Code of Conduct

Default Hermes Equipage question

Hi guys!

Iīve just noticed, that thereīs not only the old splash-bottle and the newest incarnation of Equipage, but also a bottle with a large red cap (25ml/.8 fl oz).

How old is such a bottle and how does it compare to the other ones in smell? Something worth hunting down, if the price is right or would you buy the latest version instead?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Hermes Equipage question

Anything but the current version in the "lantern" bottle would be better although the current formula is decent but clearly inferior.
    Splash-on or spray bottles with the larger irregularly shaped caps are good. These can be in a box covered in the Hermes H (oldest) or with a picture of a kayak. The current box has a horse and carriage larger picture in a watermark sort of way.

I did not know Hermes changed the Equipage formula. Can anyone confirm? I have the new version and quite like it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I like the new Equipage.

I know they did a reformulation for Amazone with the new, more modern bottle, sad to say.

The current boxes on all of the Hermes scents show the carriage and the boy-groom, a reference to the time in the 1830s when Hermes was a Parisian harness and tack maker to the wealthy and aristocratic of Europe. Actually, I like this logo.
    Last edited by Primrose; 19th July 2010 at 04:34 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

dannyboy, yes that's vintage Equipage.

LiveJazz, yes it's been reformulated. The vintage juice is a bit more grimy, if that makes sense. Colder, if you will. The new is a bit more sparkling. Very close, but there is a difference.

I have both versions and prefer the new version as it projects and lasts longer. The clove and rosewood are pumped up more. The old one, while still really good, reminds me of Halston Z-14 which is a good thing in my perfume book.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Hi!

Ok, I finally decided that itīs more important to replace some stuff I miss before I buy backups, BUT...

... I had found vintage Equipage (like in the picture I linked above) on Ebay Germany. 19,99€+shipping for 25ml. Not bad. In the article description is a reference number, that is found on the box and, being the skeptical person I am, I contacted the Hermes customer support. They replied, that they canīt find such a number in their system?!!!

Is the bottle too old, so that itīs not in the system, or what?

Any thoughts? Just to prevent people from buying something they donīt want.

If thereīs nothing wrong with it, this is a pretty good deal, if someone is interested, I guess.

dannyboy, there's no picture link...I don't see it at all.

The link from the 19th of July. Thatīs how the bottle on ebay.de looks like.