Code of Conduct

Default Article Pokes fun at IFRA

I've been doing it for years on my little blog, so I'm SO glad to see a mainstream paper skewer IFRA
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...r-fragrance.do

You can comment on the site.
    Anya McCoy - http://anyasgarden.com/
    Best of the Best awards - Perfume: MoonDance, StarFlower, Amberess, Light, Royal Lotus and as
    Project Leader: Outlaw Perfume and Mystery of Musk
    Basic Perfumery Course with lifetime access to the website - http://perfumeclasses.com
    America's First Natural Perfume Line 1991
    First Artisan Perfumer Voted in as member of the American Society of Perfumery 2013

Default Re: Article Pokes fun at IFRA

I could believe that the real purpose of these regulations is to empower our synthetic overlords!

Ironically, I think people will wake up to the beauties of more natural niche products and start turning away from the big houses, simply because of the inherent qualities of the natural ingredients. People are turning from products of the corporate food empires to organic and market goods, so the same is certainly possible in fragrances.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good article-- I'd like to see some mainstream US-based publication print an article on this issue. Most people haven't a clue this is going on in the perfume industry.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Anya - we need lots more articles like this one .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Most people haven’t got a clue this is happening in the perfume industry, and I doubt most people really care. They might sense a difference in their favorite scents, but is it enough to make them stop buying en masse and make the perfume companies wake up, take notice and try a different approach such as an allergen statement? Not yet as far as I can tell.
    I think perfume companies as very happy to be stabilizing their costs and increasing profits by using cheaper synthetic versions of historically-used expensive natural ingredients, and selling the result to a public who can’t, for the most part, discern the difference.
    We aficionados are the ones doomed to suffer for our sensitivity and attachment to a product whose formula is secret, subtle, and at the whim of a large corporation who doesn’t care about any “art” of perfumery, only growing its brand. We, who are not part of any large perfume company’s target market, should definitely support small boutique/niche perfumers who are in business for their dedication to the craft and dare to do it their own way using real ingredients.
    I think ryanm’s above analogy to the food industry is right on.
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

Blog Entries

Thanks, Anya! I just loved this comment...

Perfume is toxic trash. It doesn't smell good. It just plain stinks! I'm glad it's being regulated. These ingredients aren't mere allergens for "some" people. They are proven poisons. Some are even listed as hazardous waste. Please, if you wish to wear hazardous waste, don't poison everyone around you too. Use some common scents. We all share the air space.

- Lourdes Salvador, US of America, 17/07/2010 04:13
    Thankfully, she does not share very much of my airspace... so I can enjoy my toxic waste in peace.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Thanks, Anya! I just loved this comment...

Thankfully, she does not share very much of my airspace... so I can enjoy my toxic waste in peace.

Ditto !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.