Code of Conduct

Default Amouage: The Packaging

I got my Epic in two days ago. I just opened it today because I have a cold and can't wear any fragrances now. I wanted to see it. I am completely amazed at the detail, luxury, and presentation. I've never seen a bottle so stunning, so beautiful, and so well made. The thick green glass is heavy. The head seems to swivel a little. I have yet to spray it so I don't know if the juice discharges from around the jewel or not. Opulence definately comes to mind. I am humbled. I've never been one to put too much concern into bottles but Amouage has me fascinated. It truly is special and worthy of the juice that it contains. Does anyone else just love their packaging as I do?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Hillaire

Default Re: Amouage: The Packaging

I am so in love with their "look", the weight of the bottle, the substance of their caps. I like the men's but the women's even more.

I should mention the Attars come in high gloss burled wood boxes lined with purple velvet. It's really elegant luxury, and I, love it.

Also, when people see my collection, they always gravitate to the Amouage bottles, thinking they are gorgeous.

But the boxes are so nice, I am tempted to keep them boxed!

The Reflection and Lyric packages and bottles are my favorites.

I cannot wait for the new black ones.

Hey scentologist. Reading your post about amouage's packaging is getting me itchy for some purchases from them :P

Do you prefer Epic to XXV? Whats the main difference between the two?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Did you notice the little card with the hand-written signature of the Amouage staff that handled the packaging? Nice touch.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I did notice the personalized, hand written note! It is a very nice touch indeed. Jubilation XXV is a very fine fragrance. At the moment, I prefer Epic but it is all a matter of personal taste. My next future purchase from them will likely be XXV, Dia, or silver. However, I have yet to try lyric or reflection. Epic is a very green fragrance while XXV is one that starts out with fruit and dries down to a high quality incense on a vanilla base much like LDDM but a little more subdued. I recommend ordering samples from either luckyscent or aedes.

Agreed! Epic is a true work of art, and definitively the most beautiful bottle in my collection. It`s plain luxurious! Stunning! I can sit and stare at it for hours! The thing that impressed me most is the heavy "gold" cap, and the beautyful box. I keep all my amouage scents in the boxes. They are realy stylish.

I had my first wearing tonight which was amazing! I realize that it is a gold cap now instead of the spraying mechanism lol. I thought the oval crown on top was the trigger and the jewel was where the juice sprayed from lol. Man, I must have been sick this week (just got over a cold). Anyhow, I think it is my Holy Grail and I can't wait to own another!

Amouage's packaging is amazing. I leave the scents displayed in the base. I used to replace the covers but now my frags are displayed in a really nice shelving unit that's part of a walk-in closet, so I don't need to keep the top half of the box over them to protect them from light.

Lyric Man and Reflection Man are the definitive center point of my display. Everyone who sees the bottles, tucked snugly into the velvet lined bases, wants to know what they are and how they smell.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I really like their boxes, more than the bottles for sure.
    Along with Montale, Amouage is one of my favorite western/middle eastern mix houses for sure!
    but I still need to try a few from Amouage and a huge list from Montale.
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Amouage's packaging is amazing. I leave the scents displayed in the base. I used to replace the covers but now my frags are displayed in a really nice shelving unit that's part of a walk-in closet, so I don't need to keep the top half of the box over them to protect them from light.

Lyric Man and Reflection Man are the definitive center point of my display. Everyone who sees the bottles, tucked snugly into the velvet lined bases, wants to know what they are and how they smell.
    I like the idea of leaving the bottle in it's velvety base. May I steal the idea? lol. It will give the bottle and fragrance the pedestal that it deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I like the idea of leaving the bottle in it's velvety base. May I steal the idea? lol. It will give the bottle and fragrance the pedestal that it deserves!
    Go ahead man. It looks awesome, it prevents accidents, and it makes it easy to replace the top and protect the scent from light, if so desired. Note though, that if you do replace the top, it's best to just set it over the base, and not push it completely closed, as the tops can be quite difficult to get off when pushed on tightly.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Amouage is truly making in-roads in what has been till now a market dominated by French perfumes - their quality and attention to detail is remarkable, other companies like ASAQ need to take note..

It`s a given that it`s the scent that`s most important, but I must confess I`m filled with enthusiasm when it comes to the bottles and packaging of the Amouage scents.. Luxurious and beautiful!

Eastern perfume houses take alot of pride in presentation! Almost all the eastern perfume houses have incredible bottles! Ajmal has really nice bottles as well! Some of the eastern companies you would swear the bottles are worth more then the juice that's in them! Not saying that about amouage obviously amouage makes probably the best perfume out there!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

In terms of staying power, I find ASAQ is better .. but pretty poor at marketting !

Quote Originally Posted by dxbinc View Post
    In terms of staying power, I find ASAQ is better .. but pretty poor at marketting !
    ASAQ is quite huge in the Mid East but not elsewhere I guess. Amouage is headed by Westerner who market in the Western style.

Amouage attar bottles kinda suck! I would say 1 in 10 arrive empty with a really nice smelling box! Though I heard that amouage is going to start shipping their attars in a different bottle soon. So if you like those little glass bottles with the glass stick I would get one now!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

I understand what Oslo-Fjord means about longevity and sillage. I applies one spray yesterday. My date commented on how fantastic I smell (I couldn't really detect it). She said it was very noticeable, in a good way. Today, I pick that shirt up to put it on as a means of having a dry shirt after my run until I get in the shower. It was as if I had just sprayed it on there! One spray is definately all you need. This stuff is so amazing!