Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Best Bond no9 for men?

what are you looking for in the fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    New Haarlem is the best Bond.

Others to consider:

Silver Factory
    Great Jones
    H.O.T. Always
    +1 new haarlem, far and away
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

With no offense to anybody, the best masculine from Bond is the one they've not made yet. IMO this is one of most overstimated brands around.
    Last edited by alfarom; 2nd May 2011 at 07:54 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    With no offense to anybody, the best masculine from Bond is the one they've not made yet. IMO this is one of most overstimated brands around.
    Of the ones I've samples (Bleecker, Chez, Success, New haarlem, Riverside Drive..) I have to agree. Still waiting to try others...I haven't given up hope yet.

I disagree.. but that is ok.. I find Creed and others to be overrated.. yet, I still love them.. here's why I disagree.. when I wear Bond No. 9's stuff.. I get loads of compliments.. that rarely occurs with Creed, for me.. from Silver Mountain Water to others.. that's among my numerous criteria for a good fragrance.

Canīt stand Riverside Drive. Too greenish for my tastes. Something in it reminds me (the vibe not the smell) of Grey Flannel (arghh!).

Own New Harlem, West side and Success is a Job. Love all three. But West Side has the most uncommon smell, if you ask...

Montauk and Cooper Sq are really really nice as well. Montauk is citrusy and cooper is kinda metallic, but ambery. Harrords him is really good, but I must acquire Eau de NY.

Silver Factory smells like an Amouage. May have to get a decant of this for the winter.

Still:

1)Riverside Drive
    2)Bleecker Street
    3)Chez Bond
    4)Silver Factory

Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York or Riverside Drive
    Co-Founder
    VIP Fan Connect
    http://vipfanconnect.com

Follow me on Twitter to get my scent of the day and to find out which of my celebrity clients are wearing your favorite fragrances. http://twitter.com/THEjoeyrocco

Red face Re: Best Bond no9 for men?

Quote Originally Posted by blah114 View Post
    I disagree.. but that is ok.. I find Creed and others to be overrated.. yet, I still love them.. here's why I disagree.. when I wear Bond No. 9's stuff.. I get loads of compliments.. that rarely occurs with Creed, for me.. from Silver Mountain Water to others.. that's among my numerous criteria for a good fragrance.

This is what I like. I want to know which cologne is the one which you get the most compliments on. I wish everyone would post their "best" by that criteria.
    If a certain scent has people always stopping you and complimenting you or asking, what it is you are wearing, then THAT is the best scent.

Dependent

The only Bond No. 9 I own is High Line - which is very, very good IMO - but New Haarlem is very high on my 'to get list.'

Silver Factory
    HOT Always
    New York Oud
    New Haarlem
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    No offense taken my friend, Bond No. 9 can't please everybody. All the Bonds in my collection are very easy to like and some have artistic merit.

Eau de New York - So simple yet so beautiful. Joy in a bottle. One of the best citrus-florals ever released, imho.
    Silver Factory - Incense and sexy? You bet!
    Riverside Drive & Chez Bond are outstanding all-rounders.
    Great Jones is an impressive salute to vintage Paco Rabanne.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

For those saying new harlem, how sweet is it? Some people compare Rochas to new harlem (not in terms of quality but the vibe).
    Last edited by Bachatu Man; 23rd October 2011 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatzlife View Post
    This is what I like. I want to know which cologne is the one which you get the most compliments on. I wish everyone would post their "best" by that criteria.
    If a certain scent has people always stopping you and complimenting you or asking, what it is you are wearing, then THAT is the best scent.
    What I enjoy, rather than those around me, is what I consider the best.

Coney Island and Little Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachatu Man View Post
    For those saying new harlem, how sweet is it? Some people compare Rochas to new harlem (not in terms of quality but the vibe).

I prefer Rochas over NH because it's a lot more wearable, NH would be a great scent for a candle but not a fragrance for either sex, and not that it matters but all of my female coworkers hated New Haarlem and told me to throw my sample in the trash, but if you like it you like it.

New Haarlem. Riverside Drive is a distant second.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    What I enjoy, rather than those around me, is what I consider the best.
    Yes - it's nice to please others, but I would never wear a fragrance that I personally didn't like. I'm the person who has to smell it the most.

