Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default SOTD - Saturday, 24 July 2010

Up early to catch a flight to Maui this morning to start our vacation. Sorry I am not able to join everyone in Boston. Have a great time!

My SOTD is Mugler Cologne.

Notes include Bergamot, Neroli, Petit Grain, Orange Blossom, Green Sap and White Musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: SOTD - Saturday, 24 July 2010

I´m wearing Idylle EdP (Guerlain) today.

Happy Saturday!

Wish you a wonderful vacation, Joe!

My thoughts will be with the B-noters attending the Boston meet-up today; please have fun for me, too, k?
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

It's still Le Temps d'une Fête from Nicolaï for me. It's funny. I didn't like it very much when I tested in spring 2009, but I bought it anyway this spring because I love so many Nicoalïs. And now I love also Le Temps d'une Fête.

Loving a fragrance after getting a full bottle has happened to me also whith Shem-el-Nessim from Grossmith. I liked it when testing, but not as much as the other Grossmith's. Bought it anyway. Now I love it. I hope this will teach me not to dismiss a fragrance too easily.

Have a nice Saturday!

Himalaya - Creed
    Wishlist is pointless.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Enjoy Maui, Joe ... and Boston for those there!

Happy Weekend

Today is Ispahan by Yves Rocher!Mimosa,Vanilla and ylang -ylang among the notes ...it is an nice oriental one!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

LouLou is my choice for today.

A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Today: A SCENT by Issey Miyake
    Yesterday: Carnal Flower

Cracked open my new bottle of Vaniglia, Bourbon & Mandarino (Antica Farmacista). I was astonished to find this in a little boutique yesterday on sale for only $50. YAY!

Guerlain's reissued Sous le Vent EdT - Provençal herbs and green tobacco leaves. Quite Caribbean.

Good morning everyone. My SOTD is FRESH'S 'Love' from the new 'Eat, Pray, Love' collection Notes: Top notes: Bergamot, Red Current, Mango blossom. Middle: Tiare, Jasmine. Base: Sandlewood, Vetiver, Amber.

Good morning everyone Today I'm gonna continue the studying for the (postponed)oral exam in just under a month's time. Later I'm off to see a friend over some coffee. Hope all the BN'ers that go enjoy themselves in Boston ( I wanna go toooo!) and enjoy the holiday Joe Sotd is Coco edp.

Annick Goutal Eau de Sud for me -- surprisingly cool and breezy this morning. Yesterday I slept most of the day and ended up making bruschetta (roasted garlic, squash, tomatoes) for supper. Laura Mercier was untouched.

Have a great time sniffing the fragrances and each other in Boston, MA!
    Last edited by Twolf; 24th July 2010 at 11:48 AM.

Hello Sandal Noble.
    DONNA

Talking Re: SOTD - Saturday, 24 July 2010

Swooooping in on a cloud of Delrae Debut (ahhh! Muguet!!) - then back to my stoopid Facebook game.

I MISS you guys....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

After Pilates, I will wear LTBL and then spend the weekend in my office packing up, in preparation for a move to a different site. A sad, but exciting move for me. It must be better in Boston.

Basenotes Plus

Therese, best of luck with the move. Onward and upward. xoxo
    Petruccijc, have a wonderful time! Ditto all our Boston attendees.

Frederic Malle Editions de Parfums Noir Epices. Brutally hot and humid here today and in weather like this you'd think this one would be heavy and thick and all wrong, but today it's wearing like a spicy soap. I love it.

Notes: orange, rose, geranium, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, pepper, patchouli, cedarwood, sandalwood

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone - I'm in Parfum Privé by La Perla. Y'all have a great day!

Scent twins with Ineespenes today in Coco... much work to do around the house (more salsa making/canning) and garden this weekend, and paperwork to be sorted as well.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Jo Malone : Nectarine Blossom & Honey.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Racine....MPG
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Basenotes Institution

Joe - have a great holiday in Maui ! Smell those flowers !
    Have a lovely time in Boston everyone .Therese- good luck with your move and with packing this weekend .

Joy extrait for me this morning .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Good morning, all. I'm wearing Chanel No 18.

Blog Entries

DelRae-Debut

Debut Notes;
    Bergamot, lime, green leaves, ylang-ylang, lily of the valley,
    linden blossom, vetiver, sandalwood and musk

Bon voyage, Petruccijc! Safe journey. We'll want to hear all about when you get back.

Good luck to Therese, this weekend.

I'm sampling the lovely Guerlain Nahema edp today (with thanks to Arwen_elf).

Wearing Versace Baby Blue Jeans

My SOTD is Annick Goutal’s Heure Exquise.

Oh petruccijc, have a great vacation! Maui, sigh... (I see on Now Smell This that there is a new fragrance called Maui, I forget whom by...)
    Musse, I love seeing your little avatar... it always brings a smile to my face.
    You smell good Novis2007! & I’ve had similar experiences, learning to love what I’ve got.
    Study hard ineespenes!
    Taolady! just. step. away. from. the. facebook.
    Good luck with move Therese!
    Enjoy your very busy weekend actisluna!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD - Saturday, 24 July 2010

Sous le Vent by Gurelain...................................day

Mitsouko.......................................... ................after 5.

Hello! I hope you're all having an exciting Saturday. I've had a tremendously exciting day! Well, in terms of perfume it's been exciting. Everything else has been fairly standard. Situation normal. Except I did discover that Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Angelique Lilas makes an amazing room spray. You get all of the good notes and none of the bad.

