Code of Conduct
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default SotD - Saturday the 17th of July

Good morning ladies and gentlemen ...
    Another great synchronized day is over,
    and another succes is in the house!

What to do next friday?! Let your voice be
    heard in 'The Synchronized Fridays'-thread!

Chanel N°5

Eau de Parfum

Default Re: SotD - Saturday the 17th of July

Happy Saturday

Wearing another rose aroma ...one fine woody one! ROSE by Cardin
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Guerlain's Chamade PdT. It's literally two distinct fragrances, one crisp and floral, the other a suave and aphrodisiac delicacy.

Basenotes Institution

Well the resident insomniac is awake... it's 12.15 midnight in California and I am wearing Joy extrait. Not even yawning yet.... harummph !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Well the resident insomniac is awake... it's 12.15 midnight in California and I am wearing Joy extrait. Not even yawning yet.... harummph !
    Et tu, Mimi? I'm still up too- wearing Terracotta Voile D'Ete
    Trying to figure out what vials I possess or already have decanted that I can bring on the Boston trip- where I'm sure the weather will be just so freakin' humid and remind why I moved away from there. Thinking about # 5 Eau Premiere and taking any suggestions!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Thumbs up Re: SotD - Saturday the 17th of July

Vincent Marcello´s the magnificent, fabulous

YATAGAN

CARON
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue.

Notes include Sicilian Citron, Bluebell, Granny Smith Apple, Jasmine Sambac, Bamboo, White Rose, Cedarwood, Amber and Musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

J'adore for me today.

Oh, what a photo of perfume bottles Mr G!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Et tu, Mimi? I'm still up too- wearing Terracotta Voile D'Ete
    Trying to figure out what vials I possess or already have decanted that I can bring on the Boston trip- where I'm sure the weather will be just so freakin' humid and remind why I moved away from there. Thinking about # 5 Eau Premiere and taking any suggestions!
    Darling knit_at_nite - have a great weekend in Boston -I wish I could come and be with you all ! Eau Premiere sounds good !

Dear Mimi and Knit_at_night, I too suffer from insomnia and sympathise
    with you both! I was awake until 2.a.m. last night desperately seeking sleep.
    I shall wear Nirmala to comfort me.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Good morning, Ladies.

Must de Cartier Eau Fine
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Basenotes Plus

Like This by Etat Libre d'Orange and Tilda Swinton.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Candy Perfume Boy, what's Like This smell like? I'm extremely curious, missed a lot here evidently!!

Black XS for me today, such a guilty pleasure that I finally succumbed to - bought a bottle on Thursday, hence breaking my inadvertent 6month no buy :O

Hi fellow insomniacs and everyone else, too, of course!!

I´m in Diesel Fuel for Life today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

With Love... Hilary Duff
    Wishlist is pointless.

Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Hello all. Bas de Soie for me.
    DONNA

I'm wearing some vintage L'Air du Temps parfum this morning. I was craving, literally smelling, this scent last night and couldn't figure out what it was. Finally, I figured it out. I wish this hadn't been reformulated. The vintage bottles don't age well.

Basenotes Plus

At 8 AM the lawn service was cutting my lawn, which, due to the dry weather conditions, did not need a trim. Last week they "trimmed" the new growth of my lilac bush. Must be the summer helpers, they are on auto-ipod.
    When I did get up, I had a nosebleed. I know it was the Clartin I took last night but I wonder if this is all some sort of "sign" that I should just go right back to bed.

Think I'll put on a little bit-o-comfort scent first, Bond Lexington Avenue body cream. (Smells like creme brulee! Very different from the cypressy edp.)
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a number of you need to spend some time with your favorite pillow.

Nothing appeals during this weather except citrus, thus: Bigarade Concentree.

Full house this weekend. Must attend to my surroundings. Adore you all.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Sharing the house with Donna in Serge Lutens Douce Amere

Wishing the sleep-deprived a good night's rest. Insomnia is such a scourge!

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Chypre Rouge - Serge Lutens

JM Blue Agave with 154 layered on top

Dabbed on some La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'Artisan this morning from a sample. Very nice. We will soon see how it layers with Eau de Banana Boat Sport SPF 30 sunblock. Should be interesting smelling tennis in this sweltering heat.

