell This commented it reminds the reviewer of Jean Patou Joy EdT. Worth a try to see how you perceive it.

Quote Originally Posted by chengfun View Post
    Maybe it's my chemistry that brings out the rose note more than the other two. A review on Now Smell This commented it reminds the reviewer of Jean Patou Joy EdT. Worth a try to see how you perceive it.
    I have written my review here about 3 fleurs...i hope it appears after a while
    What i see in this is how the three scents of the three flowers (jasmin,rose and tuberose) are combined as one and still you can detect each one separately!That's what is great in this perfume
    ps
    I am not the only one smelling the three scents ,please have a look in the critics :http://www.basenotes.net/ID26131183.html
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

I must (for obvious reasons ) second Hillaire's suggestion of Sisley's Soir de Lune, an excellent woody rose chypre with immense staying power. It's an assertive step up from Cabaret: less cedary and translucent and more complex, honied and mossy.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

sophi, thanks for link. Will read with interest!
    soirdelune, I guess that's your signature scent? If you have one? I sprayed some on a few weeks ago and really liked it. It certainly is complex. May try to get a sample of this.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Rose is one of the most often discussed notes her on the forum. When I entered the word rose & clicked on advance search to look in forum & posts, the search engine yielded 7 pages of threads.

Here's a good one: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/204...highlight=rose

I love rose fragrances, myself. Check out the four sections of Raphaella's Roses in Sniffapalooza Magazine. http://www.sniffapaloozamagazine.com...sesSERIES.html I wrote the second "forward " for the section.
    I've belatedly stumbled across this, but thanks very much for this link. I've found loads I'd like to try here. It's beautifully written!

This is such a gorgeous piece. Wonderful writing, beautiful pics! I've printed it out for quick reference.

There is a perfume called Khantor by Nutrimetics..this is one fine rose scent ,very lasting ..i'd like to submit this one,too!
    There isn't in directory ...i will try to download a picture of it

Inspired by warm Moroccan nights this floral oriental fragrance features notes of Bergamot and Ylang Ylang over a heart of Violet Rose and Lily of the Valley and finishes with a Vanilla White Musk and Sandalwood base.

Ingredients: Top Notes Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Pepper. Middle Notes Violet, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Cedar. Base Notes Vanilla, Musk, Sandalwood
    Skin Condition: Fragrance
    Last edited by sophi; 6th August 2010 at 01:31 PM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

I've been wearing small amounts of Histoires de Parfums 1876 (Mata Hari) from samples.. A very fresh rosy top note, and a spicy rose drydown, with lots of staying power.

Here are the notes from the HdP site.
    It is not as fruity as it sounds. There is a somewhat candied mid-phase (a little cinnamon meets a fair quantity of violet)

Top note : Bergamot, orange, Litchi;
    Heart Note : rose , iris , violet, Cumin, Cinnamon, Carnation;
    Base Note : Vetiver, Guaiacum, Sandalwood
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

I'll play - Fresh Cannabis rose. It's an EdP, pretty sweet with a little funk. a fairly straight forward simple rose note that just holds all day (I get probably 7-8 hours from this).
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Costa Azzura,
    Neroli Portofino,
    Plum Japonais, Lavender Palm and
    AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    I've been wearing small amounts of Histoires de Parfums 1876 (Mata Hari) from samples.. A very fresh rosy top note, and a spicy rose drydown, with lots of staying power.

Here are the notes from the HdP site.
    It is not as fruity as it sounds. There is a somewhat candied mid-phase (a little cinnamon meets a fair quantity of violet)

Top note : Bergamot, orange, Litchi;
    Heart Note : rose , iris , violet, Cumin, Cinnamon, Carnation;
    Base Note : Vetiver, Guaiacum, Sandalwood
    Many happy returns of the day Nostalgie ! Histoires 1876 is a beauty !

I also must sing praises yet again for Une Rose Chypree- it's longevity is outstanding. It's magical getting whiffs of it all of the sudden, out of nowhere. It happened to me at the gym ,though I was wearing a different scent. It must have been in my hair or something.

well, here are my suggestions:

people of the labyrinth's amaze-->long lasting on my skin, very nice scent, but very expensive
    amouge's lyric-->also very long lasting
    tauer's una rose chypree-->yes, but I don't like that scent
    juliette gas a gun's miss charming-->long lasting, and very nice fragrance
    kieko's mogador-->very nice!

and of course, by kilian's rose oud -->great scent, very sexy, very feminine, but veryyyyyy expensive

Is it only me that i smell too much cinnamon in Une Rose Chypree and too much petroleum in Rose Oud ?
    Are Rose scents supposed to smell like pure roses???
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

I'm wearing Jo Malone Red Roses today, and it has lasted 8+ hours so far...And I really tried not to over-spray. I think it is a true rose without much else going on - kind of sparkly. I really like the Sa Majeste as well.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    Is it only me that i smell too much cinnamon in Une Rose Chypree and too much petroleum in Rose Oud ?
    Are Rose scents supposed to smell like pure roses???
    Soph- I like the cinnamon in Une Rose Chypree- I don't find it too overpowering - just a nice nose 'zing' .

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Soph- I like the cinnamon in Une Rose Chypree- I don't find it too overpowering - just a nice nose 'zing' .
    I like spiced rose or woody rose scents like Rose by Cardin ..in which i can still smell "pure" roses
    I also like chypre roses like Cabaret...nice chypre rosee...i like fresh green roses like Tea rose ....
    I don't enjoy oud in a perfume in general...
    Une Rose Chypre i smell cinnamon like Caron Poivre...too much for my nose
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Andy Tauer's Incense Rose lasts very long on me and SL sa majeste la rose.

I read that someone suggested soir de lune, that has great longevity but unfortunately I can never smell any rose on myself.

Incense Rose unfortunately gives me contact dermatitis. Don't know why, but I'm always careful now around Tauer, even though the scents are wonderful. I spray them on cloth instead of my skin. And - when I splashed on my sample of L'Ombre dans L'Eau, my cat ran away from me! Cat-lovers know how traumatic that can be! I guess the realistic blackcurrant flower notes were a turn-off for my Maine Coonie. But two wonderful samples of extrait decants arrived today, Or et Noir and N'Aimez Que Moi (the parfum), and they have both lasted for three hours now, so am very happy.
    Waiting for other samples, too, and the Khantor sounds incredible but very hard to source.
    Everyone has been so helpful, this is a great community for perfume mad people like me!

Basenotes Institution

And - when I splashed on my sample of L'Ombre dans L'Eau, my cat ran away from me! Cat-lovers know how traumatic that can be! I guess the realistic blackcurrant flower notes were a turn-off for my Maine Coonie. But two wonderful samples of extrait decants arrived today, Or et Noir and N'Aimez Que Moi (the parfum), and they have both lasted for three hours now, so am very happy.
    Waiting for other samples, too, and the Khantor sounds incredible but very hard to source.
    Everyone has been so helpful, this is a great community for perfume mad people like me!
    We love having you here !
    Poor kitty too !

Update - 3 Fleurs is very pretty and has good longevity - thanks for that tip. I like it a lot.
    Also - Alahine sample arrived, and I really love it, but sadly it's proved a migraine-inducer for me. Will save sample for another day in case this was a coincidence. A beautiful scent with great longevity. I smell the rose and the amber, but goodness knows what else is in there! Reminds me of strolling through the souk in Jerusalem!

You can't go wrong with any montale if you're going for a strong rose fragrance. I think Crystal Flowers is their pure rose one? but honestly most are good.

Calandre by Paco Rabonne. You can buy it on the internet and it is not expensive.

Am rapidly finishing decant of Or et Noir from TPC - would love to buy a bottle, but can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions? Is it discontinued?

Then there's also Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie ,the new one that is, that has a heart that is basically bulgarian roses and nothing else and this rose note lasts a long time...
    also worth mentioning is the Montale's Aoud Queen Roses from their rose series...these are composed of a heart of arabian and grasse red roses.

Basenotes Institution

Am rapidly finishing decant of Or et Noir from TPC - would love to buy a bottle, but can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions? Is it discontinued?
    Redrose- you are in the UK- you could ring The Haute Parfumerie in Harrods to see if they have any ? Les Senteurs in London doesn't seem to have any on their website but you can call them .
    Escentual.com has Caron but they don;t stock Or et Noir.

The other place is Fortnum's on Green Park /Piccadilly in London but they have a much smaller offering of Caron. I am not sure re. Or et Noir.

Then there's Caron in Paris you could contact.

Alternatively just get big decants from The Perfumed Court - it might be easier and ultimately cheaper. For some reason, Caron is very expensive in UK compared to the US.

Les Senteurs
    71 Elizabeth Street
    Belgravia
    London
    SW1W 9PJ
    (Five minutes walk from Victoria station.) tel 020 7730 2322
    http://shop.lessenteurs.com/

Castorpollux- Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie is just excellent- like you said - roses and more pure velvet roses.

Basenotes Plus

@ redrose gotta try Bond No 9's Harrod's Rose...beautiful!

I am enjoying the Juliette Has A Gun fragrances, all of which are rose centric.

Oh & corrected the typo ("here" instead of "her") in my earlier entry.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Thanks, Mimi Gardenia - I hadn't thought of trying the Haute Parfumerie, so will give them a call. Les Senteurs doesn't have it on their website, as you say, but might be worth calling. I absolutely love Or et Noir so will hope for the best, otherwise decants do seem to be the way to go.
    I really like the Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie, too, but as it was a decant I don't whether it was the old or new version. Smelled of wonderful roses, so probably the new!
    Wonder what it is about the old fragrances, why they have such good longevity compared to many of the new? I hope it's not that they use animal fixatives!

Now tried all samples - personal favourites are: Ta'if; Fleurs de The Rose Bulgaire; Or et Noir; Rose Barbare; Bulgarie Rose Essentielle EdP; Mata Hari; Cabaret. Wish the Creeds were not so expensive! Also, Or et Noir seems available now only in decants, what a shame. Now I need to save for FB's of all the above!
    Also, I purchased a Rose Absolute which I add to Aromatics Elixir and other scents to increase the rose, and also wear alone.
    Why is rose so important to me? It always has been, but recently I've been going crazy for everything rose-y. And websites say rose is good for hypertension - which I've just been diagnosed with! Coincidence, or what?
    Thanks for so many great suggestions, everyone.