Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland

Hey Guys:

I just got done doing a fragrance review for this cologne. I believe that it is a decent frag with a nice outdoorsy smell and everything. However, I can't really get past how this frag seems to lack a bit of originality. Whenever I'm working at the hospital, it seems that this same type of outdoorsy fresh scent hits my nostrils. Most of my patients seem to favor this type of smell. Also, I get a bit of a powdery smell as well. I have a hard time finding anyone else mentioning this. Anybody else have an opinion on this Patrick frag?

Default Re: Thoughts on Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland

I like it. It is a masculine but not macho scent. It has a nice blend of spice and moss, with a bit of freshness along the way. It doesn't seem generic to me. I don't like powdery scents, but I can't find any powdery notes as it sits on my skin. I'm happy to have this one.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Patrick and also Inis are both very good value for money fragrances and for colognes, which you wouldn't normally expect to last too long, actually last reasonably well. I've only had a sample of Patrick, but I've purchased Inis in the past.

Maybe something horrible happened to the bottle I bought, but it ranks as one of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled. More barnyard than fresh to my nose. I'd welcome more opinions.

I had a decant but never ended up wearing the stuff. It reminded me too much of a green scented body wash you'd find at the discount store.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Maybe something horrible happened to the bottle I bought, but it ranks as one of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled. More barnyard than fresh to my nose. I'd welcome more opinions.
    "Barnyard Fresh" may be a good way to describe this scent. I don't know if your bottle went bad, or if your nose just now noticed some of the more animalistic notes.

I think Patrick is a great scent. I don't own it, but I've sampled it many times, and it's on my "To Buy" list.

I don't smell any powder or barnyard smells. To me, it's a very dry, old-school fougere, with no sweetness at all, which is a big reason I like it so much. It's very subtle and discreet, a real gentleman's scent IMO.

It smells a lot like Worth Pour Homme, which is one of my favorite fragrances.