Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOtD Thursday the 22th of July

Guerlain's Metallica, a summery carnation vanilla...

Default Re: SOtD Thursday the 22th of July

Happy Thursday

Today it's time for a comforting floriental aroma:ivy,violet and tea!Floriental Kapsule by Lagerfeld !Thanks my dear Esther for this one
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Thumbs up Re: SOtD Thursday the 22th of July

Pierre Montale's

RED VETYVER

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Vintage Ma Griffe.

Reads as an aldehydic green floral on me, quite soft. Sometimes I wish it had more of that green galbanum claw the ad hints at.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Coco
    de Chanel

Eau de Parfum

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Caron Eau de Reglisse.

Top Notes: Lemon Verbena, Green Mandarin
    Middle Notes: Ginger, Liquorice
    Base Notes: Vanilla, Patchouli, Nutmeg

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Bois de Violette (SL) today. I´ve been wishing for a FB of this one for quite a while now, but so far I´ve only bought decants...

Have a terrific Thursday all!
    Last edited by musse; 22nd July 2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Called my SotD "Un Bois Violette"...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Good morning everyone Another rainy day here in Tromsř ( WHERE DID THE SUMMEr GO?!) So far we've had maybe 2 or 3 warm and sunny days this summer.... Anyway, off to meet my bestfriend for coffee later, then I really need to get going on the reading for the oral exam again! Sotd is Trouble. Have problems smelling it because of my blocked nose, but it felt like a perfect day for it non the less

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tumulte pour Homme today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

We are finally back home.

M., I wrote you two messages, one got lost in the cusp of the hour server problem, I will try to write again.

Congratulations to E.!

Good weekend to all of our Bostonians -- those who live there and those who are joining them for this coming weekend.

Love to Miss Tao -- many of you know that we have already had a meetup (as a part of the World Meetup program, I suppose) and vacationed in South Carolina at Miss Tao's place -- and then again, Mr.T and I were trying to do it for the last three years but only now our plans worked out. Mr.T is a pain you know where and I am a pill and a half. Miss Tao, in her turn, is nothing but the world's most loving person I know of.

Yesterday I was secretly obsessing in CK, today I am in Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac (as decanted from Miss Tao's stash).

It is raining here, I will clean some, do some reading and cook something Italian.

cusp of the hour server problem
    I've been wondering what that's called. Welcome home, Twolf!

I'm wearing Estee Lauder's Pleasures, the original one, which has a coolness to it that works well in summer for me. We're going back up to triple digits again. Yuck.

Have a good day, all.

Good Morning All. My SOTD is FRESH'S 'Sugar Lychee' Another day of blistering heat!! Stay cool everyone and have a safe trip to our fellow B/N's going to Boston. )

Hello everyone!

Hi Twolf - welcome back! I missed you, but I'm so glad to hear you had a great time with LadyTao!

I'm in a beautiful cloud of soapy roses and ambergris, thanks to Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie (and to Twolf for introducing me to this marvel many moons ago!)

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Good morning everyone! I'm Hermes Caleche eau Delicate - a workaday scent for another workaday. This one is nice, although not terribly exciting - kind of like work

Afternoon all,

you all smell gorgeous!!! Inees, you can have some of our summer, southern Sweden is melting away! I can't move in this heat, I'm so pleased I have one more week off work after this one.

The heat is making me crave sweet scents, loads of sweet flowers. Hence, I'm in Murmure by Van Cleef and Arpel, this totally underrated treasure.

So happy to hear there was a meet up for Twolf and Tao ~ certainly you ladies (and the Mr.T) enjoyed yourselves immensely!

I'm out of my mind with excitement about traveling into Boston tomorrow for a glorious scent filled/basenoter filled weekend! Been looking forward to it for a long time!

For today, I'm in Dior Homme - a little gifty from kewart! xoxo

Hi ubu! I haven't seen you around here in ages - have you been vacationing too? Have a wonderful time in Boston, and remember to take lots of pictures!

Twolf: lucky you to get together with the glorious Tao!

And best wishes to all the Lucky Ones who gather in Boston this weekend. I am so sorry to miss it all, but my work demands are intense right now.

I am wearing Havana Vanille.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm in the light and refreshing Orange Nectar Honeysuckle body mist by Ann Taylor-- light orange blossom and honeysuckle.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back, Wolfie!
    Best wishes to everyone attending the Boston meetup. I know you all will have a blast!

Le Labo Rose 31

Cheers, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hi ubu! I haven't seen you around here in ages - have you been vacationing too? Have a wonderful time in Boston, and remember to take lots of pictures!
    Hey! My camera's been tempermental lately, but I'll bring it along anyway! TRuthfully, I've been spending alot of time on Facebook. If you're interested in "friending" me, send me a pm and we'll hook up!

Tous in Heaven

Basenotes Institution

This morning I am wearing Bulgarian Rose Otto 10 % .Fab stuff and can't get enough of it !

Wishing everyone a good and a happy day ahead !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I'm in the light and refreshing Orange Nectar Honeysuckle body mist by Ann Taylor-- light orange blossom and honeysuckle.
    30 Roses, you are the ONLY person other than myself who I've ever seen mention that fragrance. I have that one and AT Peach, Honey & Sheer Musk as well. I bought them at an after Christmas sale with the matching body lotions. They had several different scents, and they were all pretty nice as I recall. You smell lovely today. Enjoy!

Kisses to Ubu!

Big hello to Ubu!!!

I am wearing Eau d'Oolong today. I think the top notes are starting to turn, so I better wear it.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Mazzolari-Fleurs D'Oranger

I was scent twins with Twolf in Secret Obsession last night. Today I'm attending an software seminar, so I needed something bright and cheery to keep me alert - L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger.

Sent fromi my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Amouage Tribute.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Dior's Dolce Vita from a sample. But I'm not feeling the love on this one.

Welcome back, Twolfe.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I forgot to spritz this morning, but found an evaporated decant of Theorema in my purse and scraped what oil residue was left. lol

Basenotes Institution

So jealous of all of you going to Boston this weekend...have FUN!

Wearing...

Gris Clair by Serge Lutens

I intentionally over applied this, and the ashy, dry lavender is engulfing me (in a good way)

Good morning to all from western Canada, on a muggy day here. Can't do the heat - I get like a wilted lettuce leaf. I'm in Azzaro today, sharp & citrusy to me. I'm green with envy of the Boston weekend. I couldn't go due to work & personal commitments, but maybe next year...?

Mmm, the EL Private Collection Tuberose & Gardenia scent is on my test list, Candy Perfume Boy. Is it as good as it sounds?

Have a memorable trip to Boston, you lucky folks!
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

I'm wearing Jessica Simpson Fancy today. Yes, I admit it. :-)

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

Chanel N°22

From a sample ... easily my fave Les Exclusifs,
    but then again; I am an aldehyde whore!

Quote Originally Posted by coopmom View Post
    Dior's Dolce Vita from a sample. But I'm not feeling the love on this one.
    Shock! Horror! You're being blasphemic!

Blog Entries

Welcome back, TWolf! Your plan for the day sounds fabulous!

Have fun everybody who's in Boston!

I am trying Dior Addict. I like it, but I cannot pinpoint it! When I raise my arm to my nose to smell, I am not even sure I smell anything, but as I sit and type I am surrounded by a comfortable cloud of a slightly sweet (but not candy-sweet) aroma of berry leaves, berries, and woods. I was expecting to get more floral notes, but nope! Not yet, at least. I bet the sample will be gone in no time as I try to figure it out!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Passage d'Enfer today. This is a good incense for hot weather, since the lily and aloe note add a bit of coolness.

Welcome home Twolf. A vacation with Ms Tao sounds like a lot of fun!

Wearing my (lately neglected) Barbara Bui. I find it to be sooooo comforting... and delicate but persistent. The soft incense is nice in this high humidity.

Hope you all have smooth traveling to Boston! Looking forward to reports of all your fragrant fun?
    Welcome back Twolf! How nice you got to see Miss Tao!
    Evangeline, I love that painting!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    So happy to hear there was a meet up for Twolf and Tao ~ certainly you ladies (and the Mr.T) enjoyed yourselves immensely!

