Code of Conduct

Exclamation I don't belive it. IT'S BACK !!!!!!!

Today whilst browsing the boredom of a modern mall perfumery I noticed a small box hidden away on the bottom shelf.
    The name on the box took my breath away.
    Before some of you get too excited thinking the likes of PPH I have to disappoint you. Having said that, the perfume in question was probably one of the world's top ten creations ever. A true masterpiece. Certainly one of the best womens perfumes ever created and sadly discontinued many years ago. Yes it's a womens perfume, but of such opulence and luxuriousness that once tried no man could resist wearing it.
    Interestingly, the company that has reintroduced this gem has presented the opportunity to purchase an elegant 10ml edp purse spray, for 9 euro.
    Okay, there is a downside to this story. The drawing board has obviously decided that this most classic gem had to be "reinterpreted".
    And the reinterpetation does not come close to the original. Is a mere shadow.
    Having said that I find this offering miles ahead of the other stuff being put out right now. I have only had one wearing and one spray on a test strip so it's early days, suffice to say that this new mixture is, (in its edp) form much lighter, thinner, with a fruitier vibe and perhaps the merest hint of some booze and something tropical. Also, the newer version is much more wearable for a man. If I were asked to comare it to another fragrance I would say, (reluctantly at this stage) a weaker, fruitier Sable.
    ........and without further ado the name of the original masterpiece, Zibeline.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: I don't belive it. IT'S BACK !!!!!!!

Nice account. Where did you get it?

Thank you for the update! This is from Parfums Weil, if I recall.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

At least you didn't say it was pure malt.

Better love story than Titanic.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Basenotes Plus

*sigh* Another victim of reformulation, with a bargain basement price tag to boot. Can it get any more tragic?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    *sigh* Another victim of reformulation, with a bargain basement price tag to boot. Can it get any more tragic?
    Yes. It can: He buys the frag, then freezes to death in the ocean.

no ... way. good thing an ounce of the original oil lasts a lifetime.
    Last edited by stuigi; 11th November 2012 at 02:32 PM.
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Nice account. Where did you get it?
    I got it from a french chain called Passionbeauté. They have a website www.passionbeauté,fr

- - - Updated - - -

After a second wearing I'm even less impressed.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I have looked up the reviews for this and purplebird7's review is spot on for the reformulated version of Zibeline. I assume she is reviewing the new reformulated version because the review date is 29th December 2011.
    She describes it as heliotrope / scented tobacco / cherry almond / almond extract, (albeit weakened).......
    This is a perfect description of the new stuff. I would also add honey tobacco to the list.
    After the second wearing I have serious issues with this new version. The biggest problem is that it is soooo watered down, making it smell somehow very cheap and drugstorish. It's labled "eau de parfum".......just not good enough Weil !!!
    It's so watery and so far removed from the original genious that it should have been given a different name........(how many times have we heard that lately.......)
    Thanks for building up our hopes Weil.......
    Last edited by david; 11th November 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    better love story than titanic.
    lol!

Let me say some time ago I found a vintage bottle of Secret de Venus, by Weil. I bought it for an acquaintance... marvellous blend I regret not having bought it for me.