Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD Wednesday 21 July

Morning all! I wanted something classic today so I went for vintage L'Heure Bleue EDT.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 21 July

Good morning!
    I´m in a classic, too, this am - Shalimar EdP.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    Good morning!
    I´m in a classic, too, this am - Shalimar EdP.
    Good choice!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 21 July

Henri Sorsona's

Eau d' Hadrien Absolu

Parfums Annick Goutal
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Demeter Sandalwood. Forgot about it at home and that's the bottle that currently lives in my bag.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

POUR MONSIEUR

Eau de Toilette Concentrée

Happy Wednesday

Wearing Rose Essentielle by Bvlgari
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Good morning all!

Sophi, you smell lovely!

I am wearing Soie Rouge - Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

A hot day in the office, trying to stay awake...

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Penhaligons LP No 9 for Men.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Mandarin
    Middle Notes: Clove, Cinnamon, Geranium, Nutmeg, Black Pepper, Cardamon, Rosemary
    Base Notes: Precious Woods, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber, Balsam

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Look at all of you, so cool and sophisticated. Me? I am the opposite of sophisticated, because once again I'm wearing this:

Can anybody recommend some pleasing, light vanilla scents? I feel this isn't doing much for my credibility!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Cat got me up early. Rubbed on some old violet cream sachet from Avon (still good, though dried to a paste) and am crawling back to bed for a few more ZZZZs.

Basenotes Plus

Mel_Lou, no worries. Wear what you love and what smells good to you, relax and enjoy!

Philosophy Falling in Love
    Notes: blackberry, musk, lily of the valley, jasmine, vanilla

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning all Totally agree with Tdem, wear what you love! I'm still having a nasty cold, but at least my eye is good again. Will start reading for the postponed oral exam now Still trying to wake up, though, so I'm starting the day with a strong cup of coffee and Joy Division Sotd is Infusion d'iris.

Afternoon all,

I'm sampling Thierry Mugler's Womanity which I received yesterday from a dear friend in the UK. The name kills me, I think it's hideous, but the juice is not so hideous.

Haven't seen a list of notes yet, but I get a lot of rich greens. Fresh tobacco? My husband smelled me and he thought I'd been smoking! The tobacco is really quite sweet and it reminds me more of really fresh pipe tobacco than anything else. I find myself sniffing my wrists all the time and that's not a bad thing. As always with Mugler, the sillage and lasting power is excellent.

I am wearing Parfum d'Odette by Neil Morris today. The heat continues.

Ice Men

Good morning/day/evening all!

I'm wearing the very pretty Guerlain L'Instant this morning. This scent reminds me of Evangeline (who loves it so)...Hi Evangeline (waves a neighborly howdy across the miles)!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Hello everyone!

Oh my stars Miss pomander, you made my day! And you smell soooo beautiful! I'll be thinking of y'all this weekend, and I can't wait to read all about it! I'd have considered joining the fun (I used to live in Boston and jump at every chance to visit) but I'll be in New Orleans for important wedding planning business...hee! Please give my regards to Back Bay, and remember me to Harvard Square! Have a wonderful time!

I'm in Chamade today, vintage pdt and edc.

Y'all have a fantastic day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 21st July 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Serge Lutens Chêne.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Institution

Morning ,all ! Have a great new day !
    I'm sick with the flu I think . Anyhow, I can still smell ,so that saves the day !
    This morning ,it's Chanel No.5 extrait.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Oh, E! Enjoy your weekend and the planning festivities! It's all about your special day - even if it is a little stressful probably right now

I'm in Dior Escale a Portofino this morning. Needed something light and bright to offset the stress of my howling cat in his carrier - it's vet day

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

I have brought out the heavy artillery this evening,
    and dabbed myself with the most ultimate of luxuries

POISON

Esprit de Parfum

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 21st July 2010 at 02:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Theorema Esprit d'Ete by Fendi............................................. ....day

Theorema by Fendi............................................. .....................after 5

Basenotes Institution

Mouchoir de Monsieur by Guerlain

So Pretty by Cartier

Gucci by Gucci. Typing fast to avoid error messages!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 21 July

Thanks cello! It really won't be too stressful because we're keeping it very simple - we're actually "planning" to elope, but we want to include some family and friends (we're not very conventional - it seems we're breaking all the rules of both weddings and elopements - ha!) so there aren't too many details to worry about. Food, music and food will get the most attention - the rest is lagniappe.
    Good luck with kitty and vet - I hope everything goes well!

