Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 103
  1. #1

    Default A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    1) Gay men: Which fragrances do you think smell the sexiest on other men?

    2) Straight men: In your opinion, which fragrances make you smell the sexiest?

    3) Bisexual men: Answer both of the above.

  2. #2

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Other guys I like Eternity , Musc Ravaguer or just good old fashioned clean

    .... bisexual men , dont even get me started on that ole chestnut - rolls eyes to the heavens

  3. #3

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I used to think Rive Gauche was the sexiest. But then the most "unsexy" person in the world started wearing it and I've completely gone off it. So now the fragrance I've found sexiest (recently) turned out to be Dolce & Gabanna The One for men, which shocked me as I find it completely boring on! I don't think I have an ultimate 'sexiest' scent that I've smelled on a man, but Versace Crystal Noir AND Dior Addict should be worn by more men IMO. They are damn seductive.
    Anything citrus is a turn off though.

  4. #4

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I'm not sure I believe in the legitimacy of these three categories and I don't make a distinction between what smells sexy on me vs. what smells sexy on other men. There are body chemistry issues which cause many fragrances to smell different on different people, but I doubt those have anything to do with "sexual orientation." It'll be interesting to see what others think.

  5. #5

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Really doesn't affect me one way or another, in terms of base attraction. That being said, I'd appreciate anyone wearing a fragrance I enjoyed smelling.

    I'm sorry to say, the kind of fragrances the average guy wears just aren't that interesting me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    i think tobacco vanille or tuscan leather make me feel and smell the sexiest, among others, i got many sexy colgones.

  7. #7

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I was hit on by a very cute guy the other day while wearing Pi. But to me Pi is not one of those scents I feel sexy wearing. I'm at my sexiest state of mind when I wear Body Kouros or Alien.
    By the way, I'm not bi.

  8. #8

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I'm str8.

    Royal Water by Creed
    Jubilation XXV by Amouage
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

  9. #9

    Thumbs up Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Jean Patou's JOY on a woman drives me crazy....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  10. #10

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I actually enjoy smelling a crisp Eau de Cologne or bright citrus scent on men.
    In the evening, I think leather based scents are nice on men...Cuiron and Tuscan Leather especially.

  11. #11
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    My partner likes and wears Egoiste. I think it smells fantastic on him.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  12. #12
    Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,348

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    If anyone finds me 'sexy' I can assure you it has nothing to do with the fragrance I'm wearing. But personally I think more men should wear orientals and chypres... enough with the 'sport whatchamacallits'!

  13. #13

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    The notion that perfume is an enhancer of sexual gravitation must be the biggest fallacy in our world of scent.
    Leave that to the hordes that follow the marketeers in a world of ignorance.

    In reality, it works the other way round--if you love a person (the gay/bisexual/straight parameters do not apply here, as this fact applies to us all irrespective of our sexual orientation), you'll probably begin to accept their scent, even if you never liked it in the first place.

    What I'm trying to say is: you might love a scent because of a person, but the scent will never enhance your attraction to them, or theirs to you. Scent appreciation has to do with many things, such as nostalgia, trying to relive a past moment, genuine inclination to the smell of that scent, etc...

    If you hate Yatagan, for instance, and you happen to have a sudden crush on a guy, him wearing Yatagan will not drive you away from him. In fact, you are likely to develop an appreciation for Yatagan with time passage. It's that simple.

  14. #14

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    "Paco Rabanne pour Homme -- it is up to you to make it unforgettable"

  15. #15
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    As I've said in another thread; I have fond memories
    of a man in Givenchy's PI, but I guess, that most frags
    can be sexy, on the right man.

  16. #16

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    In reality, it works the other way round--if you love a person (the gay/bisexual/straight parameters do not apply here, as this fact applies to us all irrespective of our sexual orientation), you'll probably begin to accept their scent, even if you never liked it in the first place.
    This

  17. #17

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    i've seen someone love a scent before they ever saw the person connected to it. for example, my aunt has always liked cops and carpenters. men with lots of chissimo ala jean paul belmondo. she visited me one day and was wondering what smelled so good. then enters my driver fresh from his mourning routine of trimming his moustache and splashing on some cologne. he smelled fougerish/ brutish but mind you brut is expensive in my country since nobody produces it locally so it is an imported good. it would have to have been something even cheaper or more local. ah chissimo! i don't know it's like the chicken and the egg to me.

  18. #18

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I know this isn't a direct answer to the OP's question, but regarding smelliing sexy, for some reason the most un-sexy thing (IMO) is somebody that's blatantly trying to smell sexy. People aren't sexy because of how they smell or what they wear (necessarily) - sexy comes from inside - from the soul. It's definitely nice when somebody cares enough about their hygeine, etc... to put on a nice fragrance (subtlely) but as far as putting on a fragrance that's going to make you sexy - not gonna happen. Okay, somebody else can have the soapbox now...

  19. #19

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    My Wife would be better at giving an answer to this question.....Gary

  20. #20

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Hi everyone. Long-time fragrance lover. First time ranter.

    The nature of this question is, most likely without intending to be so, a tad bit homophobic, much in the same way the idea of gendering fragrances reinforces sexism. Orientation has nothing to do with olfactive preference. Zip. Zilch. And digging for a connection between the two is a marketer looking for a quick answer to a far more complicated question.

    Fragrance probably has more to do with the way in which we engage in social relationships than it does with singular interactions (health and hygiene excluded of course). But once you move away from the holistic side of fragrance, into the more ritualistic, sense-memory side, you start to realize that any particular person's attraction or repulsion to particular notes is in itself a testament to thousands of cultural influencers, compounded in a particular second in time. For example, if you and I as kids had a killer day while selling lemonade, your mom washed the house in lemon scented cleaner, and you later in life started sipping cocktails with a wedge of lemon in it, you're most likely going to find the scent reminiscent of happiness and purity, as well as revelry. When these things become cultural staples, we inadvertently train those unfamiliar with the scent to act or fill in the way we have learned from our own past experiences. Think about the way we pass along language. Though, an individual trauma or negative response can override this. It's that whole notion that scent is connected to our fight/flight mechanism in the brain.

    If you are instead asking how to get any of this particular groups to be an advocate for your scent, start by paying attention to their lives. Listen to their stories. See what is affecting them today, and use the power of olfaction and authentic brand messaging to tie it in with past relate-able experiences. Use that earlier idea I had mentioned about language to stitch them back in.

    But please, stop encouraging the flattening and oversimplification of fragrance, which has been so solidly tied to all areas of human existence since man grew a nose. It has been there in love and war, sex and death, friendship and love, health and spirituality... if it were ever that simple to understand, would civilization after civilization have adopted it as a key aspects in temples and the description of their ideas of the divine?

    I know it gets lost in the constant onslaught of mass-market drivel that is continuously pumped out into the market, but do we really still need to ask the gender and orientation question about fragrance?

  21. #21

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Straight male here, so I only know what is sexy on me from female responses:

    Girls like on me...

    Aqua di Gio
    Herrera for Men
    Original Vetiver (Creed)
    Millesime Imperial
    Silver Mountain Water
    Happy
    Egoiste Platinum
    New Haarlem

  22. #22

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by xavier1145 View Post
    Hi everyone. Long-time fragrance lover. First time ranter....yada, yada, yada..
    It was a simple question. I think you're over thinking this.

  23. #23

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I got compliments for Heritage :P the current formulation. Not even egoiste manage to get that hehe

  24. #24

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by xavier1145 View Post
    Hi everyone. Long-time fragrance lover. First time ranter.

    The nature of this question is, most likely without intending to be so, a tad bit homophobic, much in the same way the idea of gendering fragrances reinforces sexism. Orientation has nothing to do with olfactive preference. Zip. Zilch. And digging for a connection between the two is a marketer looking for a quick answer to a far more complicated question.

    Fragrance probably has more to do with the way in which we engage in social relationships than it does with singular interactions (health and hygiene excluded of course). But once you move away from the holistic side of fragrance, into the more ritualistic, sense-memory side, you start to realize that any particular person's attraction or repulsion to particular notes is in itself a testament to thousands of cultural influencers, compounded in a particular second in time. For example, if you and I as kids had a killer day while selling lemonade, your mom washed the house in lemon scented cleaner, and you later in life started sipping cocktails with a wedge of lemon in it, you're most likely going to find the scent reminiscent of happiness and purity, as well as revelry. When these things become cultural staples, we inadvertently train those unfamiliar with the scent to act or fill in the way we have learned from our own past experiences. Think about the way we pass along language. Though, an individual trauma or negative response can override this. It's that whole notion that scent is connected to our fight/flight mechanism in the brain.

    If you are instead asking how to get any of this particular groups to be an advocate for your scent, start by paying attention to their lives. Listen to their stories. See what is affecting them today, and use the power of olfaction and authentic brand messaging to tie it in with past relate-able experiences. Use that earlier idea I had mentioned about language to stitch them back in.

