Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Prada Infusion d'Iris EDT

Is there really a need for this?

From nstperfume.com

Prada will launch a Eau de Toilette version of Infusion d’Iris in August. The new fragrance for women focuses on the iris flower — or “a memory of iris”, since most iris flowers are not scented — instead of the more traditionally used iris root.

The new Eau de Toilette was developed by perfumer Daniela Andrier, who also created the original Infusion d’Iris. Additional notes include neroli, lily of the valley, violet, heliotrope, cedar and galbanum.

Prada Infusion d’Iris Eau de Toilette will be available in 50, 100 and 200 ml
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Prada Infusion d'Iris EDT

Interesting but you're right J...is there a need for an EDT ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thank you, JC. I like the EDP. It's a nice, safe scent with a smooth iris.

The EDT is just another attempt to get another makret out there. I think D&G release The One for women and then released the EDT.

I wonder how the notes vary in the Iris EDT.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

In my opinion, nuh-uh, there isn't.

Is there really a need for this?
    Maybe only for a Prada Infusion collector. Sounds pretty anyway. The more the merrier is my attitude now.

p.s. It had better stand up and whistle Yankee Doodle to get me to actually purchase.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 16th July 2010 at 06:22 PM.

I don't know, I'm excited about it. As long as it isn't just a lighter version of the original, that is. The notes listed sound pretty different from the original so I'm optimistic. So far I have enjoyed all of the Prada Infusions. Something about them appeals to me very much although I know they aren't the most unique or daring fragrances.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post
    I don't know, I'm excited about it. As long as it isn't just a lighter version of the original, that is. The notes listed sound pretty different from the original so I'm optimistic. So far I have enjoyed all of the Prada Infusions. Something about them appeals to me very much although I know they aren't the most unique or daring fragrances.
    I really like Infusion d'Iris EDP and Infusion d'Homme. But the rest I feel are mediocre, at best. I personally would like to see Prada move on.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Ridiculously unnecessary

Blog Entries

There is, IMO, no need for the flanker. Time and effort would be better spent developing something new. Infusion d'Iris is very good though, I must say.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 18th July 2010 at 02:31 AM.

I love the edp, hey I bought it. No idea other than to make more money by the the launch of an edt. Let us be honest the edp is not a power hitter and a lighter version just seems daft.

I know someone who is the sa for Prada and asked about the edt yesterday. She knew nothing but did say she was due to go training next week again.
    Last edited by donna255; 18th July 2010 at 10:39 AM.
    DONNA

Meh. I'd much rather see Prada bring out something new than rehash their old releases, much as I love Infusion d'Iris.

So I did a little digging, as I noticed the EDT at the Neiman's website. It is described as follows:

"..fresh and floral Infusion d'Iris Eau de Toilette combines delicate lily of the valley, powdery violet, sensual cedar, and the Italian memories of clean, ironed linen.

Fragrance notes: Iris pallida, muget [sic], galbanum essence, heliotrope
    "

The packaging for the EDP (which I adore - in fact, it's my SOTD) lists "mandarine d'italie, neroli de tunisie, bois de cedre, benjoin du laos, encens de somalie". Iris pallida is the central note, of course. On my skin, the incense and benzoin, I think, are amplified.

I think that the EDT sounds like it will be considerably lighter and greener, perhaps more powdery (powdery floral, that is).

I love the Infusion d'Iris EDP, but I've been really disappointed by the other "infusions" that followed. It'll be interesting to see if the EDT is really that similar to the EDP.

I find the idea of an EDT silly as well, as the EDP barely shows up on me at all. But if it's a different scent, that might change my opinion (if the longevity were longer than an hour!)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

I regularly use the EDP and appreciate that the Iris pallida develops gradually, not as a front-on slap that quickly fades. There is a marked emphasis upon the beautiful scent of the Iris pallida's rhizome as well as the blossom. It sounds like the proposed EDT would kill the pleasure for me, making a sweet powdery floral impression. There are plenty of those in my collection already.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Hello!
    i just bought this new infusion d'Iris and I must say that I much prefer it to the original EDP one which I also have and is one of my favourites.
    I like the vetiver and the mastic and the galbanum which somehow come out as a greener, fresher version and is much more 'day wear'.
    The EDP sometimes was a bit too much for me, whereas this EDT is much more agreable to splash on in the morning and I can take a deep breath in it...something that I can not do with the EDP.
    Having said that, as it is much lighter, it also does not stay very long...But neither the EDP stays as long as one would expect from it.

I'm actually going to purchase this soon,I do like the heavier emphasis on the iris flower and the addition of violet and heliotrope.I got good lasting power and medium sillage when I sampled.Not bad for an EDT,nor for the price.If it's what you're shopping for,it's worth a try.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Well I finally got to sniff this one today. WOW!!!!!! I was shocked, its not really a flanker at all. The tone and feel are really different from the edp. Its lighter airy and the iris and floral notes really make it quite feminine. The violet and heliotrope really help vamp up the iris note. I love the edp but its a heavier woody fragrance on me.

I can see me buying this one very shortly.
    DONNA

I have to admit: I tried it, I liked it!
    I did not find it dramatically different (particularly in the drydown), but it is overall lighter and fresher in a wrist-to wrist to wrist comparison. I compared briefly at a department store, and the next day I could smell some on my coat--wasn't able to tell if the drydown I smelled was EDT or EDP.
    In the first hour, though, the EDT strikes a very different mood. The EDP is dryer, woodier, and its mood is heavier.

I don't *need* the EDT , but would be delighted to receive it as a gift!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

I think it's really good too. I get a lot of galbanum with the floral notes