Coconut - I love So Pretty! Do you have the edt or the edp? They're both becoming harder to find now but I've never sniffed the edt, so I'm wondering if I should consider it when stocking up.

New York Tribune, February 18, 1917
    Mrs Jerome Bonaparte is hiding her bathing suit with a beach coat, but it is such a good looking coat we shall forgive her.
    And we don't blame her, either, for shielding her face with a parasol that matches the coat, for the sun, they tell us, is very ardent in its attentions at Palm Beach.

The temperature has spiked again, so out comes the Hermès Un Jardin Après Le Mousson. Predictable, but I hope that, like Mrs Jerome Bonaparte, I am forgiven. As is mel lou..

Quote Originally Posted by mel_lou View Post
    Can anybody recommend some pleasing, light vanilla scents? I feel this isn't doing much for my credibility!
    Credibility pffft! Katie Puckrik says it's rather like By Kilian Love, without the terrifying pricetag. Did you score your big backup bottle?

Lilybelle, I hope you got some one on one time with your sewing machine. I feel rather silly (and a little uncomfortable) in this heat with my swathes of polar fleece plotting ways to keep my knees warm this winter!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Apres l'Ondee
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

It smells divine in here!

I wore Parfums de Coeur's Body Fantasy White Musk body spray this morning...I had a dental appointment and didn't want to suffocate anyone. The news was good, thank goodness. Only a root canal. Woo hoo! I never thought I'd be glad of a root canal, but the alternative was really depressing. Now I'm back home celebrating in some Chanel No. 5 edt. Sharing the house with Mims, poor baby! I hope you feel better soon!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Three hours before DD's boyfriend takes me to the train station, and I think the 4,288,905 details on my list(s) have been attended to except for packing my toothbrush and changing my shoes. Clients popping in by email at the last minute today are offering extra work upon my return, so that means I get to spend more in Boston — right?

Mountainear ~ Thanks for the added description from Possets. My nose won't be bored for a while, but next time I'm itching to try something new, I'll explore this house.

I spoke with Pomander yesterday, and we already have something to laugh about. I'll wave toward Milwaukee's southside and Evangeline's house this afternoon for you, Pom. Evangeline, why don't you save your elopement for the next BN meet-up? We were talking about doing New Orleans anyway.

Take care, Mimi.

Good wishes to all kitties and kiddies. Our boy Clay Kitty is at the vet today. We think he might have cystitis, and that's why he pees occasionally where he shouldn't.

Have asked DD's BF to stop at Blush so I can pick up a new frag before crossing the river to the depot. Don't want to bother anybody on the train, so I'll abstain from sprayin'.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy train travels Quarry!

We'll roll out the red carpet for you here in Beantown!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Guerlain's Jicky vintage EdT, fresh and tonic yet sweet, spontaneous yet deep.

Blog Entries

Mel Lou, no worries about credibility! This is all about pleasure, about wearing what you love!
    {{{Mimi}}} get better!

I am testing Tsi La Organics Fiori d'Aranci and I think something is going wrong here...

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    ...I'll be in New Orleans for important wedding planning business...hee!...
    Yippee! Please share details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    ...I'm in Dior Escale a Portofino this morning. Needed something light and bright to offset the stress of my howling cat in his carrier - it's vet day
    Vet visits are so exhausting, for our cats AND for us! Hope it goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    ...Clients popping in by email at the last minute today are offering extra work upon my return, so that means I get to spend more in Boston — right?...
    In a word, YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    ...Good wishes to all kitties and kiddies. Our boy Clay Kitty is at the vet today. We think he might have cystitis, and that's why he pees occasionally where he shouldn't...
    Good to nip that cystitis in the bud. Hugs to Clay Kitty!

Note to mel_lou: That bottle is adorable!

Get-well wishes to Mimi!

