Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Montale- How to determine how much is left

Thinking of selling my Montale Red Vetyver. I got it with the extra concentration, but since it had no auod, I am guessing that meant that it had just extra juice. So, curious how much in ounces does a new 100ml bottle weigh. That way, I can weigh mine and can tell a buyer that it has so much percentage of a new bottle. I dont have anything to decant to measure and dont want to contaminate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Montale- How to determine how much is left

I think you'll need two figures: weight of a full bottle, weight of an empty bottle. Then you can calculate the volume of your juice based on the weight of your bottle. I think it's safe to assume the differences between scents and concentrations are negligible, so the full-bottle weight can come from any full 100 ml Montale bottle. I can't provide either of these figures, however...
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    I got it with the extra concentration, but since it had no auod, I am guessing that meant that it had just extra juice.
    I believe extra concentration means they add more perfume/fragrance oil of that particular fragrance. They don't actually offer/add extra concentration of aoud oil by itself.
    Last edited by MFJ; 19th July 2010 at 03:42 AM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Montale bottles are metal, right? The temperature of the bottle above the fluid line should be higher than the temperature below the fluid line, because the part above the fluid line is in equilibrium with the ambient air.

This principle is behind the inexpensive propane tank gauges they sell that show how full a tank is by measuring where the change in temperature is on the outside of the tank. Here is one on eBay as an example:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Propane-Tank-Gau.../370400327830?

Even if you don't have that, or any other liquid crystal thermometer strip (aka forehead temperature strip) you may be able to tell where the fill line is by lightly resting your lips on the outside of the bottle. Lips are very sensitive to minor temperature differences. (Nature designed this to prevent us from burning our mouths while eating/drinking.) I just tried this with tap water in a metal flask and I could easily tell where the fill line was that way.

Post Thanks / Like

The best way I know is to buy a small mini angled measuring cup, clean and dry it thoroughly (let it dry for at least 24 hours or so), and pour the juice into it. The Montale bottles already have a lot of air in them, so that little bit of exposure won't hurt.

Ideally it's good to transfer most Montale juices into new bottles and top them off so there is no air inside. I care a lot more about preserving the juice than keeping it in the original bottle.

There are good bottles here:

www.accessoriesforfragrances.com
    Last edited by pluran; 19th July 2010 at 04:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Decant into a separate container for the best measurement. Or refrigerate for a bit then set it out on the counter. You should see condensation rather quickly but only up to the liquid level on the inside, similar to a partially empty can of soda/pop/sodapop/cola left out on a hot day.
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 19th July 2010 at 06:40 AM.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")