Wishing everybody a great weekend, some good ZZZZZs and sweet dreams seem needed by quite a few.

Good Saturday greetings to everyone.

Wearing Apres l'Ondee in honor of James Cagney's 111th b'day. One of his biographers asked him what his favorite fragrance was. Cagney described something his favorite elementary teacher had worn, and it sounded very close to Apres. I don't think it was, but Cagney loved the smell of heliotrope.

Today I'm giving Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers a test drive. For a going-to-be-hot-as-hell day it's refreshing. I missed out on the Sunflowers of the 90s but this one from what I can smell right now is a pretty basic floral with some melon-aquatic notes, a little "soapy" or "shaving cream"-like note, and a base of white musk. For less than a tenner it's a good, safe, hot-weather scent but not MY usual preference. Maybe it's the power of suggestion behind the name, but the scent does have a "yellow sunshine" effect. (maybe I'd best keep it for the dark days of winter!) It was either Sunflowers or Prada Infusion d'Iris, as I thought that the Prada might be "light enough" for the hot day. Maybe I'll try PIdI later, I haven't worn it since ... forever.

Huggles to you all!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 17th July 2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: forgot summat
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

I'm wearing MAC Africanimal. I'd like to know who the perfumer was on this one- I think it's really good.

Basenotes Institution

The resident insomniac went to sleep finally .... at 2 something am and here I again !

Joy extrait again this morning ! Have a good weekend everyone ! Stay cool !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 17th July 2010 at 03:57 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Candy Perfume Boy, what's Like This smell like? I'm extremely curious, missed a lot here evidently!!

Black XS for me today, such a guilty pleasure that I finally succumbed to - bought a bottle on Thursday, hence breaking my inadvertent 6month no buy :O
    Like sweet Pumpkin and Ginger Pie! It's absolutely gorgeous.

SotE is my new purchase Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Institution

Insomnia is so irritating, isn't it? Thank goodness, I'm saved from having it (my mother has suffered her whole life w/ it), probably because I'm so active and when I get ready to go to bed, I'm just exhausted. Although last night we went dancing and I had a bit too many Diet Cokes and I had trouble getting to sleep too. Slept in til almost noon...what a guilty pleasure.

Today I'm headed to the mall (something I rarely do) so I will wear something light so I can test perfumes there...maybe:

Imperiale Extra Dry (vintage) by Guerlain

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Today I'm giving Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers a test drive.
    I love it ... so nostalgic it hurts!

Scet of the Evening

MISS DIOR CHÈRIE

Eau de Parfum

Wore a bit of Bluebell for walking the dog... now, after shower and brief coma (heat index 106 today!) I'm feeling vertiverish so Encre Noir is helping me revive.

(Didn't post yesterday -- wore AA Angelique Lilas for Guerlain sotd, then Mitsouko for sote. I need to explore the Guerlain house more -- since I'm so fond of the three I've got!)

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday!

Blog Entries

Apres L'Ondee!
    Great idea, Vintage Vogue. A perfect scent for this muggy, hot day.

Smile Re: SotD - Saturday the 17th of July

Today I'm testing Jour de Fete by L'Artisan. I really like it, but it's not lasting very long...I may have to apply the entire 1 ml sample...??

Hello everyone!

What a glorious morning it's been! I'm delighted to be in several generous spritzes from my very own bottle (such a sweet surprise from Tony Fiancé ) of Creed's luxurious Fleurs De Bulgarie, one of the most beautiful rose fragrances I know. Suddenly, I can't even imagine my life without clouds and clouds of this magnificant rose and ambergris perfume.

sophi - You smell gorgeous! I love Rose Cardin, but it's not very popular so I'm very pleased (and quite surprised!) to see someone else enjoying it!

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford

Evangeline,thank you!I really enjoy wearing Rose by Cardin which it's actually a mini gift by a basenoter friend
    I am rose -addicted this week!It got me a rose-scent nostalgia
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD - Saturday the 17th of July

Chanel No.5 Eau Premier.

5th Avenue for me today. To all the insomniacs, I can sympathize. Hope you sleep better tonight.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Damn, leave it to Neil Morris to develop a white-flower-centric scent I ADORE!
    Today for me it's Neil Morris Fragrances Moulin Rouge!

MR notes: Black Tea, gardenia, jasmine sambac, plumeria, rose, musk, wood notes.

Heaven!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

SoTA: Terre d'Hermes... SoTE: Cologne du 68 in all its many-faceted, multi-noted complexity. Both are pretty doggone exceptional hot-weather scents to my nose!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

Damned hot day and more humid than I expected - Carnal Flower for afternoon. Fabulous stuff.

Love Spell....VS
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Basenotes Plus

sote- lilly pulitzer squeeze
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

For me, the last few drops of my travel-sized Sel de Vetiver bottle. Worked perfectly for hula class on this scorching day.

Wishing you all a good night, with all the sleep you need!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caron The Third Man tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

We window-shopped in Greenwich today-- the heat wasn't so intolerable when we could duck into stores often.

We started at Sephora and I bought a roll-on (10 ml, $12) of Pacifica French Lilac perfume for my mother. I don't know why these roll-ons are at Sephora but not on the Pacifica website, but this is not the only oddity: there was another Pacifica scent (spray and solid) that I can't find anywhere online-- I wish I had written the name down. I didn't care for it. If anyone is desperate for the name, call Greenwich, CT Sephora and ask for the names of all the Pacificas they carry. The odd one is in a pink tin (solid) and has orange as one of the top notes.

At Saks, I dabbed on some Kiehl's Grapefruit Essence Oil-- lovely, but wears too close to the skin-- can't smell it unless my nose is right up to it. That doesn't work for me.

I wandered over to the Jo Malones and tried a few of them again, but they do not seem to work for me. They had Red Roses only in the bath oil but it gave me the chance to see if this is the sort of rose note I like-- it isn't!

Then went on to try the new, post-reformulation Eau d'Hadrien. Wow, I knew from reading Turin and Sanchez that this had been badly reformulated due to the IFRA restrictions, but I didn't realize how much worse it was until I sprayed it on and waited for development. Completely nondescript lemony nothingness! This is nothing short of tragic. Honestly, I think AG should have just retired Eau d'Hadrien. If this reformulated version were all I knew of Annick Goutal's fragrances, I probably would not be motivated to try any others.

I tried Creed Les Floralies and was underwhelmed. A nice scent but no love for it.

Then I went on to (re)test the By Killian line of testers (I had tried an number of them last year at Aedes.) I did like the booziness of (Straight to Heaven/ White Cristal) but when the musk emerged, I didn't like it any more. Perhaps I should consider myself lucky that I haven't fallen in love with these expensive fragrances!

Finally I walked over to the Armani Privé scents and smelled Rose Alexandrie. Meh.

Then over to L'Occitane to restest Mimosa de L'Estérel and to bring home another sample; my husband seems to like this one more than Mimosa Pour Moi, but I'm not at all sure it woud be a good idea to buy any more mimosa for myself as I wear it so infrequently. But my mom might like a bottle. Maybe I'll give her the sample and see how she likes it.

Finally hubby tried Labdanum de Séville and liked it a lot-- brought home yet another sample! Oh how I love having my own empty atomizers. Without those, i would almost never get samples.

I guess today was more about elimination of fragrances than of finding new ones to love. But that is useful too!

When we visit Greenwich I love dropping into Betteridge jewelers and drooling over the absolutely stunning pieces that I could probably afford if I sold my house (ha!) This is a store like none other. The estate pieces alone.... always fun to look at!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 18th July 2010 at 02:33 AM.

Goodness 30Roses, you had quite the day.

To all the Rose Cardin lovers, I to am part of the coven. I adore that scent, but because it is so rare I wear it sparingly.

My sotd was Turquoise by CSP, a lond discontinued gem of a scent.

My sote is Sous le Vent, because I missed yesterday's synch. Hopefully I have made amends

Hugs to all
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Today I tried Eau Premiere from a super-sized sample a generous BNer sent me this week.
    I love this one!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

30 Roses, I am glad you had fun, even if you did not find the perfume of your dreams this time.
    Evenstar