Code of Conduct

Default New Fragrance: Zegna Forte

Ermenegildo Zegna celebrates 100 years in the business this year, and 2010 also marks the release of Zegna Forte this September:

Top Note: lemon, ginger and grapefruit
    Heart Note: lavender, tonka bean and vanilla
    Base Note: brightleaf tobacco, honey and ambery wood

Zegna have released some quality fragrances (Zegna Colonia being a fave of mine), so this one I will be very keen to try.

Default Re: New Fragrance: Zegna Forte

Zegna imo puts out fragrances that always have one great note, surrounded by mediocrity.
    Hopefully this changes that.

It's certainly a very aesthetically pleasing ad/bottle.

Sur la Plage

If I see it, I will try it. But I have found all Zegna fragrances to date to be mediocre, at best.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks for the info.....I will want to sample this for sure!!!
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

I quite enjoy Essenza di Zegna but find their line somewhat uninspiring, in the synthetic mold of Hugo Boss. I hope they pull out all stops with Forte especially since it is their 100th year anniversary. But I won't be holding my breath.

The notes look interesting. I haven't been pleased with what I have tried from this house thus far though.

Has anyone found a picture of the bottle?
    Gary

indeed , nice looking bottle..

I tried it quickly at Bloomingdales.
    It reminded me of more interesting, richer RL Big Pony#2 (red one). Again, it was just one quick spray on a card.
    And speaking of Big Pony collection, they now have large deo sprays for each scent.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/257...ht=zegna+forte

Still would like to know who tried it yet in Bloomingdales

The notes looks quite interesting. Will definitely check this out. Thank you for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    I tried it quickly at Bloomingdales.
    It reminded me of more interesting, richer RL Big Pony#2 (red one). Again, it was just one quick spray on a card.
    And speaking of Big Pony collection, they now have large deo sprays for each scent.
    mm,. i hope not, pony2 was the last in my taste with the synthetic caramel-cocoa tune.. please, try to make an update soon.

Thanks to all for the info.....I do want to check this out!!!
    Gary

Saw that this on the Bloomingdale's website. Anybody smell this yet?

I got to sample this today at Bloomingdale's. The bottle I think is the nicest from the Zegna line. It is polished glass that has a gradual smoke to black tint.

The fragrance is super sweet with vanilla being a middle note and honey and amber in the base - so you get the gist sweetness is the theme of this fragrance. It is synthetic and cloying if over used so right off the bat I feel a lot of you will loath this one. It would make a great October night scent but I would not recommend this one for warm weather.

I did like it and ended up getting a bottle.

Question Re: New Fragrance: Zegna Forte

hello.. i live in canada, and cant find this yet.. so wondering if its still on its way, or is it in stores already for you guys? hmmm..

I ended up just ordering a bottle from Bloomingdale's website and got it yesterday. My first impression was pretty favorable. I want to do a side-by-side test with Forte and La Nuit to see which is actually sweeter or better to my nose.

It reminded me of Givenchy Play Intense...

Devastatingly sweet...

I've had Forte on my arm for about the past three hours. Right now, it really reminds me of Bulgari Black. Not a bad spicy vanilla frag IMO. Too bad limited availability and lack of samples and minis will prevent the majority to ever even smell this one.

I don't think Zegna Intensa was bad, women seem to really like it - I'll give this one a go, see what I think
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I hope to find this soon.....Gary

its in bloomindale's.. but they dont have bloomingdales in canada

This one was a HUGE deception.

Best niche perfume, men (juried award) in the 22º Accademia del Profumo in Italy???

Best luxury fragrance for men in the 6º Canadian Fragrance Awards??!

What's wrong with those people?! I was expecting a mind blowing fragrance given all these prizes, but the fragrance does not innovate in any aspect! It is just a mediocre fragrance without soul. Even the comparisons with the masterpiece La Nuit de L'homme are wrong!

Zegna Forte starts out with a blast of citrus notes combined with a hint of ginger that disappears in a blink of eyes leaving the space to a lavender chord.
    Nothing outstanding at all.

After about 10 minutes, with the appearance of Amber, the fragrance evolves to a semi-sweet aspect, but without forgetting the citrus notes, specially grapefruit, and so it goes on until the end. Totally boring and mediocre.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this catastrophic fragrance. It will not be hard, since it can't be easily found.

It's a fine scent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's a fine scent IMO.
    Agreed. Good thing I received enough samples of it that I don't even have to buy a bottle right away.

I'm still waiting to sample this.....Sounds very promising!!!
    Gary

And I have a 99% full 100mL bottle of this sh.... sometimes blind buy isn't that good, as you guys can see. Hehehehe. At least it was a promotion

I saw this fragrance today and really liked the smell. I'm female and was looking for something to get my boyfriend. The smell is a fresh aqua but also fruity which is nice.
    However they had no stock and only the tester. I asked if it was discontinued and the girl working there didn't seem to know her stuff, told me to go find it elsewhere.

I like Z by Zegna, nice scent but very strong to me. Not sure how much i like Forte yet since i only smelt it once but i think compared to many other scents, girls would like this one much more. I've also smelt the intenso one in store once and very much liked it instantly. I'm becoming quite fond of Zegna although it is much harder to find here and much more expensive. Also i'm female so i won't be buying it for myself

Quote Originally Posted by blueshades View Post
    I saw this fragrance today and really liked the smell. I'm female and was looking for something to get my boyfriend. The smell is a fresh aqua but also fruity which is nice.
    However they had no stock and only the tester. I asked if it was discontinued and the girl working there didn't seem to know her stuff, told me to go find it elsewhere.
    I own and love Forte. But the only place I've ever seen it for sale is at Bloomingdale's, both in store and online.

i tried it at a douglas store in Vienna where i live

Yes its good very good but nothing new to the Perfume World ! similar fragrances are : Rochas Man, Givenchy Play Intense, Bvlgari Black YSL la nuit

greets
    My astonishing Top 10 fragrances :

1. Hombre by Victorio & Lucchino
    2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    3. Pure Havane Thierry Mugler
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    5. Pure Malt Thierry Mugler
    6. Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne
    7. Jacques Fath pour L`Homme
    8. Silver Scent Jacques Bogart
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina