Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Ungaro III smell anything like Zino?

I am considering blind buying this, however I strongly dislike Zino, I don't want to get it if it smells anything like it. If not, could you possibly compare Ungaro III to another fragrance in smell? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does Ungaro III smell anything like Zino?

Ungaro III smells nothing like Zino. There really isn't anything similar out there to compare it to...

The reformulated U3 is more like Eternity for men with some rose, from what I remember. I found it to be "soapy," and a bit "synthetic." There may be some fairly strong lavender in both, but that's the only possibly significant similarity I can think of, but it's true for a huge number of men's frags.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Ungaro III smells nothing like Zino. There really isn't anything similar out there to compare it to...
    +1.

I have both. Definitely not the same. Zino opens with a blast of spices and herbs and cloves and dries down to a sweet rose. Not really pleasant on the first impression.

Ungaro III seems aquatic on the first spray but dries down with a sweet note. Almost bordering from being generic but not really, which is good.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never smelled Zino, but the reformulated Ungaro III smells to me a bit like Drakar Noir, just more complex (and more enjoyable), with added notes of rose and coriander.

Maybe that helps, granted you've smelled Drakar Noir.

I agree with L'Aventurier. Not the same, but for reference sake, think of DN. UIII belongs to that "black" genre of scents. It is a quality fragrance (in spite of the reported reformulation--never smelled the vintage) and has a persistent sandalwood drydown.

Post Thanks / Like

Ungaro III is nothing like Zino. They're both kind of dark, the latter being warm and erotic and Ungaro is fresher and I can say it could fall under ˝elegant˝ category. There is sort of a ˝cold distance˝ and mystique in this scent, Ungaro III that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite different from each other indeed. Zino is a rather formal powerhouse, while Ungaro III is more decisively on the slightly softer, more experimental, aromatic-floral side

Oh not in the slightest, Ungaro III is far deeper, darker and smoother. My gf melts when I wear it she finds it sexy as hell whereas she's meh about Zino.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

No way, Zino is darker, sweeter, more romantic and 80s powerhouse. Ungaro III is elegant and much lighter/smoother scent a bit similar to Drakkar Noir, kind of what would I call an 'office-scent'...The only similarity of these two frags is that black bottle

I like them both