Code of Conduct

Default Halston Man (2009)

So I've been doing a little research on this one, and judging by the notes, I think this would be something I like. I've been looking around online trying to find the best price, and to my surprise, I can't find this on any of the online discount sites. I know when it first came out, it was a Neiman's exclusive. Is that still the case? Since it has been out over a year, I figured it would be available at other places. I'm not adverse to paying full retail, but if it's available somewhere else for cheaper, I'd rather go that route. So does anyone happen to know anyplace that sells this other than Neiman Marcus?

Thanks in advance!

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Halston Man (2009)

I have only ever seen it at Neiman Marcus.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

You can buy samples on Ebay.

I really want to try this too.

Surprisingly, Halston (or whomever distributes Halston) has really put the clamps on this. I was hoping it'd be at the Maxx/Marshalls by now like their complete range.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Looks like it's available here, but it's at full retail: http://shop.elizabetharden.com/produ...ductId=3781856
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Elizabeth Arden owns Halston fragrances and they seem to have kept it under wraps. Still Exclusively at Neiman's and Bergdorf Goodman and also at the Arden website. Gift sets were extremely limited last year (weren't even listed on the website) and may not be available at all this year. They've already launched the new Amber fragrance and there's no guarantee that they'll keep making Halston Man. Every once in a while it turns up on ebay but it's still pretty pricey. I honestly enjoy this fragrance much more than Z-14 and wish it were made widely available.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Worth1969 View Post
    Elizabeth Arden owns Halston fragrances and they seem to have kept it under wraps. Still Exclusively at Neiman's and Bergdorf Goodman and also at the Arden website. Gift sets were extremely limited last year (weren't even listed on the website) and may not be available at all this year. They've already launched the new Amber fragrance and there's no guarantee that they'll keep making Halston Man. Every once in a while it turns up on ebay but it's still pretty pricey. I honestly enjoy this fragrance much more than Z-14 and wish it were made widely available.
    I saw it at Saks recently.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

AromiErotici

Mike Perez was kind enough to send me a mini of this. Thank you Mike.

I am at a loss for this one. I have and wear 1-12 and Z-14 in my rotation......usually for work since they're economical. On me, the scent smells like a combo of both 12&14, but leans more toward 12.

I have held off reviewing this frag because I'm a bit confused by it at the moment.

I honestly feel that this is Z-14 with L'Artisan Mure et Musc Extreme poured in. Very berry on my skin. I sold this two days ago to a fellow basenoter. I prefer Z-14 to this. Maybe I'd like the Amber version better.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Surprisingly, Halston (or whomever distributes Halston) has really put the clamps on this. I was hoping it'd be at the Maxx/Marshalls by now like their complete range.
    I believe that new company Halston Heritage wants tight control over this fragrance for it is one of the steps in the company gaining once again the lost upscale appeal of the Halston name. Kind of like you don't find Chanel at TJX or Marshalls - I also feel that the normal Z-14 and 1-12 are going to be discontinued once EA right to manufacture them expires.

I have to say that Elizabeth Arden Fragrance (EA) did fantastic job with the HALSTON and HALSTON AMBER fragrances. To me both have that niche feeling and both are neither loud or screechy in their sillage. The bottles and boxes are just a nicely done also.

I think Mr. Halston would be happy.

I had a hard time with the passion fruit... I'm hoping the Amber flanker will work better for me....

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I believe that new company Halston Heritage wants tight control over this fragrance for it is one of the steps in the company gaining once again the lost upscale appeal of the Halston name. Kind of like you don't find Chanel at TJX or Marshalls - I also feel that the normal Z-14 and 1-12 are going to be discontinued once EA right to manufacture them expires.

I have to say that Elizabeth Arden Fragrance (EA) did fantastic job with the HALSTON and HALSTON AMBER fragrances. To me both have that niche feeling and both are neither loud or screechy in their sillage. The bottles and boxes are just a nicely done also.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post

Sounds good. I have always liked the Halston line and it's one of the frags that got me interested in scent years ago. I like the mini Mike sent me, but it seems too closely related to the others. Maybe that was the idea however. If I had this in the rotation, it would seem redundant to me in spite of it being good.