    But please, stop encouraging the flattening and oversimplification of fragrance, which has been so solidly tied to all areas of human existence since man grew a nose. It has been there in love and war, sex and death, friendship and love, health and spirituality... if it were ever that simple to understand, would civilization after civilization have adopted it as a key aspects in temples and the description of their ideas of the divine?

    I know it gets lost in the constant onslaught of mass-market drivel that is continuously pumped out into the market, but do we really still need to ask the gender and orientation question about fragrance?
    Wow, take it easy man!

    I personally think threads like this are very entertaining and sometimes even informative cuz I do think sexual orientations and genders do effect one's attraction.

  25. #25

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    It was a simple question. I think you're over thinking this.
    I don't agree. I don't think he's over-thinking, I think he's just thinking. And it wasn't a simple question at all. There are two questions that are distinctly different from each other, one posed to "gay" men and one to "straight" men, followed by a third direction for "bisexual" men to combine the two. Lots of interesting assumptions here one could unpack for analysis. Not simple at all. I'd also like to add that I think it's fine for threads to go in serious and light-hearted directions at the same time. I don't think it hurts either aspect; it simply expands the discussion.

  26. #26

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I used to go out with someone who wore Habit Rouge , and it was a real turn off ! We didn't last very long , I think the fragrance had a large part in that decision too !

  27. #27

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Let's not turn this into a debate about gender and sexuality, thanks
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

  28. #28

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Christian Dior Dune for Men, Burberry Touch for Men (still my leading compliment-getter), and M7 all make me feel extremely sexy. Dune is more a daily-wear scent, but it is classier than the modern citrus or aquatic daily-wear fragrances. Touch and M7 make me feel like I can walk into any room naked and the only thing people would ask themselves is, "What is that fragrance he's wearing??"

  29. #29

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Musc Koulai Khan is crazy sexy on a man, and in a differnt vein A la Nuit. Worn with confidence, it a huge turn on.

  30. #30
    Basenotes Plus

    JaimeB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    5,410
    Blog Entries
    140

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    The notion that perfume is an enhancer of sexual gravitation must be the biggest fallacy in our world of scent.
    Leave that to the hordes that follow the marketeers in a world of ignorance.

    In reality, it works the other way round--if you love a person (the gay/bisexual/straight parameters do not apply here, as this fact applies to us all irrespective of our sexual orientation), you'll probably begin to accept their scent, even if you never liked it in the first place.

    What I'm trying to say is: you might love a scent because of a person, but the scent will never enhance your attraction to them, or theirs to you. Scent appreciation has to do with many things, such as nostalgia, trying to relive a past moment, genuine inclination to the smell of that scent, etc...

    If you hate Yatagan, for instance, and you happen to have a sudden crush on a guy, him wearing Yatagan will not drive you away from him. In fact, you are likely to develop an appreciation for Yatagan with time passage. It's that simple.
    You're right on, Killer! I never liked Habit Rouge very much until I smelled it on my innamorato. Now I like it enough to wear it myself on occasion.

    Our little joke is that he wears nothing but Habit Rouge, whereas I have an extensive collection, most of which he emphatically doesn't like. It never seemed to keep him from warming up to me, though! I guess there must be something else... Gee, I wonder what it could be?
    Yr good bud,

    JaimeB

    "Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

    My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

    Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

    Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

    Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

    Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

    —Seneca

  31. #31
    Basenotes Plus

    JaimeB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    5,410
    Blog Entries
    140

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I don't agree. I don't think he's over-thinking, I think he's just thinking. And it wasn't a simple question at all. There are two questions that are distinctly different from each other, one posed to "gay" men and one to "straight" men, followed by a third direction for "bisexual" men to combine the two. Lots of interesting assumptions here one could unpack for analysis. Not simple at all. I'd also like to add that I think it's fine for threads to go in serious and light-hearted directions at the same time. I don't think it hurts either aspect; it simply expands the discussion.
    Yeah, what he said!
    Yr good bud,

    JaimeB

    "Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

    My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

    Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

    Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

    Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

    Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

    —Seneca

  32. #32

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I am bi.. so

    When I mix Chanel Egoiste and Guerlain L'instant Extreme together - I get the most reaction from others and that makes me feel sexy.

    I live in Nashville, so anything outside of the normal dept store stuff catches my attention. From the DJ booth, I smelled something intoxicating from someone right below me. Walked up to him and he said he just sprayed some Musc Ravageur in the men's room from a travel spray. That has been on my maybe list for a while and I think it will now be my next purchase.

  33. #33

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Fragrance choice among groups is likely to have a more of a memetic factor and not a genetic factor.

