Code of Conduct

Default Enslaved vs. Habanita

Having thought of Enslaved repeatedly in the past months, I finally was lucky to get a sample from Gerald (A BIG THANK YOU ONCE MORE!!!).
    I have just written a review about it comparing it with Habanita, which will be posted "in a few weeks", so I copy it below.

I'd love to hear your view, your comparisons, observations!
    Also, has anyone tried the Parfum of Enslaved? Boy, I'd love to, but I can't just fly to London for the sake of this Does anybody know where to get a tiny sample of the parfum? Enslaved is on top of my to-buy list now.

My review:
    "I really do not understand why this is not given more attention and praise. I own and love Habanita (EdT and Parfum Extrait), but one has to be fair. Compare Enslaved EdP with Habanita EdT and you have to admit that Habanita smells cheap, which is okay as I don't think it would be appropriate that it smelled too much of luxury and so forth given the idea behind it. The comparison with Habanita Parfum Extrait is difficult. Enslaved EdP is very close, indeed. However, I think Enslaved is a touch "warmer" and does not have this subtle green note (galbanum?) that runs through Habanita. Again, I am not a 100 % sure whether Habanita Parfum smells of quality all through. In the end, Enslaved manages to be a touch less ladylike, which I have come to appreciate. Then, think of the price difference as Enslaved is the EdP! Enslaved has good, noticeable but not offensive sillage, incredible longevity (even with my unforgiving skin chemistry), smells heavenly good and of quality ingredients! What more do you want?"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Enslaved vs. Habanita

I got samples of both and didn't think they smelled even remotely similar. I loved the Habanita; though I didn't get any "fruity" notes in it, as was described (thank goodness!) on a perfume site. It smelled of tobacco, leather, powder and amber...in that order...to me. I have Roja Dove Unspoken, which I love and bought a large decant of Enslaved based on how much I loved Unspoken thinking that everything in the line MUST be wonderful (I have made SO many mistakes in this manner, yet I continue to buy based on previous loves with mixed results). Enslaved had something in it that reminded me of Tide laundry detergent and it was so persistent that I couldn't pay attention to anything else in it and actually had to wash it off...though the longevity is super with that one, because I could STILL smell it. I wish very badly that it smelled closer to Habanita on me. I have a good sized decant of Enslaved if anyone wants to swap, LOL!

Basenotes Institution

Funny, I wore Enslaved EDP yesterday evening and I love this stuff. It's such a quality chypre and although right now I am wearing Chanel No.5 ( just got up and I always have to put some perfume on ! ) - the dry down of Enslaved is still lingering so many hours later. So yes ,the longevity is marvellous. I love Enslaved. If only it were available in the US.

I had a look at the Harrods website ,this weekend- previously Harrods were not shipping to the US but it seems they do now (?)- I wonder if we can now get Enslaved shipped to US ,from Harrods.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hi Mimi Gardenia, have you checked out www.beautique.com? Next option is the Roja Dove people themselves. I have the contact details to a very helpful woman, in case you need them. They sent me a sample of the extrait beforehand. It's a heavenly good journey all the way to the ambergris deep base of Enslaved.

Basenotes Institution

Larimar- thanks ! Do they ship abroad to US , I wonder ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.