Code of Conduct

Default Frsh & Aroatic Vetver ?

Sorry guys, I know Iíve started like 4 vetiver threads lately, lol. Its been a learning process and I think I can finally describe what Iím looking for with the above description.

Iím looking for the Abercrombie & Fitch ĎFierceí of Vetivers Ė Fresh, Arotmatic, Gobs of Siliage!

Iím seeing a lot of people say FM Vetiver Extraordinaire fits this. What do you think?
    Last edited by md1grwl; 24th August 2010 at 01:11 AM.

Default Re: Fresh & Aromatic Vetiver ?

Well, I love vetiver and Vetiver Extraordinaire is my absolute favorite. It's actually a really close race between VE and EldO's Fat Electrician. FE is quite a bit more affordable ($80 for 50ml vs $145 for 50ml) and it's just an absolutely fabulous fragrance. FE, also, is an edp, which is nice and definitely adds to the sillage and longevity. However your vetiver exploration goes, those are 2 vetiver that you absolutely MUST try. I'd be willing to bet that one of those will end-up being your holy grail vetiver. Anyway, good luck on your hunt. Vetiver is a really fun note to explore as practically every house has one.

Point Blank

I don't think Vetiver Extraordinaire fits the description very well, even if it's a great vetiver. Even if I personally like it less, I think Lanvin Vetyver fits your description better.

Point Blank

Again, I would add Armani Vetiver Babylone. It's citrusy, fresh and aromatic.

Check out Diptyque's new one. Malle's Vetiver is quite nice but it's not fresh by any means.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Vettiveru is what I look to for fresh and aromatic.

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Vettiveru is what I look to for fresh and aromatic.
    +1 - also fits the description.

Diptyque's Vetyverio, which I'm currently wearing right now for the first time, would fit the bill.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Basenotes Institution

Try Vetiver Dance by Tauer, it'll singe your nose hairs off if you sniff it right after you apply it, it's so aromatic.