Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance and Hair

I have heard that fragrance lasts longer if it is on hair or clothing. Do you guys ever put fragrance in your hair?

Default Re: Fragrance and Hair

I never put fragrance on my hair.

You can spray into the air, then walk through it, to see if you like that application better.

For fear of it turning green...no

Yes, although I have a pretty much shaved head, fragrance does seem to last longer on the last vestiges which abide on my head.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Yes, I do apply to clothing if I have any issues with longevity. I have also applied some frags to my hair. And yes, this works to increase longevity.

Dependent

When I used to have slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length hair, I would spray around my neck area and intentionally get some on my hair. I've since had my hair cut short, and I don't really have the habit of spraying onto my head.

So now, no.

If wearing fragrance oils, I'll run a little swipe through the beard. Throughout the day it'll rub into the collar of my shirt a bit. I seem to get better longevity out of the frag this way.

I always spray fragrance on my hair (worn in a chin-length bob). It does last much longer that way, and also diffuses better and gives more sillage. I also get a different effect than when I spray it on skin, probably because the composition evaporates more slowly and because it comes from a different distance than when I smell my wrist.
    And since I wash my hair every day, it's better than spraying clothes, where the scent will stick around, sometimes even after a wash, and interfere with other scents I'm wearing.

when I spay liberally, I spray and on my hair..hair keeps the scent
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    One can not prove the beauty, but show it. You see it or you don't.

Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) Guerlain Habit Rouge 5) TF Noir de Noir \\ Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Thumbs up Re: Fragrance and Hair

Yes ! it lasts longer and more noticeable. I always do it
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 23rd July 2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

Sur la Plage

I think this thread is very discriminatory to those who are follically challenged.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think this thread is very discriminatory to those who are follically challenged.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. LOL... Maybe I can spray my beard, although the thought of scent emanating from around my mouth sounds weird!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman
    Currently wearing: Knize Ten by Knize

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    LOL! But it's true, from my experience. Whenever an ex-girlfriend wears a Montale, her scent fills the room. No such luck with Mr No.1, even after applying twice as much...
    Last edited by Trebor; 23rd July 2010 at 02:33 PM.

Sometimes I spray my dogs with Jovan Sex Appeal (a Luca Turin Favorite), and they smell great for days!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Sometimes I spray my dogs with Jovan Sex Appeal (a Luca Turin Favorite), and they smell great for days!
    No comment...

Yes, occasionally I do spray some fragrance on my hair, both the lasting power and the projection of the frag being quite good after such procedure
    Currently wearing: Lancetti Uomo by Lancetti

chest hair baby, that's all I gotta say.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by carmencanada View Post
    I always spray fragrance on my hair (worn in a chin-length bob). It does last much longer that way, and also diffuses better and gives more sillage. I also get a different effect than when I spray it on skin, probably because the composition evaporates more slowly and because it comes from a different distance than when I smell my wrist.
    And since I wash my hair every day, it's better than spraying clothes, where the scent will stick around, sometimes even after a wash, and interfere with other scents I'm wearing.
    Me too!