Code of Conduct

Question How Have Strangers (esp. women) Reacted to Oudh Fragrances?

What have the reactions been by strangers and acquaintances when you've worn an Oudh noted fragrance? Which one was being worn?

In my culture, I think oudh is still pretty unknown, so perhaps that's why I haven't gotten any reactions...or maybe it just isn't appreciated yet. Heck, maybe people hate it, I don't know.

Smile Re: How Have Strangers (esp. women) Reacted to Oudh Fragrances?

My violin teacher (who usually sits while she teaches while I stand) almost always comes to her feet and gets right next to me with a big smile on her face, when I'm wearing Oud. She even corrects my bow arm by frequently taking it in both hands, and has even jokingly apologized, saying 'I'm sorry, I seem to be putting my hands all over you.' She's a happily married gal so I'm not sure she's even conscious of doing it. The Oud I wear is usually something from Agaraura or Oriscent.

Default Re: How Have Strangers (esp. women) Reacted to Oudh Fragrances?

Once when I had just hurriedly put the (no longer available) Oud flavor of Ajmal Beauty Lotion on my hands shortly before a doctor's appointment, the intake nurse was very complimentary, and asked what perfume I was wearing. (It actually took me a minute to realize what she meant, because I wasn't wearing any perfume!)

While I waited for the doctor, every few minutes, someone else (not just women, men too) would come in, breathe deep, and tell me how good I smelled - they were all telling each other oh you must go smell the woman in Exam Room 4!
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

For me the reactions have been pretty positive.

Basenotes Institution

Well it is a well known fact, for me, that Black Aoud by Montale is my #1 Compliment Whore scent. Seriously.

I've only encountered oudh on someone once. I was doing some market research interviews for work and one lady that was being interviewed was wearing an attar of some sort. It was very strong, and easily filled the interview room. I thought it smelled amazing, but my co-workers said she "stunk." Those coworkers were not fragrance aficionados, though, so it was probably a very unusual smell to them.

Sur la Plage

Only very positive comments when I have worn Montale Black Aoud.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

As mentioned Montale's Black Aoud always gets compliments but I'm not sure if it's for the oud or the rose/patchouli combo.
    However, I never got a compliment when I wore Oriscent's pure oud oil.