Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default SOTD, Wednesday 12 October 2011

Afternoon all. I'm in Chene - it's so dry, boozy, savoury, and contemplative. Just perfect for the soggy weather we've been having lately.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Default Re: SOTD, Wednesday 12 October 2011

Today was a day for Derby.

Joining Pamplelune in Lutens today. Back in Fumerie Turque. I told myself I'd wait until I finished my 10ml decant before buying a bottle. I cracked.

Have a lovely hump day all

Good morning!

Lumiere Noir pour Homme

for swap/sale:

Lordy is it Wednesday already? The weeks are flashing past. It will soon be Christmas - aaaargh! Feels wintry as well today - heavy rain, grey skies, cool temps. Will resist the urge to crawl back under the covers and instead apply a liberal dose of Hypnotic Poison.
    That will cheer me up.

Hello all. Diptyque Eau Duelle solid.
    DONNA

Sharing the house with hedonist... Absolue pour le Soir, Francis Kurkdjian today - snugly, warm, naughty and slightly raunchy for a cold, wet, windy day (what the ....!).
    Have a great day nevertheless!

House twin with Pamplelune and gandhajala today. I am wearing Cuir Mauresque

Lucky you guys.

Its still summer here! Its about 86 F right now.

And this is what it looks like out of my office building.

No sign of winter

for swap/sale:

Hello from shiny Greece!
    It's getting warm here in contrast the previous days of cold and rain / +68 Farheneit
    Lalique Le Parfum today
    Enjoy your Wednsday everybody
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Blog Entries

Good morning. My, you all smell intriguing today, lots that I haven't tried.

Hedonist, WE are lucky?? Want swapsies? Bring your thermal underpants and leave your beach towel there for me. Ha ha.

Nothing this morning. Day off, yipee, and heading into town, so I am open to discovering something new. Maybe the new Annick Goutal? Maybe see you later. Take care all.

Morning all! Hope you're all having a bright and shiny day. And if you're not, hugs to you.
    Ah, well this morning I dabbed on something from a mini a friend gave me at a swapsie session. I have no idea what it is! It's OK; an inoffensive aquatic in a dark blue bottle. NOT Cool Water, as it's not too melon-centric.

I'm thinking I'll top off with a favourite - probably an Ava Luxe and most likely Mousse de Chine, since it's my absolute fave of hers, though Bois Exotique is also in the running.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Thumbs up Re: SOTD, Wednesday 12 October 2011

Homme
    de
    Grès
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Teaming up in a Lutens quartet with Pamplelune, Gandhajala, and Coconut. Gris Clair for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Good morning. My, you all smell intriguing today, lots that I haven't tried.

Hedonist, WE are lucky?? Want swapsies? Bring your thermal underpants and leave your beach towel there for me. Ha ha.
    For a weekend maybe.. lol
    for swap/sale:

hedonist, those photos are stunning.

very undecided today and may need to go with Third Man....we'll see. I need a scent to sweep me off my feet today.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good morning good smelling people! I am wearing today the She Wolf by Smell Bent. This is Vanilla and what to me smells like the same 'dirty musk' in the Horny Little Devil. It smells very good to me.

Basenotes Plus

Hey Wordie, nice to see you again! You've been missed.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Teaming up in a Lutens quartet with Pamplelune, Gandhajala, and Coconut. Gris Clair for me.
    And expanding the quartet to a quintet! Datura Noir for me.

Have a lovely day, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Daughter's taking PSAT tests today. Time flies, kids grow so fast.

I sprayed on a bit of fruity greenness today that has a similar vibe to Un Jardin Sur le Toit:
    Love's Rain Forest, a cheapie from the pharmacy.

@hedonist-- nice jar of brushes there behind the perfumes-- are you the painter?
    Join us in discussing Penhaligon's newest feminine, Ostara, a daffodil soliflore by Bertrand Duchafour
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/403...74#post3474074

We also still have room in our Penhaligon's Trade Routes Sample Pass--sign up now!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...antium-Lothair

I decided on Chanel no. 22 and I got my wish about being swept off my feet. Lovely, floral, blousy without being overstated, and very feminine. Just what I needed today! I will leave the Third Man for hubby. (thanks to Twolf for the sample
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Hedonist, I wouldn't get much work done with that view. Although, I suppose, if caught daydreaming and gazing out the window, I could say I was just doing some "blue sky thinking" for a project.

I've got two close quarters meetings today, so I'm going with a light application of my all time favorite fragrance - FM Iris Poudre. They may hate it, but it makes me feel confident and cozy.

Blog Entries

Even more Lutens for tonight! I am in Santal Blanc now.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    hedonist, those photos are stunning.

very undecided today and may need to go with Third Man....we'll see. I need a scent to sweep me off my feet today.
    Thanks ^_^
    I wish it'd get cold.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Daughter's taking PSAT tests today. Time flies, kids grow so fast.

I sprayed on a bit of fruity greenness today that has a similar vibe to Un Jardin Sur le Toit:
    Love's Rain Forest, a cheapie from the pharmacy.

@hedonist-- nice jar of brushes there behind the perfumes-- are you the painter?
    My mom is the artist. She's been painting since she was 14. That was about 38 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Hedonist, I wouldn't get much work done with that view. Although, I suppose, if caught daydreaming and gazing out the window, I could say I was just doing some "blue sky thinking" for a project.

I've got two close quarters meetings today, so I'm going with a light application of my all time favorite fragrance - FM Iris Poudre. They may hate it, but it makes me feel confident and cozy.
    It certainly is a lovely view. My initial office had views of the gulf but a job promotion lead to a bigger office but city view lol
    for swap/sale:

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Givenchy Vetyver.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hello everyone -

Trying something a bit different for ballet class this morning, I'm in vintage-70s Oscar de la Renta (full name, before the de la Renta was dropped) edt. Y'all have a fabulous day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Alfred Dunhill Dunhill Edition this morning
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

Apres L'Ondee for my morning trail walk,from a sample.Have a great day,you gorgeous smelling people!
    The nose wants what it wants!

I finished my 6th and final chemotherapy treatment yesterday--YAAY!! Today, I am at work (though I'll probably be out tomorrow...) and I am wearing Kenzo Flower Oriental. Have a great day, everyone! :-+

Queen Cupcake, congratulations to you!

I have to deal with 4 difficult customers today so I'm in Parfum Sacré by Caron. I LOVE this scent for comfort. It just feels like it embraces me

Congratulations Queen Cupcake!!

Wearing Bvlgari Omnia today. I get a lot of powdery and sweet with this and less of the spices others seem to smell but still like it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by queen cupcake View Post
    I finished my 6th and final chemotherapy treatment yesterday--YAAY!! Today, I am at work (though I'll probably be out tomorrow...) and I am wearing Kenzo Flower Oriental. Have a great day, everyone! :-+
    Best wishes queen!

I'm wearing shalimar, but a little Asrar Attar by Amouage, my big bottle arrived safely today from Kuwait

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Queen cupcake, that is wonderful news!!!

Hedonist, love the views you provided, but I am sorry you are missing the cold (I would be too).

I'm in Jolie Madame today. Take care, all.

Basenotes Member

Congrats and best wishes, queen cupcake! My Mom is in chemo now, so I have some idea of how much strength it takes to get through it all - it must feel great to have completed the final treatment. Also, excellent fragrance choice! Kenzo Flower Oriental is one of my 5-star scents, a bit of an unappreciated gem in my mind. Plus I love the bottle.

I am in Cuir de Lancôme today. I bought it in late September, and it's looking like it's goint to be my most-worn scent for the fall. So gorgeous!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good tidings, all you precious peeps.

Enjoying the photos, Hedonist. Thanks for sharing your view of the world.

After a morning of frantic-spasmonium over something I failed to do for a magazine in production, I whipped together all that was required, and the client will be none the wiser. WHEW! Now I need a scent to calm my nerves. Let's go with ... Attache-Moi.

Carolina Girl--You heard Larry Adler in concert? Your coolness rating is off the chart.

As you guessed, Warum, I've already put bottle #3 on the shelf after having killed off Nan Green bottle #2.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Still in Lutens mood this evening, having unleashed the delight that is Cuir Mauresque.

Great news, Queen Cupcake
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th October 2011 at 07:10 PM.

Enjoying the photos, esp. Hedonist's. Love that desk photo, as well as the blue skies.

It's raining buckets here.

Angelique noire for me.
    Not my favorite. Likable enough but in the end I find it, like my mood, rather...meh.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Tom Ford Azure Lime (from a sample)

Hmm, high end Calvin Crap!

Good Evening Fragrant Folk,

Wonderful news, Queen Cupcake! Wishing you all the very best of health for the future.

Muscs Koublaï Khän for me this evening.

Take care all.

Blog Entries

Congratulations, queen cupcake! I'm sure you are glad to be done with that!
    Join us in discussing Penhaligon's newest feminine, Ostara, a daffodil soliflore by Bertrand Duchafour
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/403...74#post3474074

We also still have room in our Penhaligon's Trade Routes Sample Pass--sign up now!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...antium-Lothair

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Queen cupcake, that is wonderful news!!!

Hedonist, love the views you provided, but I am sorry you are missing the cold (I would be too).

I'm in Jolie Madame today. Take care, all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Good tidings, all you precious peeps.

Enjoying the photos, Hedonist. Thanks for sharing your view of the world.