I'm out of my mind with excitement about traveling into Boston tomorrow for a glorious scent filled/basenoter filled weekend! Been looking forward to it for a long time!

For today, I'm in Dior Homme - a little gifty from kewart! xoxo
    Hi UbU !!! Waving very happily at you in anticipation of meeting you! Have safe travels to Boston
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Twolf: lucky you to get together with the glorious Tao!

And best wishes to all the Lucky Ones who gather in Boston this weekend. I am so sorry to miss it all, but my work demands are intense right now.

I am wearing Havana Vanille.
    Hi Therese - Thanks for the well wishes...I will bring you along in spirit!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

SotD is Guerlain Rose Barbare. Gorgeous, boozy, wine and musty roses. Hmmmm...my description might not make it sound gorgeous, but it truly is! A rose chypre to behold.

AG Rose Absolue

Basenotes Institution

All those off to Boston- have a fun safe sniffing trip ! Bring back many reports !
    Welcome back Twolf !

Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie this afternoon. In Love !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Wearing my new arrival -My Voyage by Nautica and finding it very refreshing in this summer heat in Alabama. Tea, aquatic,floral -AHHHHHHHHH! so nice!

We have probably wore Miss Tao out -- see how she is not posting much? :-) But these server problems are very irritating.

I will change into D&G Red Cap (for the newbies: try to look it up in the Directory, will ya? hahahaha) for the evening.

Kenzo pour Homme Fresh

Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc

Shock! Horror! You're being blasphemic!
    I'm sorry, Your Majesty....I really wanted to like it, too. So I guess I shouldn't tell you about my Poison(ous) experience, huh?
    Last edited by coopmom; 23rd July 2010 at 12:17 AM.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Am BUSY, busy, busy!!! But that said, the SOTD was Annayaké Miyako's nice temple incense deepened with a little spritzy-poo of Angela Flanders Oudh Noir... followed by the SoTA of 3rd Man... followed this eve. by a little Ysatis with a tiny spritz of Miyako. I needed loads of scent to waft from me today and those combos certainly did it!

(now I go collapse. Maybe.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Hi y'all -

My sote is Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea. This is one of those mellow honeyed florals that seems to come alive in the heat, just like real honeysuckle and orange blossoms (and it supposedly has a syringa note, but I don't get any lilac from it.) Every time I wear this I'm more impressed by its subtle and natural-seeming beauty.

SotE: Annick Goutal Vétiver.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Eau de Parfum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

SotE is Hermes again - Vetiver Tonka. Smoooooooth vetiver, thanks to the tonka bean and to JCE's blending.

Blog Entries

SOTE is LouLou!
    I wanted to try this one for-ev-er!! Now thanks to my friend I am a happy owner of a 2.5 ml decant. I think I will be liking it just fine!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Richard James tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hey, everyone! You smell really fine! My SotD is Magnolia Romana. My husband really loves it on me – I think because of the basil. :-)

mmm... Haunani! Every time I brush up against the basil in my garden now I'll think of you!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    mmm... Haunani! Every time I brush up against the basil in my garden now I'll think of you!
    Hello, you Garden Diva! Yep, this one has "purple basil" listed as the first note. It's yummy! I'm still wishing for the perfect rosemary cologne, though, as I think that's the most intoxicating of the herbs!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOtD Thursday the 22th of July

Un Jardin Apre Le Mousson by Hermes.

It was Ava Luxe's Figue Noir for me today. Such a delicious woodsy fig frag - so sad that Serena's not offering it on Etsy right now.
    Come visit me at Polish, Platforms, Perfume!

Currently rocking: Annick Goutal Songes

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    30 Roses, you are the ONLY person other than myself who I've ever seen mention that fragrance. I have that one and AT Peach, Honey & Sheer Musk as well. I bought them at an after Christmas sale with the matching body lotions. They had several different scents, and they were all pretty nice as I recall. You smell lovely today. Enjoy!

Kisses to Ubu!
    If only they made a stronger version! This is the most realistic honeysuckle I've come across.