Code of Conduct

Default YSL La Nuit vs Dior Homme

Okay so im on the verge to do the purchase, but it boils down between the two, which one would you choose if you were me? A young adult, oh and the I have Allure Homme Sports, Azzaro Chome.. getting YSL Body Kouros and Armani Code as well..

Default Re: YSL La Nuit vs Dior Homme

Dior Homme by a mile...

La Nuit for sure...

I don┤t know where you┤re from, but here in Germany we┤re having a really hot summer.

Once the temperature is 25 degrees Celsius and more I personally enjoy La Nuit more than Dior Homme (a lot more actually), while the latter is the superior fragrance of those two, IMO.

I would get La Nuit now and Dior Homme in 2 or 3 months. Both are worth having.

Sur la Plage

Dior Homme is well worth owning. Not so for YSL La Nuit L'Homme.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    I don┤t know where you┤re from, but here in Germany we┤re having a really hot summer.

Once the temperature is 25 degrees Celsius and more I personally enjoy La Nuit more than Dior Homme (a lot more actually), while the latter is the superior fragrance of those two, IMO.

I would get La Nuit now and Dior Homme in 2 or 3 months. Both are worth having.
    aha. where did i come from? let's just say from where i come, there is no winter, spring or autumn. only thing you see is the aircons and fans

La Nuit, Dior is nice, but a bit in the feminine side, IMO

Default YSL La Nuit vs Dior Homme

I like L'Homme quite a bit better than La Nuit, but both are a ton better than Dior Homme. Get some samples and ask those around you. In my case, it is unanimous that every finds Dior Homme completely unwearable by a man. However, many on these forums like it. That's the beauty of the hobby I guess.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Dior Homme. It's not even close, lol.

I don't really see how this Dior could be unwearable for a man, unless of course you have some preconceived ideas of how a man should smell like. But more importantly buy it 'cuz you like it. Welcome to Basenotes.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Dior Homme is well worth owning. Not so for YSL La Nuit L'Homme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Dior Homme. It's not even close, lol.

I don't really see how this Dior could be unwearable for a man, unless of course you have some preconceived ideas of how a man should smell like. But more importantly buy it 'cuz you like it. Welcome to Basenotes.
    +1 what these gents said.

Actually, I slightly prefer Dior Homme Cologne over the original. If you are able to sample it before your purchase decision, it might be worth the while.

Both fine, but pick La Nuit.

Dior Homme is more Unique of the two and to my nose, a bit more satisfying.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Dior Homme/Dior Homme Cologne

Although not the best frag for tropical weather, I'm pretty sure the sillage won't be too cloying.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 21st July 2010 at 06:08 AM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

do yourself a favor and SAMPLE dior homme if you are considering it. DO NOT blind buy it. to me it makes you smell like women's makeup, but i guess some people like that smell. la nuit imo is a much safer buy. it smells pleasant, pergect for any season and get compliments.

This is one of the rare times that basenoters aren't vehemently split on one side or the other. I have to agree, both are nice and relatively comparable. There is no obvious pick. I would probably go with the La Nuit De L'Homme because it is better on my skin. Your skin is a whole different thing.

Hmmm...Go with whichever one you can get cheapest and just do it. La Nuit is $1 less expensive on Fragrancenet- There's your answer.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Dior homme is more sophisticated, refined, mature and overall more parfum.Good option for formal events.
    La nuit is more versatile, more fresh, more casual wear ..
    I own la nuit and I enjoy it very much but , I see this one very similar drydown with Armani Code.

La Nuit, hands down... i have yet to like any Dior stuff... they don't get right with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I don't really see how this Dior could be unwearable for a man, unless of course you have some preconceived ideas of how a man should smell like.
    I think everyone has their own ideas of what smells masculine or feminine. However, since every single person that I have ever asked to smell Dior Homme says that it smells like an old lady...... well I guess that people have a preconceived idea of what an "old lady" smells like..... and I don't particularly want to have that title. For me, the very first time I smelled it, I instantly had a flashback to a horrible smell that stuck with me for a couple years. I was on a trip to Israel doing some documentary filming and we had several encounters with older, homeless women selling stuff like herbs and vegetables outside of the city wall. These women smelled like major body odor masked by tons of perfume oils. The tour guide explained that the women would bath in "precious oils" to make up for never actually bathing. Dior Homme always flashes me back to that smell. Some people also say that it smells like womens makeup and that is also a dead hit on accuracy. Like I said, to each their own and that's what makes this so enjoyable and unique of a hobby.

Dior Homme has character and personality. La Nuit does not.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

La Nuit is more safe and versatile for tropical weather. Dior homme is very good but you need to try before you buy.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Tough question. I have both and have got compliment when wearing both.

I'd recommend that you get one first and another later.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

La Nuit de L'homme is full of personality and character. I own it and love it VERY much. I currently have Dior Homme in the top slot on my wish list. IMO there is room for both, but I think you should start with La Nuit de L'homme
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

I own both. This summer La Nuit has been worn far more.

Hot Weather: get La Nuit....Cold Weather: Dior Homme...Best for both: La Nuit

Dior Homme is a mastepiece. I would choose it. La Nuit is also worth having, but I would give Dior priority.

Dior Homme is the one you want. YSL's La Nuit, though I respect the houses' past endeavors, is shit.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

While I think DH is probably more interesting, and around here (BN) that gets attention, I do feel it pushes the limits of gender borders (not everyone may be as comfortable with that as you), plus it gets pretty cloying in the heat. Overall I just think, while it's artistically more interesting, practically La Nuit is probably a much safer choice. It's interesting within mainstream but still pretty casual. Could be worn anytime and not be out of place IMO.
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I would purchase both fragrances.....If I could only have one I would go with Dior Homme
    Gary

Dior Homme is interesting, unique and sophisticated. La Nuit l'Homme is YSL's grab at some of the $$$ that Armani Code makes. No comparison in my opinion.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Dior Homme, no contest.

I enjoy both but if I had to choose between the two, La Nuit without a doubt!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

b10steeple

Last edited by b10steeple; 1st September 2011 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b10steeple View Post
    respectfully, La Nuit smells nothing like Code.
    I don't think he was saying they're the same sort of smell, but rather that they would appeal to the same customer, or be used for the same sort of purpose (evening, sexy masculine), or something like that.
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads