Code of Conduct

Default I Love Armani Code...

I wore a sample to work today, and I just love the slight vanilla scent to it. However, my skin doesn't seem to hold onto it very well.

Are there any similar fragrances I should try in or around this category of fragrance? I feel like I ask too many questions here. Sorry all! :P

Default Re: I Love Armani Code...

Try Armani Attitude, much better IMO.

Point Blank

See if you like Bvlgari Black.

If you like vanilla, then trying Guerlains is a must. Start with Habit Rouge EDT, a citrus leather with vanilla.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

For vanilla, Le Male is potent with that note and should last a good deal of time.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I would also recommend Rochas Man. A nice sweet scent with some mocha notes.

xeryus rouge and bulgari black maybe
    they are both intelligently sweet, and has more interesting stuff going IMO

Thanks for the suggestions! I have a sample of Le Male, and although a nice scent, it's a bit more powdery than I would prefer.

I will try the others hopefully this weekend. Any other recommendations would be great!

Rochas Man

Escada Magnetism for Men.

La Nuit de L' Homme is almost equally subtle although Code has a stronger opening blast imo. By strong I do not me A*Men strong btw, they are subtle fragrances though most fragrances are on my skin. Imo, Armani Code is like strong citrus that quickly becomes spicy and later vanilla (tonka bean) once it reaches the basenotes. The immediate opening is sharp but it quickly dies down and becomes very subtle.

La Nuit De L'Homme on the other hand has a very faint opening of light tea which smoothly transitions into a chocolate and vanilla base. Many say it has moderate projection but my nose could only detect it subtly. Worth a try nonetheless
    50 mL (99.9%) Abercrombie Fierce available for swap. Basically brand new; cap, box, and receipt included. Open to all reasonable offers so send me a PM

Nice vanilla scent is Givenchy Pi.

Quote Originally Posted by xiton View Post
    I feel like I ask too many questions here. Sorry all! :P
    Don't ask = Don't know!

Rochas Man and Le Male.

If you ever delve into niche fragrances, you'll realise how good Rochas Man actually is (although not as vanilla-ey as some of the others mentioned).

I have a problem too with my skin swallowing up scents sooner than I like So I also like to give my T-shirt a spritz before I put on my nice shirt. This will help hold the scent around longer I just went to Nordstroms and picked up 5 of their plain atomizers, they have fancy 'jeweled' ones, too. The plain ones only cost $5 and they hold *a half ounce or 15ml* for you metricheads which is a good sized compact atomizer. It comes with little velvet like satchel which I don't use. These are great to stuff in an office drawer, the glove box of your car or day bag for a little scent refresher during the day.

I love Code, too. There are some frags similar to it but I like Code the best, might as well wear what you like. The atomizers help you take your scent with you and not have to carry the whole bottle.

I love Rochas Man as well. It's just a totally different frag than Code. Softer, sweeter and a bit more feminine. Pi is another of love but again it's different in many ways. I have all of those and Code seems a bit more versatile than the other two to my taste. But you can't go wrong with any of those in my book.

Another that has a similar range of Code is Arpege pour Homme. It's more earthy, a bit more sweet but it really is a great frag and you can usually get it cheap at Marshalls, that's where I got mine.

*Edit: Did some comparing between a 1oz/30ml bottle I have and the atomizers from Nordstroms and it appears though they say on their website it's 15ml capacity it really looks more like 10ml. It can't be more than a third the volume than the 30ml bottle I was comparing it to. Plus after the tube and such gets down in there you are probably looking at like 8ml real capacity without it spilling over putting it back together.*
    Last edited by Pipsta; 24th July 2010 at 10:40 PM.

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Hovo View Post
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    indeed
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

The closest scent to Armani Code that I've ever smelled was Zegna Intenso, and it seemed to be a fair bit stronger and last longer than Code. Might be worth checking out.

Another you might consider is Armani Diamonds which is similar in structure but in place of the vanillic twist is a cocoa twist.

(I've also read that Dali's Black Sun is quite similar to Code, but can't confirm as I've not sampled it yet).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

To me Armani Code is a modern Armani hit. The olive flower note in the heart notes and the guaiac wood + tonka combo in the base is an inspired combo. It could do with higher quality citrus notes in the top but I give the composition a thumbs up.
    -

La Nuit De L'Homme is similar to Armani Code overall without being all that similar in scent.
    La Nuit is not powdery, slightly sweeter and spicier, with chocolate and vanilla feel with a tea like base. It isn't creamy but rather 'clear' and I much prefer it though I do really like Code.

Saks for him is like Armani Code minus citrus, less sweet, more woody and added chili scent
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Black Sun/Salvador Dali
    Seduction in Black/Antonio Banderas
    Armand Basi Homme

Burberry Brit for men is similar

I Love this and so does my Wife!!!
    Gary

Givenchy Pi Neo, Givenchy Play and Salvatore Ferragamo - Ferragamo F share quite a vibe with Armani Code.

Basenotes Plus

Also try Givenchy Play.

Wow, I think Givenchy Play is nothing like Code. I also prefer the Play intense to the original. Intense has a warm inviting aura about it while the Play has the dominant notes without the aura. Funny how the notes smell great enveloped in the backdrop of Intense but when they stand alone in the original it doesn't have the same vibe to it. Kind of hallow and cheap smelling without the Intense backdrop.

Yeah, really nice dry down on Code. I find John Varvatos to be similar to it.

If you want something that has opening and middle notes almost identical to Code I came across Karen Low Black and it's uncanny how nearly identical the top and middle notes are. Although it dries down to a woody smoother base as opposed to the more spicy base of Code. I preferred Code as the KL Black just disappeared on me after 2 hours. I could smell it but had to put my nose directly on my wrist to find it.

One idea is Samba Nova for Men, because it's similar to Le Male but not nearly as strong and one-dimensional. If you like rosewood and mint, this is worthy of serious consideration, and costs around $10 for 100 ml.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    To me Armani Code is a modern Armani hit. The olive flower note in the heart notes and the guaiac wood + tonka combo in the base is an inspired combo. It could do with higher quality citrus notes in the top but I give the composition a thumbs up.
    agreed

As much as ppl (including myself) would like to find something like Armani Code, there just isnt anything quite like it. And i like the thought of that

While i love Armani Code, i dont really want anything that attempts to replicate it. Just get the actual real deal and Armani Code is definitely a fragrance i'd say is worth every penny. Don't try to go cheap with an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    La Nuit De L'Homme is similar to Armani Code overall without being all that similar in scent.
    La Nuit is not powdery, slightly sweeter and spicier, with chocolate and vanilla feel with a tea like base. It isn't creamy but rather 'clear' and I much prefer it though I do really like Code.

Saks for him is like Armani Code minus citrus, less sweet, more woody and added chili scent
    Wow, we think alike... +1.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    Wow, we think alike... +1.
    Me three! Isn't it cool when you find somebody whose nose is close to yours? I can now add MFR and Axcell to my list. Actually I had spotted MFR as a similar nose when he first came on here, but this just confirms it. Keep your eye on mikeperez23 - his nose really registers for me.

Tomo by Annayake

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme View Post
    agreed

As much as ppl (including myself) would like to find something like Armani Code, there just isnt anything quite like it. And i like the thought of that
    I like Armani Code too, but it's far from unique. It's pretty much the most on-trend fragrance around!

Glad you love it. Unfortunately for me it reminds me of a chemical toilet on a bus trip I took when I was very young and still under the control of a parent or legal guardian. An unavoidable situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme View Post
    agreed

While i love Armani Code, i dont really want anything that attempts to replicate it. Just get the actual real deal and Armani Code is definitely a fragrance i'd say is worth every penny. Don't try to go cheap with an alternative.
    I agree..... If You Love Code.....Go with Code.....No alternatives for me either.....My Wife Loves Code on me and will settle for nothing that tries to smell like Code!!!
    Gary

These don't smell like Code, but to my nose they are the designer brand Tonka heavyweight champs, and it seems to be the Tonka note that you like:

Versace The Dreamer
    Joop Homme