    Imagine an undiscovered island of people. Imagine an inhabitant picks up an as-of-yet unknown, somewhat pleasing, fragrant root and starts rubbing it all over themselves. They have romantic relations with another islander, as is custom and normal. When they "break-up" the other partner is left with the association of the fragrant root. Soon, this particular fragrance becomes more popular than even the bottle of Aqua di Gio that washes up on shore one day...

    My point is, analyses of groups will likely produce conclusive data patterns, be it buying habits or even thoughts and opinions. Professionals involved in demographics and politics know this. It isn't a big deal and my intuition says that the differences in this case would probably be only slight shifts of the bell curve, most likely with memetic related causality.

  34. #34

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    I'm str8.

    Royal Water by Creed
    Really? does anyone else think Royal Water is a sexy frag?

  35. #35

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I know I'll get sh*t for this, but Creed Aventus is by far the most alluring, sexy fragrance that they have ever put out. I think that, and I've been told that.

    GIT and Windsor have also gotten me a lot of lady-love.

  36. #36

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    You're right on, Killer! I never liked Habit Rouge very much until I smelled it on my innamorato. Now I like it enough to wear it myself on occasion.

    Our little joke is that he wears nothing but Habit Rouge, whereas I have an extensive collection, most of which he emphatically doesn't like. It never seemed to keep him from warming up to me, though! I guess there must be something else... Gee, I wonder what it could be?
    JaimeB...I love that word...so underused these days...innamorato...I also like "paramour." LOL!

    Actually, I don't see how perfume preference can have any bearing on sexual preference. It's like asking straight, gay or bi people about their preferences in liquors, wines and Champagnes...

    Really, now...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Let's not turn this into a debate about gender and sexuality, thanks
    Thank you to the mods for keeping an eye on this thread.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  37. #37

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I'm straight
    I feel fahrenheit is still what makes me feel more aligned to my perceived image of myself.

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rock Hill SC, Near Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I love Sand & Sable on a woman. My Mama wears Mitsouko which is very mature and matronly on her. I have'nt payed any 'tention to guys. I take that back. If I smell something I like on a man, I usually want the scent for myself. Most guys around here wears stuff that's too "newsprint-y" and common. Same with most chicks, too. All cucumbers and pears, or something biddy-boppy, teensy-weensy, air-head-ish, with no soul or depth.

  39. #39

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I am straight and i would stop anyone in their tracks - man, woman or child if I smelled something enjoyable......that hasnt happened in a loooooong time.

    on myself.... Musc Ravageur used to make me feel like im walking out shirtless...

    I like Cuba Gold or GIT for daily feeling of moderate "sexiness".

  40. #40

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I am 100% straight and I feel like walking sex while wearing Body Kouros.

    It is so rare to smell fragrances on men here that I like and appreciate almost anything. Anyway, it really depends on overall impression. I sprayed my best friend with Le Male and it smelled soo sexy (but he is attractive for women anyway) so maybe that..
    TOP 5 hot weather:

    1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

    TOP 5 cold weather:

    1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

  41. #41

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Based on strictly female input, most of my female acquaintances made me feel, if not more sexy, but more confident, more socially adjusted and more fun-loving, outgoing while wearing some of the generic gourmands like Envy for men, although in some very rare and unlikely cases I got complimented for very classic, conservative, un-sexy frags too (but then again, what is sexy or not, I guess it is all so personal and subjective, no general rules apply)

    I also got compliments from both women and, oddly, from straight men (yap, I was pretty sure about that since they were either married or with gf) for wearing Dior Homme- yes, it really is a universally and timelessly sexy frag, so I can understand its appeal with all genders and orientations

    Coming closer to my own preferences... classic female frags on a lady drive me crazy, so much so that if the right female wearer puts on the right classic of the likes of good ole No. 5, Insolence or Miss Dior, it might become serious, it might even lead to more than just the right chemistry, namely even falling in love.

  42. #42

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    1) Pink juice / bottled fragrances

    2) Blue juice / bottled fragrances

    3) Both of the above

  43. #43

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    1) Pink juice / bottled fragrances

    2) Blue juice / bottled fragrances
    Exactly. When I'm trying to pick up bisexual men I'll often layer a blue fragrance and a pink one.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

  44. #44

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I have got MANY compliments when wearing Gucci Envy! Actually more men have stopped me & asked what I was wearing than women! It makes me feel good to know what im wearing sparks interest in others to @ least start a conversation with me!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

  45. #45

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    The usual caveats: it's not about the scent, it's about you; attraction to a man would probably make me like anything he wears, etc. Valid points, but let's have fun anyway. I (a gay man) find men smell sexiest in aromatics or orientals, preferably with a musky or woody base. In other words, old-school stuff that nobody my age wears anymore. The Acqua di Gio/Sean John/Light Blue stuff can actually turn me off at this point. It's not olfactory snobbery - aquatics and sheer greens or citrus just don't pique my interest or make me think licentious thoughts, which is the whole point of a "sexy" frag, no? I personally feel sexiest in anything with strong musk, wood or leather notes, but I make exceptions for the occasional powdery oriental or whacked-out gourmand (hi, Angel!).

