Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Al Andalus Attar vs. Homage Attar

I've only smelled the latter.

I understand they are in different price - and possibly complexity - leagues.

Regardless, could somebody who knows both of them well compare the two? Thank you.

Default Re: Amouage Al Andalus Attar vs. Homage Attar

I've heard Al Mas described as being similar to but more full and luxe than Montale's Red Aoud. I'd really like to smell it as I like Red Aoud quite a bit.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Apples and Oranges.

Al Andalus has a very nice light 'green' and quite commercial vibe IMO. If you enjoy GIT, Ciel and that sort of aromatic fougere style it could press the right buttons. It is not at all 'heavy' or 'oudy' or oriental in the sense you might expect from Amouage. It feels like quality, though and like the other attars it will stay with you comfortably for the day. Someone described Al Andalus as being similar to Egoiste Platinum. I don't know this one but I tried it on paper one day and I can see the comparison - at a superficial level, anyway. I wear AA occasionally on a Saturday if I'm going for a stroll . . . green and cheerful.

Homage is in a different league, really. It's my favourite scent and I think the reviews and others comments are there and cover it pretty well. Al Andalus is mentioned in some places as being a component of Homage. This may be the case but I don't recognise it, perhaps it's there way in the back somewhere?

Hope this helps. I would really like to try more of the Amouage attars - it's always interesting to see comments about them from the few here who have access.

Oops, sorry. I misread the thread title. It must be because I've had Al Mas on my mind lately.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thanks for responses so far.

More questions:

What is the situation regarding the shelf-life of attars? Do they endure the passing of time better or worse than alcohol-diluted fragrances?

Didn't there used to be somebody in the marketplace who could obtain attars directly from Oman (presumably cheaper, presumably also the 3ml ones)? Disappointed as I am with other Amouages, and with their snobbish customer service attitude, I'd want to spring out for a small (3ml) Homage or a decant from a reliable source. The PerfumedCourt was just too much for too little, if you know what I mean. If ever the latter (a split) happens again, please keep me on your lists!

Note: If this is against discussion policy in any way, please reply by private message or ask me to edit the message, which I will do promptly.
    Last edited by Addict; 17th July 2010 at 05:42 PM.