Code of Conduct

Thread: Katy Perry Purr

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Katy Perry Purr

Another celebrity scent..........

From nstperfume.com:

Katy Perry will launch Purr in November. The new fragrance was “inspired by Perry’s Catwoman stage costume”. Perry also noted that Gwen Stefani’s Harajuku Lovers project was “my example of how I want to do things”.

Purr features notes of peach, apple, green bamboo, jasmine, freesia, Bulgarian rose, vanilla orchid, white amber, sandalwood and musk.

Katy Perry Purr will be available at Nordstrom in a cat-shaped bottle, in 30, 50 and 100 ml ($36-65).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Katy Perry Purr

It was created by Firmenich. How does that come about? Who approaches whom? From this article, it appears that it was her idea...

http://earsucker.com/2010/07/22/katy...urr-fragrance/ But then does she go to Firmenich and say, "I want you to create a fragrance for me?" Who provides the up front money? She must be a mega star if they're staking serious money on this. I read Chandler Burr's parallel accounts of Coty's creation/marketing of SJP's Lovely and the development of Hermès Jardin sur le Nil. I wonder if it's the same process here as with SJP. Anyway, good luck to her.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points Lilybelle. Anyway , I would love to see the cat shaped bottle at the very least !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

I like her music, but it doesn't sound particularly interesting as a fragrance, oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Those Harajuku Lovers scents are a gateway drug to perfumania, so clearly this is a good thing.

I was in Sephora, snooping through their feminines for the occasional jewel, when a dad brought his teen daughter and her friends/sisters in - apparently as a reward for good grades or something - and the entire group was all over those scents, mostly for the packaging. Cute is definitely a moneymaker.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Katy Perry Purr

From The Scented Salamander:

Pop singer Katy Perry has launched her debut fragrance with Purr, a scent which is meant to embody her tastes in perfume as well as her personality. The artist says she is confident Purr won't smell like anything else on the market, which may appear to be quite the bold and over-confident statement in a reality thronged with smell-alikes. At any rate, the product is a celebrity fragrance to the hilt. As Perry states for instance regarding the choice of name for the juice, "I'm a very lyrical-based person, and the whole 'purr' thing kept coming back - the sound is in perfume, perfect, even Perry if you say it a certain way."...

The theme of inspiration is the myth of catwoman and of her suit in particular. Obviously, we'll need to analyze that. Perry is photographed by Miles Aldridge for the advert in the style of the toyland atmosphere she likes to develop for her songs.The licensee for the perfume is Gigantic Parfums.
    "Purr by Katy Perry begins with the aroma of peach nectar and forbidden apple, evolves with a distinct floral bouquet of jasmine blossom, Bulgarian rose and vanilla orchid, and slowly reveals accents of creamy sandalwood and musk. Like the singer herself, Purr is playful yet sophisticated. Katy Perry transcends barriers with her music—so does her new fragrance."
    The scent is now available at Nordstrom, $45 for 1.7 fl oz and $65 for 3.4 fl oz.

The scent doesn't sound that great but I LOVE the bottle!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Post Thanks / Like

The bottle is super-cute, but I have to laugh at this:

The artist says she is confident Purr won't smell like anything else on the market
    Yes, we have such a tragic dearth of apple/jasmine/vanilla perfumes with woody musk bases to choose from!
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

^ I lol'd too.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    The bottle is super-cute, but I have to laugh at this:

Yes, we have such a tragic dearth of apple/jasmine/vanilla perfumes with woody musk bases to choose from!
    I know! That did make me laugh as well. It's very unusual to see a celebrity release a fruity, musky floral...

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally want to make that bottle walk around on my dresser and meow at the rest of my perfumes, though.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    I know! That did make me laugh as well. It's very unusual to see a celebrity release a fruity, musky floral...
    My thoughts exactly - it sounds just like a fruity floral. Still, the fact that they claim it's something a bit different will probably mean I'll give it a try !

"Like the singer herself, Purr is playful yet sophisticated"
    yup, sophisticated is exactly how one would describe Katy Perry!

Hillaire

That glassy pink floor looks like it would be hard on the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I totally want to make that bottle walk around on my dresser and meow at the rest of my perfumes, though.
    Thanks Thalia.....This cracked me up.....Very playful.....You just have to Love Katy Perry that's for sure!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Adorable kitty kat(y) bottle.

Reminds me of this old Max Factor perfume....

Post Thanks / Like

^Jane, I love that. Sophisti-cat...meow! ^..^

Post Thanks / Like

The bottle is adorable, but I agree that the scent description sounds like so many others. Maybe it will have a vinyl twist to it. Isn't that what cat woman wore?

I bet the commercial will be great. lol

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the cat bottle, but the picture of her in the cat suit is hideous. I'm sure it will be a big hit with pre-teens and cat lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Daly View Post

Oh, dear, I remember these...

I love the novelty of the Katy cat bottle, but I doubt the originality of the scent.

BTW, the YSL Parisienne is said to have a vinyl/lacquer accord.

Thank you for the post, Candy Boy.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Oh, dear, I remember these...

I love the novelty of the Katy cat bottle, but I doubt the originality of the scent.

BTW, the YSL Parisienne is said to have a vinyl/lacquer accord.

Thank you for the post, Candy Boy.
    You're welcome!

I think the vinyl accord in Parisienne is unusual but I doubt were going to see anything interesting in Purr.

I do love Katy Perry though!!

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by shadesofbleu; 6th January 2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: merged threads, so link was not necessary

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Dr. Rudi. Wouldn't it be nice if it smelled really purple, like Poison. Not like Poison, but vivid enough for the color of the bottle rather, which is great.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a sucker for the fruity floral, so will probably give this a try (also the bottle is fab). I don't care much for her music, but anyone prepared to marry Russell Brand deserves a grudging sort of admiration in my book!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure it will be at discounters later this year - Just in time to be Christmas gifts for my nieces.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Daly View Post

That's a beeeoootiful bottle, Jane - love it. I'm not a great fan of Miss Perry myself - don't know why really and yes that cat suit is horrible. Eeeek ! I will still test out the scent though , when I can.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this in Nordstrom. It reminded me of some fruity Suave shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Lemming alert!!!!! .......not

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am sure it will be at discounters later this year - Just in time to be Christmas gifts for my nieces.
    LOL

Bottle-based gateway drug? Bwa-ha-ha! But they'll love you for it, for sure. That bottle is ultimate vanity candy. Good grief - I want one!

The bottle itself is worth the purchase, but the scent is really run-of-the-mill, like some bath shop body spray. For all the cutting edge talk in the marketing, this is just another young women's fruity floral.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, dear Lord, sounds like another attack of the celebrity clone scents! Even though I'm a cat lover and collector of all things catlike, I think I'll give this one a miss.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

the bottle would sure look cute sitting on my dresser >w< (man, all this love for kitties but no foxies ='C, oh well n,n I'll be getting this when the price goes down for X-mas =P I heard on a reveiw on youtube that this scent has a buttery popcorn hint in there somewhere

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a grape-soda smell from this one. Wasn't expecting much to be honest. /: Maybe Purr Intense or Milky Purr might be better.