I just gave my husband and myself a royal dousing of L'Eau de Jatamansi. We smell fantastic!

My day got off to a very late/bad start. I made it to the office only to find out that I'd been scheduled for 2 meetings... back-to-back no less. I had to run to the meetings and didnt even have time to turn on my computer and download notes, so I had to wing it. Nonetheless, I think the meetings went well. Now I'm at my desk enjoying a huge cup of much needed coffee. And.....

I'm wearing Dior Midnight Charm.

I love Midnight Charm, but I wish that I'd worn Angelique Noir instead. AN usually has the ability to make my days better.

It's so hot here, so just a bit of monoi de tahiti oil

Central Park by Bond No.9
    Gary

Blog Entries

Laura Tonatto - Elenora Duse

SotE is Cacharel Noa Dream.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Mimi - Feel better soon!

SOTD: Chanel No. 19

Envious of Quarry and the others getting ready for the Boston meet-up! Hope you all have safe travels and a lot of fun!

Basenotes Institution

Hi guys ! Thanks for all your get well wishes ! Much appreciated always !

I am wearing my new Creed ( my ONLY full bottle of Creed ! ) Fleurs de Bulgarie . On such a rose kick and this is wonderful - just a very beautiful deep rose ..so feeling much better !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

To Quarry and those heading out to the basenotes weekend, hope you enjoy your travels!
    & hope you feel better soon Mimi!

I'm wearing today!

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Hervé Léger today.

Sending get well wishes to Mimi and safe travel wishes to all BNers going to the big sniffathon! (I'm SO jealous and wish I could be there ... )

Hi again!

Mimi G, I'm glad you're feeling better, and well enough to enjoy your gorgeous Fleurs de Bulgarie! You could be right about its healing properties, it's that magical! I just received a bottle over the weekend, and it's my first and only full bottle of Creed, too! Now I'm thinking I'll have to give Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare a go soon - have you tried it?

Quarry - Nice idea, but we can't put it off any more. We've been engaged for over five years, so a wedding is well past due! Happy travels, and have a great time in Boston!

Haunani - Thanks for asking, but there really aren't any details at this point except the date, November 20th. We want it simple -a civil ceremony then a reception with great food and music in the French Quarter, so there aren't that many arrangements to make. We're really just planning a fun weekend for some friends and family.

I almost forgot my sote - I'm in Aromatics Elixir, and it's perfect!

Today it was Pure Poison - this evening it's Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere, from a sample. A little sharp at first, and then heaven....

I hope you feel better soon, Mimi G.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Pleasures
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

My Sote.....Del Mar by Baldessarini.....Gary

Today I almost became scent twins with mikeperez but at the last minute chose Pavlova... that lasted all day, with a noon refresher spritz. This afternoon I changed to Black Aoud to see how it blooms in the heat and yes, it does, and nicely. (although I prefer it in the cool weather, it is a nice accompaniment to my evening.)

Glad Ms Mimi G is feeling better (and everything is rosy!)...

"Luna babe" signing off for the night... a long week, too much heat, and too much gardening/canning!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Today I wore L'Occitane Labdanum, very comfy scent.

Happy trails to all traveling to Boston. Have a great time and don't forget to report back!
    Evenstar

Hermes Vetiver Tonka for this evening. This is great in the heat, to my surprise!

Basenotes Plus

scent twins with lovethe scents in Apres L'Ondee

Safely arrived in Boston for my work conference and now that I'm actually here- really excited that the meet-up is imminent.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I am so excited to see all the glorious BNers this weekend. I am working like a crazed woman to make sure the house is more homey and less construction site. i think I am close to accomplishing that.

For my SotD only Paris by Yves Saint Laurent would do. Roses, more roses and deliciously sweet roses at that. Made the whole cleaning frenzy bearable.

Tonight, since I needed to wind down, I am wearing Eau d'Elide by Dipthyque. Lavander at its best; soft, soothing, calming and not medicinal (as it can be at times)

Mimi, take care of yourself. Summer illness is not anything to take lightly. Here is a healing {{{{{HUG}}}}}!!!

Evangeline, have a wonderful time in New Orleans. Try to make a pit-stop in Hové Parfumeur

Be well all
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source