Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Which rose-dominant scents have good longevity?

Update - 3 Fleurs is very pretty and has good longevity - thanks for that tip. I like it a lot.
    Also - Alahine sample arrived, and I really love it, but sadly it's proved a migraine-inducer for me. Will save sample for another day in case this was a coincidence. A beautiful scent with great longevity. I smell the rose and the amber, but goodness knows what else is in there! Reminds me of strolling through the souk in Jerusalem!

You can't go wrong with any montale if you're going for a strong rose fragrance. I think Crystal Flowers is their pure rose one? but honestly most are good.

Calandre by Paco Rabonne. You can buy it on the internet and it is not expensive.

Am rapidly finishing decant of Or et Noir from TPC - would love to buy a bottle, but can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions? Is it discontinued?

Then there's also Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie ,the new one that is, that has a heart that is basically bulgarian roses and nothing else and this rose note lasts a long time...
    also worth mentioning is the Montale's Aoud Queen Roses from their rose series...these are composed of a heart of arabian and grasse red roses.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by redrose View Post
    Am rapidly finishing decant of Or et Noir from TPC - would love to buy a bottle, but can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions? Is it discontinued?
    Redrose- you are in the UK- you could ring The Haute Parfumerie in Harrods to see if they have any ? Les Senteurs in London doesn't seem to have any on their website but you can call them .
    Escentual.com has Caron but they don;t stock Or et Noir.

The other place is Fortnum's on Green Park /Piccadilly in London but they have a much smaller offering of Caron. I am not sure re. Or et Noir.

Then there's Caron in Paris you could contact.

Alternatively just get big decants from The Perfumed Court - it might be easier and ultimately cheaper. For some reason, Caron is very expensive in UK compared to the US.

Les Senteurs
    71 Elizabeth Street
    Belgravia
    London
    SW1W 9PJ
    (Five minutes walk from Victoria station.) tel 020 7730 2322
    http://shop.lessenteurs.com/

Castorpollux- Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie is just excellent- like you said - roses and more pure velvet roses.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

@ redrose gotta try Bond No 9's Harrod's Rose...beautiful!

I am enjoying the Juliette Has A Gun fragrances, all of which are rose centric.

Oh & corrected the typo ("here" instead of "her") in my earlier entry.
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville

Thanks, Mimi Gardenia - I hadn't thought of trying the Haute Parfumerie, so will give them a call. Les Senteurs doesn't have it on their website, as you say, but might be worth calling. I absolutely love Or et Noir so will hope for the best, otherwise decants do seem to be the way to go.
    I really like the Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie, too, but as it was a decant I don't whether it was the old or new version. Smelled of wonderful roses, so probably the new!
    Wonder what it is about the old fragrances, why they have such good longevity compared to many of the new? I hope it's not that they use animal fixatives!

Now tried all samples - personal favourites are: Ta'if; Fleurs de The Rose Bulgaire; Or et Noir; Rose Barbare; Bulgarie Rose Essentielle EdP; Mata Hari; Cabaret. Wish the Creeds were not so expensive! Also, Or et Noir seems available now only in decants, what a shame. Now I need to save for FB's of all the above!
    Also, I purchased a Rose Absolute which I add to Aromatics Elixir and other scents to increase the rose, and also wear alone.
    Why is rose so important to me? It always has been, but recently I've been going crazy for everything rose-y. And websites say rose is good for hypertension - which I've just been diagnosed with! Coincidence, or what?
    Thanks for so many great suggestions, everyone.