Code of Conduct

Default Has anybody tried L'Artisan L'Echange?

Hi all,

A couple years ago I found a listing on Basenotes for L'Echange by L'Artisan (http://www.basenotes.net/ID26129383.html). I think it was created by Bertrand Duchaufour and was exclusive to their boutique at the Royal Exhchange in London.

Notes include: pink pepper, coriander, mandarin, orange, raspberry, pepper, elemi, rose, incense, musks, ambery wood.

Since then I have tried on and off to find it, but no luck. If anybody has any experience with this fragrance or any idea about how to find some, I would be appreciative of the help.

Thanks!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Has anybody tried L'Artisan L'Echange?

Never heard of it.

If it is so hard to find, your best bet will be to do a Saved Search on eBay (run a search for it and then "save" the search using the link for that function)-- if a bottle shows up for sale, you will get an automated email notification.

Edit:

Here is a post where others are wondering about it too....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/198...=L%27%C9change
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 15th July 2010 at 05:18 PM.

Never heard of it either. You could also inquire directly with L'Artisan.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Thank you for your ideas. I'm slowly trying all routes. If I manage to find it, I will post back here. In the meantime, if anyone else knows of this it would be great to hear from you. Thanks all!!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I saw the thread on POL. Since it was a UK based scent apparently, I would do a saved search on the UK branch of eBay, eBay.UK.

Good point. Thanks for the advice. I saved my searches on Ebay U.S. I'll head over to Ebay U.K. as well.

Basenotes Institution

I've never heard of this scent - thanks for posting about it. Please report back if you actually smell some, I'd love to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I've never heard of this scent - thanks for posting about it. Please report back if you actually smell some, I'd love to hear about it.
    If I manage to get my hands on some I will definitely report back!

Well, after a year of searching, I did find a 1/2 bottle for sale. I just received it and thought I would report my first impressions. First off, this definitely smells like Duchaufour circa 2007 (vs. his newer recent style). It is not an original departure like Timbuktu or Dzongka. Rather it smells like the offspring of Jubilation XXV and Poivre Piquant...but a quiet offspring. My first wearing brought out a bit of the Citrus and some Coriander on top and the Raspberry and Pepper in the middle. This stage feels like a slightly fruitier Poivre Piquant without the milk. Mixed in an present from the start is the ambery woods base that becomes dominant over time. This character is much much lighter than in Jubilation XXV, but it is the element that smells the most like it. The scent is pleasant and has some subtle differences from the other fragrances I have named, but hopefully by mentioning them, I have helped you imagine what it's like. That's what I have so far.

Second try:

I spritzed on the top of my forearm and this time I experienced a smoother transition from top to bottom. There was more rose and incense noticeable this time. Also, whereas the first time I had my nose pressed up to my arm most of the time, this time I just went about my business and was happy to notice the scent wafting up. It was definitely noticeable, but not over strong. I think that the rose and incense were more noticeable because I allowed some distance.

Though I was reminded of vaguely of Jubilation XXV and Poivre Piquant the first time, another BD creation came to mind this time in addition to the others: Paestum Rose. I still consider this softer and gentler than JXXV and Paestum Rose...maybe about the same feeling of potency as Poivre Piquant (if you are familiar with it). If I have any complaint, I just wish I got a touch more citrus in the top notes and a touch more musk in the basenotes. It is smooth and pleasant and good for men or women. I like it.

I`m wearing my decant of this fragrance for the first time today. I definitely didn`t like it. While it`s a pleasant aroma, the woody amber at the base is evident on me since the first moments of application. It shouts to me STANDARD MALE FRAGRANCE, and i don`t like it at all. I get a sort of boozy spiced opening at my skin; there`s something fresh and almost edible, then it`s joined with a blast of peppery aromas, followed shortly by the woody amber musk that ruins everything for me. Then it seems to transform in a resinous incensed woody fragrance.
    I cannot see it as similar to the refined Jubilation XXV. Echange smells somehow crude i think, nothing refined, like the perfumer reused a easy structure that he could stuck other notes. Definitely this won`t be one of my favorites from l'artisan.