Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Halston Man Amber by Halston

A new release, for men and women, from Halston...flankers of the Halston Man and Halston Woman's re-releases last year. Very little information at this point, but look at that bottle...

The Scented Salamander gets the scoop!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 23rd July 2010 at 01:07 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Halston Man Amber by Halston

Something to actually look forward to!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Price: £85 for 100 ml.
    Ouch!!!!!
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Halston is back in the game!!! Thanks for the info!!!
    Gary

It’s great to see that has the house is resurrected so is the fragrance line. Thanks for the info.

This sounds like a great early fall scent -

Will pass on this.

I assume this will be a Neiman's exclusive as well...

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Will pass on this.
    Porqoui?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Notes are listed at Now Smell This.

According to them this is available at Harrods (UK) now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Very little information at this point, but look at that bottle...
    Amber is not my sort of thing but I agree...damn! I hope they feel as good as they look.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Notes are listed at Now Smell This.

According to them this is available at Harrods (UK) now.
    The notes sound awesome! Can't wait to try this. Hopefully this will have a wider release than Neiman's and Bergdorf Goodman.

The tall bottle (Woman, if I had to guess) looks like a gold-plated Feminité du Bois!
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Porqoui?
    Too funny

So, this is not to be confused with the new Halston Man, right?
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    So, this is not to be confused with the new Halston Man, right?
    No, totally different scents.

On the Neiman Marcus website - wonder if they have testers yet?

I get it from Harrods & it was my gift to all my family members, the most original oud launch this fall & for a reasonable price, i mean it does stand out from the Armani Prive' Oud & Jo Malone Oud.

They do have testers at Neiman's and I tried this and I have to say I am impressed.

Tried this at NM today. Could be my next buy. Loved it and will be great for Fall. A lot better than the Silver Man and I liked its vibe better than TF Italian Cypress. Similar but not. I got a full tobacco, woods feel from it.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 14th September 2010 at 12:46 AM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

wow, this sounds reeeeeeeal good.

I'm up for it. I'd love to see Halston have a resurgence. I'm ready to head back to the '70s anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    wow, this sounds reeeeeeeal good.
    It is. I was on break and have to go back to try it again. She let me sniff the Silver Man and then we both tried Amber...she hadn't tested it..and she was like "Wow, I love that." I thought the same thing.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Sur la Plage

I tried this today and really liked it. IMO it is one of the better recent releases - much better than things like Blew de Chanel. I get a lot of insence from it on my skin - which I like a lot.

AromiErotici

I tried this today and really liked it. IMO it is one of the better recent releases - much better than things like Blew de Chanel. I get a lot of insence from it on my skin - which I like a lot.

I bought it in Vegas last weekend. Halston has a winner on it hands. Its one of the better releases this year.

Cheers!
    Scents I have that are not in the database.

Amouage Molook Attar
    Full Incense - Montale
    Oudh Lacquer by Soivohle
    Shalimar Ode de la Vanille by Guerlain
    Mukhalat Makaki Perfume Oil by Swiss Arabian
    Man Amber by Halston
    Absolue pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Puro Intense by Nejma

Agree. I tried this again, as mentioned in my Niemans thread, and the drown was amber, incense and a burned firecracker smell I got a lot of in the initial sprays. I love this and Bang right now.
    --Ben Hogan

I'm wearing this today because of the morning cool weather and I love it!!This is a great Fall scent and probably one of the best done scents I've smelled this year. The difference on skin vs card is the amber...go figure. The amber is present much more on the skin. The initial spray was that firecracker burning paper smell mixed with a creamy amber.. Then the incense(myrrh) creeps in and overall that is what I get. Basically if you made 3 piles of burning things below your feet and the smoke was wafting up to your nose it would be burning a medium pile of burning fireworks, a small amount of amber in the middle and a thing of incense sticks last. All of it comes up at the same time in varying degrees and it is wonderful.

I know the idea of the fireworks paper smell may not make sense but when I brought it up to the SA at Nieman's she said she got the same thing. I'm guessing the Amber, Labdanum and Myrrh and woods are giving me alot of this combo. As I said in the other thread I spent 3 weeks in another part of Houston for work, close to Nieman's and the Galleria. I visited there probably 7 times. I tried everything from Creed Aventus, to Bang, to Halston Amber to Ferragamo to all the Cartiers, etc. This was hands down one of the best done scents and one card I kept coming back to. She finally broke and made a sample. I actually had the card out to purchase it but the snobs ( ) only take American Express or Niemans....damn Visa....lol
    Last edited by ToughCool; 30th September 2010 at 04:02 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

Hey we have two posts going on with the same subject so I copied this from the other post. Should combine them, I think.

Neiman's ace SA (Andrew) sent me a sample of Man Amber Halston along with a few others, and I've worn Man Amber twice and I am getting acquainted with it. I hope its not just my "new fragrance blush" but to me this is one fantastic fragrance. I have some very good amber fragrance in my wardrobe - but I know I will buy a bottle of Man Amber - it is very good!

NOTES - Top: geranium leaves, province thyme and bergamot; Mid: pure amber, myrrh and labdanum; Base: oud wood, cedar atlas and musk

True to its name it is a masculine scent that smells primarily of amber, but amber turned darker than I've smelled in a while. The top notes blend in and go away on me, but a very noticeable smoke woods note drifts all through and around the red cedar/oud woods that elevates off the surface. The woods have impressive "hang time" all around the amber. It may be clever use of synthetics here that causes the liveliness of cedar and smoke but the combination of the sprightly woods with the low and slow amber is brilliant. The woods are a combination of oud + atlas cedar which yields that old fashioned red cedar closet type of cedar made with freshly split wood.

You can tell I like this one quite a bit. This is my favorite of the recent release of very nice wood + amber/vanilla fragrances that includes Givenchy Play Intense and D&G the One Gentleman. Halston Man Amber!

Wonderful scent that is not LOUD like a lot of "Amber" scents can be - the oud really stands out in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    True to its name it is a masculine scent that smells primarily of amber, but amber turned darker than I've smelled in a while. The top notes blend in and go away on me, but a very noticeable smoke woods note drifts all through and around the red cedar/oud woods that elevates off the surface. The woods have impressive "hang time" all around the amber. It may be clever use of synthetics here that causes the liveliness of cedar and smoke but the combination of the sprightly woods with the low and slow amber is brilliant. The woods are a combination of oud + atlas cedar which yields that old fashioned red cedar closet type of cedar made with freshly split wood.
    Excellent description. I revisited Amber Man as a result of this thread and have to agree it just may be the best masculine amber scent out there. I really appreciate the way the sweetness is turned down a few notches, allowing the wood notes to mingle.

Next to l'ombre fauve, this is another 'go to' of this genre.