Code of Conduct

Default This Year's L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Summer version

I don't wear a lot of aquatic scents, but one of my first loves was Issey Miyake's L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme. Something about the yuzu note always conveyed a mysterious Japanese feel that separates it from the Acqua di Gios. So today, it was rather warm and I decided to dig out my L'Eau D'Issey PH and wear it. It was as great as ever. I'd always seen the summer versions each year, but never went for one. I popped into Ulta and snagged a bottle of this year's summer version. It's a seafoam green bottle with a white cap and horizontal white stripes going across it.

It's lighter than the original; very nice but without the "headache note" that the original sometimes has. Still has the Issey signature, but it's more condensed and I find it mellow. Very easy to wear.

I was just curious if anyone has smelled this version and can compare it to previous summer versions. Do they just change the bottle each year, or do they also rework the scent?

Blog Entries

Default Re: This Year's L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Summer version

I'm pretty sure they rework the scent. There was one a couple years back that I should have bought. It was minty and fresh and just blew me away. You know, I might actually hunt that baby down. But I'll give it a comparison to this years version a.s.a.p.

I'll have to seek it out! I just tried the new 212 on Ice after seeing it in a sleek black bottle. I thought that was kind of bizarre (ice..black? kind of like 2 fragrance cliches mashed into one) but I ended up liking it more than the one I bought (2009 version). The lemon was so synthetic and fake but in the new one I don't get much of it at all.
    Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I'm pretty sure they rework the scent. There was one a couple years back that I should have bought. It was minty and fresh and just blew me away. You know, I might actually hunt that baby down. But I'll give it a comparison to this years version a.s.a.p.
    What did the bottle look like? Sometimes I look at the past summer editions available at some etailers and wonder which ones are the best.

EDIT: I wore this today and found that it reminded me of the way Kouros Tattoo Collector feels on the skin a good while after it dries down, some similarity but with the heart of L'Eau D'Issey PH instead of Kouros. Strange and good.
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 18th July 2010 at 03:26 AM.