Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Any one-in-a- million finds out there? Sorta like a perfect used car in a barn find?

Here in the states the automobile collectors talk about a "barn find" where a very much sought after vehicle in very good condition is found on a farm in a barn and the owner asks for a low price.

Any such finds out there?

I ask because I just got back from a thrift store where I bought two 5ml bottles, one of Aramis and one of Demeter Saw Dust for $2.95!

Default Re: Any one-in-a- million finds out there? Sorta like a perfect used car in a barn find?

My guess is that many BNers go to yard sales and thrift sales, once in a while finding a "hidden gem." But also many of us get some great old frags from relatives and friends.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any one-in-a- million finds out there? Sorta like a perfect used car in a barn find?

I know my purchase seems like no big deal but for someone who is just starting out, I thought it was cool finding some good stuff for almost nothing.

Wait, there's a thrift store in Antarctica? That is truly amazing! Seriously, my best find was 7ml of Joy parfum for $5. It's a shame I don't care too much for the fragrance! I bought it blind, though, and I keep it because it was such a great find.

I know that Wal-Mart sometimes has red tag sales on frags. I once picked up a bottle of Aramis Life for $5.

sounds like stuff you don't need at a price you can't refuse..

whenever I go to small random perfume stores I'm always peering over behind the counter at the bottom rack for some old dusty bottle. Until the SA tell's me, "no, only the newest and latest fragrances here sir!". and then I have to explain I'm looking for something with dust on it...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads