Code of Conduct

Default Bandit and Quorum

Maybe the hot summer time is not appropriate for this thread but my question is:
    do you find any resemblance between Bandit pour Homme
    by Robert Piguet and Quorum by Antonio Puig?

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Bandit and Quorum

No, No, No, absolutely not
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: Bandit and Quorum

According to fellow Base Noters, there are notes in common between Bandit and Aramis. I have not tried Bandit, but I could tell this is so after smellin Bandit's talcum powder.

Both are deemed to be leather-dominant fragrances, but I don't smell any similarity at all between them.

Quorum is crude, earthy and very much a macho man type frag. The heavy use of cumin and patchouli gives it particular grittiness. Very masculine.

Bandit is considered by many to be unisex, but I think it smells very feminine and floral. I don't find it to be earthy at all.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Both are deemed to be leather-dominant fragrances, but I don't smell any similarity at all between them.

Quorum is crude, earthy and very much a macho man type frag. The heavy use of cumin and patchouli gives it particular grittiness. Very masculine.

Bandit is considered by many to be unisex, but I think it smells very feminine and floral. I don't find it to be earthy at all.
    I don't see any similarities either. But I find Bandit (the EDT version) to be extremely "masculine".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post

The recent EdP is a floralized de-barked Bandit and the Bandit pour Homme the OP refers to is an entirely different animal, an IBQ bomb that smells like it was created by the killer android version of Germaine Cellier. But I still agree with you, the two aren't similar.

Quorum is similar to Z-14 but I like Quorum better. Bandit is more like the drydown of Francesco Smalto, but for a chypre (which Bandit is) I prefer Pheromone for Men by Miglin. Bandit is too harsh for me.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 16th July 2010 at 09:08 PM.