After a morning of frantic-spasmonium over something I failed to do for a magazine in production, I whipped together all that was required, and the client will be none the wiser. WHEW! Now I need a scent to calm my nerves. Let's go with ... Attache-Moi.

Carolina Girl--You heard Larry Adler in concert? Your coolness rating is off the chart.

As you guessed, Warum, I've already put bottle #3 on the shelf after having killed off Nan Green bottle #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    Enjoying the photos, esp. Hedonist's. Love that desk photo, as well as the blue skies.

It's raining buckets here.

Angelique noire for me.
    Not my favorite. Likable enough but in the end I find it, like my mood, rather...meh.
    Thanks you guys
    for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Congrats, Queen Cupcake!

I am in Chanel #19 Poudre. I am glad I'm giving it a full wear now because I was actually fantasizing about buying a bottle. Be still my beating heart, be killed a lemming -- I am not feeling it quite the same way today. Maybe I underapplied or it's a bad perfume day. I am going for a sample-drain and will decide some day. I just might be limiting my sampling to some of the scents I've been loving lately.

queen cupcake, I am happy for you. My very best wishes!
    It's pouring with rain here too...
    Shalimar EdP tonight.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Bvlgari Black

Uomo? Moschino

Colonia Assoluta by Acqua Di Parma
    Gary

back in bleu

I'm wearing Sweet Redemption today and still loving it. I think I see a full bottle in my future ...

queen cupcake, that is terrific news!

hedonist222, those are killer views ... I would never get any work done!

Blog Entries

Adding my congrats to the group hug for queen cupcake!

Hi Wordie! How is Small? (I think your Small and my Little Drop are roughly the same age....Little Drop is loving 2nd grade - time does fly!)

SOTD: FM L'Eau d'Hiver

Make room in that group hug for me-BIG congratulations to you,queen cupcake!

Caleche tonight,have just drained my bottle of soie de parfum.Don't think I'll be replacing it this time.I do think it's a masterpiece,just not over the moon for it anymore.Sorry Caleche,I love you still but I just don't need you!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Institution

OMG, that Derby picture kills me Dimitri - what a beautiful shot.

I woke up this morning hungry (I was fasting, for a blood test at the doctro's today) and in my hunger thought 'Oh what the hell!' and sprayed this sample on:

Bois Torride by Guerlain

Gosh, it's sweet & has that femininemuskfruitycandyhaze that you've smelled in a million other feminines (marshmallow?) but after a whole day of wearing it the dry down isn't that bad. The name makes me giggle. I can see Thierry Wasser and Sylvaine Delacourte blushing as they came up with it.
    "Human interaction can be hell. Or it can be a great spiritual practice."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Nice view, Hedonist.

Waving hello to Wordbird! It’s so lovely to see you.

((hugs)) to Queen Cupcake!

SotM was Versace edp.

SotE is L'Heure Bleue edp from a decant from a Basenoter that had the ink on the label blurred off. But I knew what it was. I reeeeeaally love this one, despite the powderiness. I've been saving L'Heure Bleue until I could give it some love. The time has come.

Parfums de Nicolai Vie de Chateau
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Hi everyone!

I'm in Dior's Dolce Vita for an evening out; oysters first, then jazz - Delfeayo Marsalis (Wynton's younger brother) & the Uptown Jazz Orchestra...at Snug Harbor...again, lol (we go to Snug a lot!)

queen cupcake - now that's some excellent news! Thanks for sharing it with us, and welcome back!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Wow, Wordbird and Strollyourlobster?! Nice to see you both - it's been a long time.

Chanel No. 19 edt today.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Burberry for Men tonight
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

It's great to see so many old BN friends, and all the new faces here. I've stayed away for too long. Queen Cupcake, I'm adding my hugs and congrats to the rest. Leesee, you are wearing one of my favorites!

I've become seriously hooked on licorice fragrances in the last year. Today I tested Hilde Soliani Saaliiisssiimo, which has listed notes of licorice, saffron, and rice. The combo of salty licorice, nutty rice, and sweet-warm saffron is really yummy! A sophisticated gourmand, for sure.

Image: Yellow Modern Horse Abstract Cave Painting, by Carol Suzanne Niebuhr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Congrats, Queen Cupcake!

I am in Chanel #19 Poudre. I am glad I'm giving it a full wear now because I was actually fantasizing about buying a bottle. Be still my beating heart, be killed a lemming -- I am not feeling it quite the same way today. Maybe I underapplied or it's a bad perfume day. I am going for a sample-drain and will decide some day. I just might be limiting my sampling to some of the scents I've been loving lately.
    I'm lemming this no. 19 Poudre as well...I'm in Givenchy Organza Indecence

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.