Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How many times?

Default Re: How many times?

I usually respray it 1-3 times during a day - depends on fragrance and weather

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    One fragrance a day, never more!

When I'm wearing fragrance, I want to enjoy the full ride, that means untill the basenotes.
    Same here. I only reapply if I go out again in the evening. And I also agree with the wanting to give your nose a rest thing. Constantly wearing a fragrance would to me be like having the radio blasting from morning to bedtime. Don't like that either.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    It's from personal experience.
    Try to have a day without fragrance.
    The next day test a sample.
    You will smell it a lot more brighter, even smelling notes you haven't smelled before in it.
    Maybe it's just my nose that has this, I don't know.
    I'm wondering if the constant exposure to extreme levels of fragrance (e.g people who wear something like 3-5 sprays of a Montale) really is temporarily reducing the olfactory capabilities (by increasing the olfactory stimuli threshold, perhaps?) of a lot of members here. It's the only explanation I can find for so many people complaining of so many fragrances having horrible longevity. Perhaps even, extreme levels of exposure (or perhaps just extended exposure over a certain threshold) to certain chemicals may induce a (temporary... or, eek, permanent?) anosmia to them?

All I know is that I wear 1 or 2 sprays of almost every scent I own or have ever come across, and they all last at least 4 hours, with 90+% lasting 6 hours or more, and the majority lasting over 8. They don't all project the same amount, but for me to consider it still present means I can at least catch an occasional, perhaps light, whiff of it without having to stick my nose down my shirt or any other action intended to intentioanlly smell it.

I just wish people would realize that if you can't smell something after 30 minutes or an hour - especially some modern designer that are typically loaded up with cheap musks and such - it's not because the scent is gone. It's your nose - you're either anosmic or, if you put on more than 2 or 3 sprays, or you sprayed even a single of those on your neck, you've induced olfactory fatigue. There's not a modern designer scent out there that is designed to last an hour or less.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Once a day, with almost no exception from this ground rule
    Currently wearing: Lancetti Uomo by Lancetti

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I wear one SotD only, but when I get home from work, I usually pick a different frag and just spray a shot on the back of my hand, just to be able to sample it for the rest of the evening.
    I pretty much adhere to this format as well.