One that I'm enjoying today (thanks for the sample, Mike!) is I ♥ NY for Him. An extremely pleasant scent. It's well inside the mainstream, but in a really well-executed way. It has some Chez Bond, some Chanel masculine, and some Quiksilver (woody aquatic) in it, as far as what people around here tend to love and/or accept. Admittedly, the rest falls outside of that. It comes in near some of these other "laundry fresh" scents, but much more confident and substantial - it's like the laundry at a five-star hotel, that smells good, knows it, and ain't afraid to show it. Just enough spicy notes peeking through to make it interesting. The cool thing about a scent like this is that it lets the average guy wear something that's substantial and noticeable, but flies under the "cologne guy" radar with "clean guy" stealth. But yet I can sniff myself and say "Damn - it smells good!" Not as daring of a scent built on the soap/musk/clean thing as something like Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense - that starts pushing into oriental territory. This is definitely hiding behind clean. But it's good. [Full disclosure: the wife has spoken: "ordinary, but good"]

Quote Originally Posted by ValyrianSteel View Post
    I prefer Rochas over NH because it's a lot more wearable, NH would be a great scent for a candle but not a fragrance for either sex, and not that it matters but all of my female coworkers hated New Haarlem and told me to throw my sample in the trash, but if you like it you like it.
    Hmm, Interesting. I got to give it a try. I initially liked Rochas off a sample I tested. However after some full wearings it comes off really synthetic and has a plastic quality to it. Sort of a synthetic sugary feel, which I don't like too much. its not syrupy, which I do like (as you mentioned its wearable) but its like water sugar with plastic, creating a synthetic coffee note. I would like it if the ingredients used were better. Im looking to try a quality coffee fragrance that doesn't go willy wonka sweet or obvious.

I like Brooklyn. I think the bottle is cool as hell also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    I like Brooklyn. I think the bottle is cool as hell also.
    It's weird - I can't find it on their site. All the new stuff is there, too, but I couldn't see Brooklyn. And that IS one of my faves.

Strange.......

I wanted to see what the bottle looks like after the contest.

Last edited by fsface; 23rd October 2011 at 08:55 PM.

1) New Haarlem
    2) Riverside Drive
    3) Chez Bond
    4) Silver Factory
    5) Wall Street

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    Cool - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ValyrianSteel View Post
    Totally agree.

I'll go with
    1) Bleeker Street
    2) New Haarlem
    3) Riverside drive
    4) Silver Factory
    5) Chez Bond
    6) HOT always
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    1) New Haarlem
    2) Riverside Drive
    3) Chez Bond
    4) Silver Factory
    5) Wall Street
    Just saw these, I agree. I traded Wall Street for HOT always just because my wife likes patchouli and I always get a comment from her when I wear it and I am not a big fan of Wall Street nor Millesime Imperial. I think they are good but......
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Great Jones
    Silver Factory
    New Haarlem
    Chez Bond
    Riverside Drive
    Eau de New York

I still need to try New York Oud and NY Amber.

After trying a number of Bonds, I've chosen my favorites, which are somewhat situational. My favorite going out scents are NY Amber and Silver Factory. My favorite daily-wear, casual scents are Riverside Drive and Chez Bond. My favorite summer scents are Montauk and Central Park. And my all time, gold-standard favorite, go-to choice is Bleecker Street.

1. Chez Bond
    2. Riverside Drive

Riverside Drive - though would never personally consider adding it to my collection.

1. I Love New York for Marriage Equality
    2. New York Oud
    3. New Haarlem

Chez Bond

Chez
    RD
    NB
    BS
    CP
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Bleecker is unisex and very good for a man. I really like it.

I'd imagine Cooper Square is one of their most masculine - just not for me.

Wallstreet
    Bleecker St
    Hamptons (but I wear Silver Mountain Water)

From what I've tried (and mind you I'm not convinced to buy a full bottle of any of these), I'd say Riverside Drive, Bleecker Street, New Haarlem, and I Love NY for Marriage Equality.

Out of the ones I have tried New Haarlem and Bleecker Street are what I own.

Use to own EDNY but it smelled like fabric softener to me and Wall Street I thought I would like but the more I tried it the more I disliked it, had a wet dog smell.

Where does one find samples online for this brand????

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by slider17 View Post
    Where does one find samples online for this brand????
    Fragrancevials and Fragrancex

Oud Patchouli from the Harrods Exclusives line.

HOT a.
    Cooper S.
    Silver F.

Blog Entries

When I first tried Bn9 I found an artificial grape/plum note in virtually every one I tried. It ruined them. I kept trying, and discovered some that were "ok" but not for me...Wall Street smelled like the mulched vines when I mow my pumpkin patch...nice smell but I wouldn't want to go around smelling like that. I finally found New York Amber which blew me away...not very popular with anyone else, but I LOVE it!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Wall Street is my favorite because of its versatility.
    New Haarlem for when I feel like being a child.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

I tend to wear fragrances based on whether it's sunny/rainy/overcast/blue skies etc. (maybe a bit strange, but there it is!). Hence I go for Riverside Drive on sunny blue-sky days, and New Haarlem for autumnal/wintry days. I also have Bond no 9 Harrod's For Him, which is another wintry/evening wear one - this one tends to divide people, but I really like it.