I started out this morning in Eau Fraiche by Christian Dior. Used up the rest of my TPC sample, cracked the atomiser and everything. I love Eau Fraiche when I'm heading out on The Perfume Hunt. It has enough kick to keep the first couple of hours entertaining, but then it becomes light enough it won't interfere with other scents.

I mentioned The Perfume Hunt, right? Right. So, yesterday I spent a good portion of the afternoon trying to track down a bottle of Kenzo Power in my town, but. No such luck. I guess it's too small a town. But it has a four-storey Debenhams! I don't understand. But anyway, I couldn't find it anywhere. So this was my mission today: Find Kenzo Power. Because I love that perfume, too. It's like Lovely, but with more spirit and less of the twee. Kenzo Power is my Lovely. So I headed to the big town, the next town over, and I did find my bottle of Kenzo Power and I bought it. YAY.

So then I thought, while I'm in the big town I might as well check out the big department store that stocks L'Artisan Parfumeur. Why not! I can't get that in my town, either. And I wanted to check out Nuit de Tubereuse, which I duly did. I liked it, too, and I was thinking about buying it. It's big and floral and, well, tuberose. It's aggressively floral, in fact. And I was like, "Yeah! I can get behind this in the summer."

But then I made a mistake. I tried L'eau d'Ambre.

Now I realise that this is not considered a particularly great amber scent, but what can I say. It blooms on my skin, blooms like a flower. My body loves amber and vanilla, it just picks up that dry, full sweetness and runs. I was wandering around WHSmith for a while (I'm not a complete impulse spender, I do walk away to consider these things) and I kept getting whiffs of Nuit de Tubereuse, and it was perfectly nice. But then there was that raw, sexy amber wafting through the air. I couldn't help but sniff my wrists. Smoke. Incense. Amber. It reminds me of my bedroom, back when I was a hippy teenager wearing gigantic charm bracelets from BabaYaga and fair trade shirts made from organic cotton. I was a hippy child and, yeah. I burned some incense, back in the day.

So I bought it. L'eau d'ambre is, I'm afraid, my scent of the evening. It's smooth, sexy, light enough for summer, and it reminds me of my foolish teenage self. Fantastic.

And now ... I'm broke! But, hey, I smell damn good, so who cares.

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau de Jatamansi.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Blog Entries

I enjoyed reading about your fragrance adventures mel_lou. I too like Kenzo Power. I'm not sure why I don't wear it more. Enjoy your purchases. I am getting to know my most recent purchase today. Another Kenzo:

KENZO HOMME

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mel_lou View Post
    And now ... I'm broke! But, hey, I smell damn good, so who cares.
    Yay, that's the spirt, girl!

My SotE is the same as yesterday; FLOWERBOMB EXTRÊME.
    But between my SotD and SotE, I had a couple of hours in
    Chanel pour Monsieur Concentrée ... three scents today,
    that's rare, even for me!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

It is very hot and humid here-- I hope the folks who have gone to Boston are coping with the heat and enjoying their day!

I'm in a lilac mood today: Mary Chess White Lilac.

I'm in full on domestic godess mode today. I've spent the day running something up on the sewing machine and I'm about to switch to cake making. Wearing the completely contrary Cuba, by Czech & Speake, which is all colonial gentlemens' club, complete with leather chesterfield, mojito and cigar.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    I enjoyed reading about your fragrance adventures mel_lou. I too like Kenzo Power. I'm not sure why I don't wear it more. Enjoy your purchases. I am getting to know my most recent purchase today. Another Kenzo:

KENZO HOMME
    I nearly bought that one, too! Managed to restrain myself. It's a good one, though, enjoy it.

Mel_lou, I liked your on-the-hunt story! I can identify with the small-town blues - I have to roam the internet for samples, much less full bottles.

I'm wearing Serge Lutens Sa Majeste Le Rose today, from one of those aforementioned samples.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

After two samples this morning, with tennis in between, I am FINALLY in something that I love. Alahine. I am revisiting my winter favs, because I am bored with all light summeresk scents. Coromandel last night, and Alahine this afternoon. Ahhhhhhh, it is like coming home from a long journey.

Dior's Escale a Portofino - I'm liking this more and more.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Saturday, 24 July 2010

Scent of the evening

TUBEROSA

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Comme des Garcons
    Sequoia

Much aloha to all of you. I hope your day is really fine, whether you are at home or travelling!

I'm comparing/contrasting two anise fragrances, Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella and Etro Anice. The Guerlain is new to me. Both are very nice, but the Etro is more to my taste.

Basenotes Institution

Thias afternoon- the glorious Or Et Noir parfum by Caron !

Terracotta Voile D'Ete for me this evening. It's a Guerlain day for me.

Mel-lou, I love L'Eau Ambrée.

Late in replying today, but I doused myself in Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts for women. I love this, especially in our 100+ degree heat wave! I've stuck in the fridge for a refresher this evening.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

I found a Samsara parfum mini at my mom's, so I am wearing two drops of it and it is lovely.

Joe, have a great vacation
    Inees, good luck in your upcoming exam
    Have a great weekend, everyone
    Evenstar

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

GIT tonight.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

This evening ,it's the soothing Rose Otto I have recently got. Just love this stuff. I could bathe in it.

Smile Re: SOTD - Saturday, 24 July 2010

Today I'm in Farmacia SS Annunziata's Vaniglia del Madagascar as my SOTD.

Blog Entries

tried Verdon for the morning at the market and found it pretty forgettable.
    Tried Aftelier Pink Lotus as a SOTA and had a lovely, if a bit disjointed, experience.
    Would love to try something else before bed, but it's pretty late.

Mel Lou, great story!