  46. #46

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    girls like on me

    Pure Malt
    YSL Opium
    Tobacco Vanille

    i like..
    Chergui
    Musc Ravageur
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"


    -- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

  47. #47

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I also feel like it has nothing to do with scent, but more to do with your experiences with an individual wearing one. For example, I once had a horrible experience with someone wearing Clinique Happy, and I will forever hate the scent, no matter who it was on!

  48. #48

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    ....I'm at my sexiest state of mind when I wear Body Kouros or Alien.
    Mmm, I love the idea of Alien on a man!

    *end hijack*

  49. #49

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Tuscany smells the sexiest of anything I have tried. It's nothing but sexy!

    I think it would apply to all of the above.

  50. #50

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I feel sexy in L'eau d'Hiver
    Im st8..but I recently went to a gay club with a friend. I wore Vetiver Extraordinaire..a Drag said Im the only one in the club that smells like a man...lol..I think it was a good thing..
    Im the be$t @ thi$

  51. #51

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    Really? does anyone else think Royal Water is a sexy frag?
    I do, on a female it is.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

    "No Pain, No Gain"

  52. #52

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Rosehavn,

    You are a very naughty person, starting really contentious topics and then going really quiet!

    Gucci Envy for Men and Alfred Dunhill Desire for a men smell great on me (well I think so anyway, and that is the important bit).

    What about you?

  53. #53

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    See what happens when you give the Lurkers confidence? Geez. Treating me like they have 6 stars under their name. I admit I started some semi-controversial threads, but it was my way of getting involved. I didn't lurk very long. I decided to stir the pot instead.

    The fragrances I find sexiest on a man: 1) Speed Stick Deodorant "Regular" with no other fragrances. 2) Spicy oriental fragrances worn subtlely (1-2 sprays). 3) Desert Moroccain by Tauer 4) Anise/Licorice notes that are in fragrances that are NOT sweet. 5) I almost forgot the most recent discovery, which was when I sprayed Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille for the first time. My eyes rolled back in my head and I had a mini-seizure. I ended up laying on the floor crying, "OHHHHHHH TOMMMMM! OHHHHHHHHH TOMMMM!"
    It kinda sounded like a chant to the perfume god.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

  54. #54

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I found the following in a review (by a man) of Kouros: 'Virility and male sexuality, not in "gay" sense. My situation with that is how can something so masculine attract "gays"?' - so I gather that gays are not supposed to like manly scents on other men...I'm really confused by this LOL :\

  55. #55

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I think By Kilian's Back to Black, Hermes Ambre Narguile (as well as Elixir des Merveilles), and Costume National 21 all make me smell smexy. Verreh smexy.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

    Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

  56. #56

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Really interesting thread on all levels, thanks Rosehavn!

    If I wanted to smell sexy, I might lay on some Ungaro II.

    But what I look for most now with fragrance is consolation and validation (Sables, Invasion Barbare, Myrrhe Ardente).
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

  57. #57
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    78,038

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    2) Straight men: In your opinion, which fragrances make you smell the sexiest?
    Balafre

  58. #58

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I think all scents are strictly scents. What makes any scent sexy is how the person carries it. end of story

  59. #59

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    ...
    Last edited by Mertevenk; 2nd May 2012 at 01:23 PM.

  60. #60
    odioustoilet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I-5/washington street exit
    Posts
    1,218
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: A Question for Gay, Straight and Bisexual Men

    I, a straight man and 40 really like the older stuff.

    I know my post will cause a lot of eye rolling or furrowing of the brows but I really like my old vintage bottle of Avon's Leather aftershave.
    It adds, to me, some macho-ness to other scents like Varvatos Vintage.
    sent via commodore 64







    *explore your world on a bicycle*

Similar Threads

  1. what do GAY/BISEXUAL basenoters wear
    By docjason in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 22nd September 2005, 12:42 PM
  2. Apology to GAY/BISEXUAL BAsenoters
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM
  3. what do GAY/BISEXUAL basenoters wear
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •