Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances with Numbers in the names - what could they mean?

Any frags with numbers in the names you know of? Any joking guesses at what they might mean?

Oh Knize Ten, how thee is loved. Ten? What's Ten?
    Ten - the number of times I've got to shower to get it off
    Ten - the number of women in line to smell my glorious odour while wearing this frag
    Ten - the number of bottles I've gone through

jo malone 154 - the number of seconds you can smell it for...

... well, you get the idea
    Have at it!
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Fragrances with Numbers in the names - what could they mean?

I'm no perfume expert. But for example with M7 by YSL, it's their 7th fragrance for men from the house of YSL.

I know Herrera 212 Men comes from the area code from New York

As well, in Turin's The Guide, the authors connected the number for ( Givenchy) Pi to the amount of seconds it keeps their interest .... 3.14 seconds to be somewhat exact.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Wicken 3000: 3000 hours of longevity.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I'm no perfume expert. But for example with M7 by YSL, it's their 7th fragrance for men from the house of YSL.
    M7 - 7 - the number of decade you have to be living and breathing to enjoy this fragrance.

Sorry, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I did find this to be a very mature smell for my tastes though.

Halston z-14, because it only costs $14!

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Plus

No joking guesses to offer, but I have read where 1000 came from for 1000 by Jean Patou. It comes from the number of submissions that were rejected before the scent was chosen.

i personally think it's a nice way to label a fragrance. creates a sort of "musthavebility" of a particular series + doesnt give off any indication of what the smell be like hence you can make your own interpretation

uh gawd, y'all too serious. This was meant to be an over the top joke about numbers in frags and what they might mean...

Chanel no 22 = 22, the number of flowers they crammed in there

Floris No. 89 = address number of store in London.

Basenotes Plus

PR 1 Million - because that's how much you would have to pay me to wear it.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 5th September 2010 at 07:29 AM.

Le Labo Rose 31 = have 31 ingredients in it.. same like others le labo..

It works as well alphabetically as it does numerically. Preparation H is an unqualified success. But what became of the testers for Preparation A to G?

An old but fun thread.
    Chanel no. 5: Coco Chanel chose the vial labeled Nš 5 from the two series of Rallet Nš 1 adaptations that Beaux presented her. And so he fifth bottle came no. 5.
    Chanel no. 19: The number 19 was chosen to commemorate Coco Chanel's birthday.

An old but fun thread.
    Chanel no. 5: Coco Chanel chose the vial labeled Nš 5 from the two series of Rallet Nš 1 adaptations that Beaux presented her. And so he fifth bottle came no. 5.
    Chanel no. 19: The number 19 was chosen to commemorate Coco Chanel's birthday.