Code of Conduct

Default just some thoughts...

i am not your typical cologne enthusiast. i build houses for a living. in jeans and a t-shirt drenched in sweat. grew up dirt poor. i guess im kind of "gruff" around the edges at times. but i love cologne. i fall in love with anyone wearing flowerbomb.ive wowed women for decades by asking them if they were wearing a certain perfume (and usually guessed right). since i was young ive spent WAY too much money on cologne. i went weekly to tj maxx for their bargains. i splurged at filenes when i could. ive really been enjoying the reviews of the scents here. i seem to like tonka bean colognes. and leathers. the stronger the better. i have a huge collection of colognes. i wonder where many of them went over the years. i recall nu-west being full on my shelf- but its gone. tuscany is gone. i might have given them away and dont remember? id love to trade away colognes i never wear for new ones- is that what the itrader button is for? i tried yatagan the other day- i really liked it. theres just something about a good cologne...

Default Re: just some thoughts...

I didn't even notice the iTrader button till you mentioned it! Looks like feedback for transactions. There are many different kinds of folk here. If you enjoying discussing scents or reading about it, you'll fit right in here.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present."

Many of us have "signatures" at the end of our posts that link to a swap page, such as the one I have at the bottom of this post. Also, have you seen the swap forum?

ah, i see! i checked out the swap page. i dont reall have anything anyone wants! i think i have very common colognes! oh well...

one man's junk is another man's treasure (and vice-versa).

Welcome, stick around!
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

thank you, i will! im surprised to see how many members there are here! the servber is always busy at night... you all must be posting the days scent. i can dig it. today its quorum, loaded on.

Yeah, there've been server problems lately but I'm sure Grant will sort it out.
    Welcome, darren1! You might suppose that most Basenoters are from a certain very educated or urban background but in my experience we're from all over the place, geographically and socio-economically. It's one of the really great things about Basenotes. A lot of people meet here who wouldn't end up at the same parties if we all lived in the same town.

Thumbs up Re: just some thoughts...

Welcome Darren
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes