Code of Conduct

Question Long Lasting Pure Citrus?!

While I do really enjoy Pamplemousse Rose and Eau D'Orange Verte they don't last. While I like the initial opening of Little Italy and it's longevity, it just falls flat after 30 min.

I've heard good things about Bigarade Comcentree and Orange Sanguine. I prefer orange, tangerine, grapefruit and clementine over say lemons and limes though I do not want to smell like floor cleaner lol

Suggestions!? =)
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Default Re: Long Lasting Pure Citrus?!

You mentioned grapefruit and orange, check out Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune and
    Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain. These 2 considering they're both EDT, last quite long.

No offense, but while the two mentioned Guerlains are longer-lasting than the average citrus, they are not pure nor preponderantly natural, to my nose. On the chemical/obnoxious side, rather.

( I like the Guerlain Eaux much better, but they are short-lived.)

When it comes to citrus, there is a trade-off, in my experience. Probably the most beautiful and purest citrus fragrance I know is Creed Citrus Bigarrade (when fresh), but long-lasting it ain't.
    Last edited by Addict; 23rd July 2010 at 02:02 AM.

I'm a citrus dude, and Biggarade Concentree smelled terrible imo. Regular Cologne Biggarade was very good with poor longevity, but the concentre was filled with some greyed/muted awful note that smelled industrial.

Haven't tried Orange Sanguione yet, but I'm ordering some samples in the next few days.

So far the citrus-dominant/soliflore scents I truly like (hermes CDOV, Selection Verte, Truefitt/Trumpers Limes) still have poor longevity, so I just apply at insanely high levels. CDOV sticks very well to clothing at high applications. Other considerations as the floral/neroli notes raise the longevity, are Maitre's Pour Le Jeune, Penhaligon's Castile, and of course Acqua Di Parma Colonia. But again, these might be too floral, and will still require heavy applications.

I've been searching for the same thing, and it doesn't exist so far.
    All the really good Citruses, including the profumum, C&S, and miller harris, last no longer than CDOV.
    GFT is the closest to a super-long lasting citrus, but it is very tart/sour, not as much what you describe looking for.

I'm crossing my fingers for the Heeley Clement, and Orange Sanguine, as well as Tauer's Orange Star.

Basenotes Institution

Orange Sanguine is great, please try it. Other long lasting citruses are Moustache (vintage juice) by Rochas (lime), Acqua Viva by Profumum (lemon) and Philtre d'Amour by Guerlain (lemon & a bit of verbena).

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    You mentioned grapefruit and orange, check out Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune and
    Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain. These 2 considering they're both EDT, last quite long.
    I wouldn't say either is "pure" or natural, and neither has great longevity, but I will say this:

I am a big fan of the synthetic Mandarin note Guerlain used in Mandarine Basilic. But the complimentary notes are far too feminine imo. If Guerlain, based on that Mandarin note, made a truly unisex citrus, in the style similar to how hermes has a great unisex in the d'orange verte's, where there is actually quite alot of subtle art going on, and not just minimalism, Guerlain could have a giant long-term winner. That mandarin note is synthetic, yes, but excellent, unlike Little Italy which is synthetically awful.

For tangerine, consider Miller Harris' Tangerine Vert. To me, it is analagous to EdOV, but centered on tangerine on the top. It is EDP strength, and has better longevity than the Hermes' offering (but perhaps shorter than many EDPs).

While I didn't enjoy the Orange Sanguine, it does last a good while.

I do not like the Bigarade Concentree; it is marred by a rubbery note. I do recommend Creed's Citrus Bigarrade though (assuming you like bitter oranges).

I agree on Acqua Viva being a long lasting lemon. And a very bright one too.

I find Escale a Portofino to have a long-lasting and beautifully juicy lemon note.
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Blog Entries

Isn't citrus short-lasting by nature? atleast in fragrances that is

Laura Tonatto - Iss
    Laura Tonatto - Albi

However, those are not pure citrus' either...