Code of Conduct

Angry Received a fake fragrance...

Just wanted to let you know about what I think is simply an unacceptable situation.

I live in Canada, and to my knowledge, it's practically impossible to find YSL Rive Gauche pour homme anywhere (online or in stores). Since I really like this fragrance, I ordered a bottle from Fragrance.net and received what is evidently a fake; bottle was scratched and top was bent. Anyways, I can live with that, only cosmetic problems; it's the scent that's important, right ?

So, next step, I do an A/B test with my trusted Perfumed Court sample (high prices but at least, genuine fragrances). Oh boy... it's miles apart from each other; the Fragrance.net version smells like some cheap watered down stuff, even not close to the original... oh well, live and learn, do not buy from this store. The funny thing is, they offer a refund, but it comes with a 20% restocking fee if the package is opened, duh ! How am I supposed to know your selling me fakes if I don't smell the stuff ?

Anyways, stay away from them !

Now, if anybody knows where I could get legit RG pour homme (online or retail) and shipped to or from Canada, please let me know.

Thanks !

Default Re: Received a fake fragrance...

Sorry to read about this situation.

A few things, however

You say :
    I live in Canada, and to my knowledge, it's practically impossible to find YSL Rive Gauche pour homme anywhere (online or in stores).
    Well, you have not been looking hard enough. YSL Rive Gauche pour homme is found in every small fragrance shop or kiosk I have been to. As well, Sears was getting rid of the 125ml bottles last year for $25. Maybe you missed out. But nevertheless, you can easily find this fragrance.

Also, YSL Rive Gauche pour homme is online at Enchante Perfumes. Check them out. They are out of Toronto.

Good luck. Let us know how things worked out.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Thanks for the info, I did find Rive Gauche at Enchante Perfumes, but since getting burned at Fragrance.net, I'm a bit weary about online purchasing. Have you ever ordered from them ? As for small fragrance shops here and there, I shall be on the lookout; they just look like shady businesses sometimes...

Anyways, I live in Montreal and YSL Rive Gauche is still a pretty hard fragrance to find. Not sold at Holt Renfrew or Ogilvy, neither at Sears (not anymore) or The Bay; the lady working at The Bay even told me that Rive Gauche was a feminine perfume only, never heard of Rive Gauche pour homme, lol.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley88 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I did find Rive Gauche at Enchante Perfumes, but since getting burned at Fragrance.net, I'm a bit weary about online purchasing. Have you ever ordered from them ? As for small fragrance shops here and there, I shall be on the lookout; they just look like shady businesses sometimes...

Anyways, I live in Montreal and YSL Rive Gauche is still a pretty hard fragrance to find. Not sold at Holt Renfrew or Ogilvy, neither at Sears (not anymore) or The Bay; the lady working at The Bay even told me that Rive Gauche was a feminine perfume only, never heard of Rive Gauche pour homme, lol.

Thanks again
    Hey again,

Yeah, don't worry about The Bay's SA. They usually answer that way when they are unaware.

I have indeed ordered from Enchante Perfumes and has very good results. I even ordered some older scents and they smelled perfect. So I am also confident that I will be getting proper juice. And not juice that has gone spoiled. Shipping price is reasonable as well.

But also check out the kiosks and smaller shops. They should have them.

Bon chance
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

You can find Rive Gauche at Walmart for about $25 for the 100ml bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    You can find Rive Gauche at Walmart for about $25 for the 100ml bottle.
    Are they still selling it at that price ? As well, what else did you see at Walmart ( any other YSL's) ?

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Kingley88,
    Having read other comments about them, it seems like FragranceNet's problem is damaged juice/bottle/packaging due to poor storage rather than fakes. I don't think RG is something anyone would want to fake but it's good to have this warning. I've been staying away from FN due to these complaints.

Blog Entries

Beware also, if you take advantage of their 10% discount at the time of ordering, you are automatically signing up for a 'coupon' club that withdraws about $15 out of your bank account every month!!! You must call the number to cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Beware also, if you take advantage of their 10% discount at the time of ordering, you are automatically signing up for a 'coupon' club that withdraws about $15 out of your bank account every month!!! You must call the number to cancel it.
    How do they withdraw money from a bank account if you used a credit card for payment? I've never seen any unusual deductions from my account.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Yikes, that is shaddy ! Thanks for the heads up Kumquat.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

They charge it to your credit card. When you ask about it they say you agreed to it when you signed up, by pushing that button you are signing up for a coupon club. You will be 'entitled' to coupons or discounts which you actually pay for up front.

When I go to the site I see a pop-up option for a discount, and another option that is on the right side for a coupon club. In any event, whether they slip the auto-deduction agreement into either or both options, the practice is IMO, shady. Fragrancenet has historically enjoyed a pretty good reputation here but I've noticed that recently the comments about them aren't nearly as positive. I think from now on I'll be avoiding them.
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Are they still selling it at that price ? As well, what else did you see at Walmart ( any other YSL's) ?
    Yes, I was there last night and they still have Rive Gauche for $25. They also have YSL Opium Pour Homme for $30 for the 100ml bottle.

I got a 100ml bottle of Dior Homme there for $60 (it was a clearance item), but for the most part they don't have particularly stellar prices.

I can usually find better values on the "bargain" shelf at Shoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    Yes, I was there last night and they still have Rive Gauche for $25. They also have YSL Opium Pour Homme for $30 for the 100ml bottle.

I got a 100ml bottle of Dior Homme there for $60 (it was a clearance item), but for the most part they don't have particularly stellar prices.

I can usually find better values on the "bargain" shelf at Shoppers.
    Thanks for that reply.

You certainly got the Dior Homme for a good price ! I wish Opium PH would work for me, but it just doesn't. $30 is a very good price for that as well.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Follow-up on the matter... To be fair, I have to say that FragranceNet gave me a refund after I complained to them and threatened to use the Paypal Resolution Center (payed with Paypal, yipi !); they didn't even ask me to return the merchandise. I now have a lovely Rive Gauche bottle that I can use as a paper weight Anyway, a website that tries to scam you with a fraudulent discount procedure, enough said...

As for my local Wal-Mart, never saw Rive Gauche there, but I'm gonna try different stores, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by pigasus27 View Post
    How do they withdraw money from a bank account if you used a credit card for payment? I've never seen any unusual deductions from my account.
    Basically you click on a link that looks like an innocuous coupon off your next purchase. Instead, clicking on the link automatically signs you up to a third-party "coupon club" (or some other nonexistent service from which you will never, ever benefit), and your e-mail address and credit card info is forwarded to that club. You receive an e-mail that tells you that you've signed up for a "club membership" of sorts. The bit about you having agreed to have your credit card docked each month is in fine print at the bottom of the e-mail. You actually have to go to their site to cancel.

FragranceNet is not the only online retailer that engages in the shady practice of forwarding your credit card info to scam operators. TigerDirect does the exact same thing. So if you're shopping online be sure to check your credit card statements each month and don't be afraid to call your credit card company to have the charges reversed. In most provinces and states this sort of negative-option charging of your credit card is strictly illegal.

I don't like bringing up an old, dead topic, but does FragranceX pull any shady deals such as the one that FragranceNet pulls off? I know you can use the Code-Word "FREE" to get worldwide free shipping...that wouldn't cause me any problems would it?

I purchased from them once and again just this weekend. They are legit - no problems.