Code of Conduct

Thread: BeautyEncounter

Default BeautyEncounter

Reliable place for samples?

Default Re: BeautyEncounter

it would be pretty pointless to create fake samples. i'd go ahead and throw caution to the wind on this one...

They're good people. Just got my Guerlain Homme Perfume Intense, and it's the real deal in great shape. BE can be trusted.

I think samples are good anywhere and everywhere. As for BE, I deal with them once and nothing to complain about. Wish they have free shipping though

In general, they are very good to deal with, but they also do not have the freshest stock of certain fragrances. I returned a Bois de Portugal and Vetiver by Creed as they were not fresh stock - one was from 2005.

Sur la Plage

Yes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yes.

I got a couple of things from them a few weeks ago, no problems. I haven't found anywhere else that beats their prices, but you do have to spend $100 to get free shipping.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    In general, they are very good to deal with, but they also do not have the freshest stock of certain fragrances. I returned a Bois de Portugal and Vetiver by Creed as they were not fresh stock - one was from 2005.
    Just so you know... BdP and Vetiver are not high-volume Creeds, so 2005 was probably the most recent batch put out. You should not have returned it. If you bought from www.creedboutique.com, you would have gotten a 2005 bottle too.

I recently got Acier Aluminium from CreedBoutique and it was 2005. another low-volume seller.

now GIT and MI... The latest batches of those are 2009. that's because those are their top sellers and they have to keep making more constantly.

I bought my GIT from them a while back. Like somebody said up top, it wasn't exackly fresh stock. But i guess samples no problem.

I picked up a bottle of it too, they had the best price I could find anywhere. I buy from Beauty Encounter often, have always been very happy with the service and products.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    They're good people. Just got my Guerlain Homme Perfume Intense, and it's the real deal in great shape. BE can be trusted.

[/QUOTE]either way, good decision getting a fresh bottle from the Boutique. It is essential with Creed, especially their green scents, that it be as fresh/recent as possible.[/QUOTE]

i like beautyencounter for a lot of things... but it's too much of a risk to buy Creed from them (as Neal has just found out).

recently I have bought two bottle of GIT (one was a gift for someone else, one for me). The bottle I got from the Creed Boutique had an 09 stamp on it and smells AMAZING. the bottle I gave away had an 01 stamp on it, and the top notes are noticeably missing. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TalkingMuffin;1883116]Just so you know... BdP and Vetiver are not high-volume Creeds, so 2005 was probably the most recent batch put out. You should not have returned it. If you bought from www.creedboutique.com, you would have gotten a 2005 bottle too.

Now you've got me totally confused TalkingMuffin. I ended up sending both back to BeautyEncounter and placing an order with CreedBoutique. I specifically explained what happened and asked them to fill the order ONLY if the bottles they could supply were 2008 or newer. Both arrived with 2009 stamps. Yippee!!!
    Last edited by neal; 16th July 2010 at 11:15 PM.

Can't speak for samples, but their bottled scents are of excellent quality IMO.

I don't want to change the subject, but just a quick question:

With regards to Creed bottles and just how old they are when you purchase one, Creed USA mentioned to me in an e-mail a few days ago that no matter where you buy a bottle from in the world, it will have come from their stock/warehouse in France. Obviously there are different distributors eg. Creed Boutique USA, Nobilis for Germany and The Orange Square company in the UK, so who is holding on to old stock? Is it Creed in France that has loads of not so popular fragrances still sitting on a shelf, is it the distributors that have old stuff and then pass this onto the retailers when they place an order, or is it just the shop/retailer you purchase from that loves to offload old stock, having told the customer it is fresh and new?

This will happen with other perfume houses, but everytime you buy something that isn't a brand new release, does anyone else end up thinking just how old is the perfume that you're receiving? It's disgusting when having spent good money, you may or may not find out later that you've been sent something, that was around at the same time as Noah and his Ark

It may be I am the only one, but I have not noticed that a few years of age affects the fragrance at all. If the inventory is not stored in sunlight or high heat there is little change to the juice at all as it ages. For some fragrances ageing may actually improve the smell!

With Creed fragrances there does seem to be considerable difference in the strength of some of the natural oil ingredients when comparing different batch years to each other. Some of the older years are actually much better quality. For instance the Erolfa of late 1990's was much more intense than the batches produced and distributed around 2002 which had weak ingredients causing it to smell really pale by comparison and led to charges of counterfeit fragrance and all that. The Erolfa now being sold has come back about half way to the pre 2000 year strength and is much improved. I always supposed it was changes in the natural ingredients that are in the mix from year to year as I know these do change from source to source and from year to year - kind of like a good year for wine, or a bad year due to weather and sunshine etc.

I tend to think with Creed it varies batch to batch. I had some BdP a few years back that was never as potent as people here tend to indicate. I did once return a GIT because it seemed so less potent than the first bottle I bought.

Some of my older Creeds seem to run out of gas and some seem to get stronger?!?!?

I would trust Beauty Encounter for samples for sure.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 17th July 2010 at 09:17 PM.

I purchased a bottle from Beauty Encounter on Sunday, now it's Tuesday and they have not updated the order status page like it hasn't even been shipped. What's the point of paying extra money for fast delivery.. can anyone else share experince they had with BE with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I purchased a bottle from Beauty Encounter on Sunday, now it's Tuesday and they have not updated the order status page like it hasn't even been shipped. What's the point of paying extra money for fast delivery.. can anyone else share experince they had with BE with us?
    I ordered from BE last Tuesday; got notified of shipment on Thursday; received it today (Monday). Not too shabby.

If you ordered on Sunday, it probably didn't get processed until Monday. They do say orders can take 48 hours to process, so it's not time to get worried yet.

Ordered 2 bottles from them

Half way through the day they emailed me saying they ran out of stock on 1 of the bottles and went ahead and placed another order on my behalf on the other bottle they had in stock. Shipping was still free since I originally hit 100$, but they did not use the coupon I applied initially. I noticed and immediately called to cancel and they said it will take 1-2 days for them to notify me. They told me this on Friday the Oct 1st. Today, still no email or anything. Sketchy at best from my experience.

BE is the old PerfumeBay, right? Mixed experiences with them, some OK some bad. Not above selling some old products. Haven't used them in at least six years.

BE is reliable with good prices, but sometimes their packaging is lacking. They shipped a box with a bottle of fragrance in nothing more than a bubble envelope.
    Last edited by Primrose; 5th October 2010 at 05:27 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    BE is the old PerfumeBay, right? Mixed experiences with them, some OK some bad. Not above selling some old products. Haven't used them in at least six years.
    I think Beauty Encounter used to be called Beautiful Perfumes. I could be wrong though.

Basenotes Plus

I've ordered alot of samples from Beauty Encounter in the last year and have been very pleased with their service and quality.
    Also, remember to get your 3 free samples before you check out.

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    Ordered 2 bottles from them

Half way through the day they emailed me saying they ran out of stock on 1 of the bottles and went ahead and placed another order on my behalf on the other bottle they had in stock. Shipping was still free since I originally hit 100$, but they did not use the coupon I applied initially. I noticed and immediately called to cancel and they said it will take 1-2 days for them to notify me. They told me this on Friday the Oct 1st. Today, still no email or anything. Sketchy at best from my experience.
    Update: They went ahead and let the card payment go through. I called them and asked what was up and the same rep said the same thing, they are looking for the item and cannot process the refund until the item turns up in the warehouse.

Anyone order Creeds MI from BeautyEncounter lately? Wondering if it would be safe to go ahead and place an order? Thakns