Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Best Tauer EXCEPT l'AdDM

Hey, I'm right on the edge of pulling the trigger on Incense Rose and Incense Extreme and I am wondering which of Tauers creations other than the widely approved (personal favourite of mine,) l'Air du Desert Marocain elate you.

Lonestar Memories is another one that fascinates me.
    Dry, dark and dusty it reminds me of an old, forgotten library with books of parchment incorporated in leather.

I think I will have to reexamine this house and would love tohear some input.

Default Best Tauer EXCEPT l'AdDM

Lonestar is easily my favourite, and Incense Extreme is probably next in line. I think that Tauer's work, when taken as a whole, is absolutely tremendous. A 'showcase review' of the entire range will appear on my blog in the next few weeks.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

Default Re: Best Tauer EXCEPT l'AdDM

Incense Extreme & Lonestar Memories are both good but I'd rather own CdG Avignon & Patchouli 24...same scent categories but better fragrances overall.

Incense Rose is a love or hate scent. The rose note can get a bit tangy though if worn in cool weather it blooms quite nicely.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 19th July 2010 at 07:18 AM.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Incense Rose

I am anxiosuly waiting to try the new one: Carillon Pour Un Ange
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Une Rose Chyprée. If it had more projection and the clementine opening was replaced by something more complimentary to the drydown, it would have been a perfect creation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Really? I find Une Rose Chypree extraordinary radiating.
    If it wasnt for the yet too exorbitant €/ml rate I would order it right away along with Incense Rose.

@petruccijc: Do you have a link with further information on this one?

Sorry, found it.
    Last edited by timaru; 19th July 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Tauer? Oh, that's easy - Orris. It's brilliant. Best thing he's ever done in my opinion, and it's a shame he discontinued it.

Given his stated reason for discontinuation was the cost to produce it, I hold on to a small hope that Orris may some day be released in the small-bottle high-price "Homage" series, joining Une Rose Chypree and the new Carillon Pour Un Ange.

Speaking of which, Une Rose Chypree is my second favorite after Orris. I agree with Trebor's comments, though, and its longevity issues are what put me off owning it. Beautiful fragrance, though.

Other than those two there's not much I can imagine owning in the Tauer line. I don't like either of the incenses at all. Lonestar is just gross. L'Air I just don't like as much as I thought I would; too sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Une Rose Chypree is my favorite with L'AdDM coming in second to it. I'm very interested in trying his new Carillon Pour un Ange and Une Rose Vermeille.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry people, but this is it?
    There's got to be more Tauer fans out there, not only for the brave, favourite contendor...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bump. just wanna share some thoughts.

I wanted to let you know I finally got the Incense rose, actually the first niche I paid full retail in store for.

Great stuff, fizzy, tangy rose backed up with a great heavy incense.

Just wow and one of my first thouroughly pleasurable rose scents (damn i wanna smell that rose 31 ).

I suspect I'm anything but done with this house, especially with the cooler weather coming up, IMO thats when Tuaers heavy busters are most appropriate.
    I'm actually scared I might fall for Une Rose Chypree entirely sooner rather than later. From then on the nasomattos ml/€ rate wiouldnt be far :S
    Smellin good

Incense rosé
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

the two incenses, rose and extreme (diacritics notwithstanding) are works of art. IR was the culmination of my own personal quest for rose holy grail, and every single time I wear it I fall completely in love, all over again. ditto to IE.

Orange Star is amazing, but to me is a bit of riff on IR. I own it, though, and don't think twice about the purchase.

personally, the only Tauer I don't like, and I've tried them all, is Reverie au Jardin. just didn't work on me, in a BIG way.

so, to answer the question, I'd say that an absolute must-have is Incense Rose. But, clearly there is a very mixed perspective on it. However, isn't that always the case with great works of art?