Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Ode to Scent; Thoughts of My Fascination with The Art of Fragrance.

Perfume is an amazing phenomenon really, difficult to precisely understand or describe. One does not just smell a scent, but rather experiences it in the olfactory colors that it paints of the familiar and the exotic, cool or warm, soft or sharp, bitter or sweet. Scent mixes with the experiences of our lives, special moments that floods our minds, of memories, and sometimes creates whole new memories recorded in the vessel of our souls. So involved now in the picture; realistic and sometimes abstract. There are reminders of great joy and profound sadness; all these are the aspects of the totality of life through the senses; sight, touch, and scent, vehicles of awareness all. In youth one is invincible and immortal and in age one knows better of the folly of youth. There is something eternal in scent, my journey of discovery begun.

Written by N_Tesla while under the influence of, dare I say it?, Mitsouko.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 19th July 2010 at 05:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ode to Scent; Thoughts of My Fascination with The Art of Fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Perfume is an amazing phenomenon really, difficult to precisely understand or describe. One does not just smell a scent, but rather experiences it in the olfactory colors that it paints of the familiar and the exotic, cool or warm, soft or sharp, bitter or sweet. Scent mixes with the experiences of our lives, special moments that floods our minds, of memories, and sometimes creates whole new memories recorded in the vessel of our souls. So involved now in the picture; realistic and sometimes abstract. There are reminders of great joy and profound sadness; all these are the aspects of the totality of life through the senses; sight, touch, and scent, vehicles of awareness all. In youth one is invincible and immortal and in age one knows better of the folly of youth. There is something eternal in scent, my journey of discovery begun.

Written by N_Tesla while under the influence of, dare I say it?, Mitsouko.
    Very cool stuff. The third sentence is particularly profound in ways both artistic and scientific. Not to mention the finale, with which I agree completely. Thanks for sharing these deepest thoughts with us.