Code of Conduct

Default Jennifer Aniston fragrance

so who checked out Jennifer Aniston's fragrance. what do you have to say about it? any reviews?

Default Re: Jennifer Aniston fragrance

Someone I know from another board(not perfume), when to Harrods for its release. Seems it smells like Child.
    DONNA

And, apparently, Aniston is a fan of Child: http://www.beautyhabit.com/childperfume.html

Ah so that is why she picked that dupe from those offered to her.
    DONNA

Default jennifer Aniston's perfume!

hey all!
    Did you check that perfume which Jennifer Aniston has launched? Do you wanna give your review on that? I only know its name Lolavie and its meaning laughing at life.
    well by name it look as full of life as Jennifer herself is.

Default Re: jennifer Aniston's perfume!

It's not called 'Friend's' then
    It looks like it may just be called Jennifer Anniston now from reading http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_654031.html

Default Re: jennifer Aniston's perfume!

lol

No, the name has been changed to just Jennifer Aniston.

So pretty boring if its like ole Jen, the rom com queen who is actually now middle aged and too old for the best friend falls in love with the guy. But keeps chuning them out like no one's business before her time is finally over. She did one movie back in the early days which was serious after that it was Rachel relived each time.
    DONNA

Every time a generic celeb comes out with a generic scent I merely get annoyed.

I'm wearing it today, as it came as a free sample with my bottle of Must de Cartier. (I had no idea Sephora lets you pick samples with your order until I ordered that bottle.) Anyway, it's definitely a floral. I just sprayed it 10 minutes ago, so I'll give it time to develop, but. . . it's a floral.

I don't smell the citrus in the top notes, that they say are there. Maybe because I was overwhelmed with the thought of "floral." Jasmine? It's listed in the notes. So okay, I think I smell that. I DEFINITELY smell rose. Rose rose rose. And not like rose as in Voleur de Roses (with buttloads of patchouli) or Rose 31 (with that cumin) or Rose Absolue (with baby oil). No. It's just rose and jasmine and LILY. I totally smell lily. It's lily as in Easter-Sunday-lily. I can only tolerate Easter lily smell from a distance, and it smells nice in small quantities. Up close, it's an oily smell that makes me feel nauseous -- like I'm looking at some kind of carnivorous giant lily, such as the type you find in Indonesian rainforests.

I don't get this "beachy" thing that people mention in their Basenotes reviews. Beaches smell fishy to me. This perfume is not fishy. Or even shrimpy. Or even like the steamed clams you can smell in San Pedro's. (And in Biloxi, if you dig down too deep to make a sandcastle, it smells like sulfur.)

It's a floral.

And I saw some reviews that say it smells like Tide. I can't remember where I saw those reviews, but I agree with them. It could easily serve as a Tide scent.

But I'll give it a chance longer, and see what happens.

It would have been an interesting candidate for a Blind Sniff Game.
    Last edited by Aiona; 10th September 2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Biloxi beaches smell different too.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Basenotes Member

I own it and have worn it off and on all summer. I also don't get the citrus top note at all. To me it smells like a straight up (but lovely) jasmine- I don't detect any rose or lily (I wonder if I'm anosmic?). It does have a "beachy" dry down to me- and by that I mean a slight warm sand/coppertone scent (not literal beach), but it's still mostly dominated by the jasmine. I've enjoyed it, but I wouldn't really recommend it here because it stays too close to the skin and fades too fast (you get maybe 2 hours out of it, at max). I've mainly worn it when I know I'm going to be cuddling close to my hubby (he likes the smell). After I use this bottle up, I will not be repurchasing.

Oh, and I've never smelled Child so I can't comment there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalice View Post
    I also don't get the citrus top note at all. To me it smells like a straight up (but lovely) jasmine
    It's been about 4 1/2 hours since I spritzed (one spritz), and right now, yeah, it is a jasmine scent.

it stays too close to the skin and fades too fast (you get maybe 2 hours out of it, at max).
    Yep, I totally agree with that. I saw the reviews that said that it has poor longevity, and I thought, well, maybe it's just that it doesn' t have a lot of sillage.

And yes. It doesn't have a lot of sillage.
    But yes. It doesn't seem to last very long either. I mean, it's 4.5 hours later, and I can still smell it a little, but not really. The biggest test though came from my husband. He is like the Princess in the Princess and the Pea fable, although he's like the Princess and the Perfume. If there's any sillage at all, he will smell it and remark upon it to me with great vigor, usually in words such as, "You're wearing perfume, aren't you? God, that stinks!"

Anyway, I let him smell my arm. Up close! And asked him what he thought, and he said, "I don't smell anything."

Hee!

This is a great perfume if you are in a work place that ostracizes you for wearing perfume. Because absolutely no one else will smell it. Well, and you'll have to like jasmine, too.

Oh, and I've never smelled Child so I can't comment there.
    I haven't tried Child either. And if this smells anything like it, I don't have a desire to anymore.

It's a lovely floral perfume. It's very light, and by 4.5 hours, that lily-smell that I don't like is pretty much gone. I am going to wax philosophical now though, and theorize that this perfume was specifically made to have virtually no sillage. It seems, in the U.S. anyway, fragrance wearing is not so much as frowned upon, as it is more of a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of thing. People don't want to *know* that you're wearing perfume. And this perfume fits that bill.

I am a sucker for anything Zoe Saldana, so I bought this month's copy of Women's Health Magazine, because she's on the cover. And inside, there is a poll on fragrance wearing versus body odor. (p. 109)

It asked, "What's worse: This or That?" And Body Odor gets 69% versus Heavy Perfume at 31%. I find it interesting that they chose "Heavy Perfume" to match up against "Body Odor." (There's also a little article about smell on p. 119.)

Anyway, I gotta get back to landscaping the yard.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

So today, I was spritzing my latest favorite fragrance Anucci Man, and I thought to myself, "It kind of smells like laundry detergent almost." And I remembered I compared Jennifer Aniston to laundry detergent once. So, I thought I'd do a side-by-side comparison today.

Anucci Man is on my right outer forearm, and Jennifer Aniston is on my right inner forearm. (I would have done separate forearms, but I smeared some Anucci onto my left, because it was a bit drippy going on.)

Wow. They are so totally different, and yet the same.

Anucci is so smooth, and soapy, and there's something almost gardenia/heliotrope like about the opening.
    Jennifer Aniston in comparison has quite a boozy opening, as if I dripped sangria on my arm by accident. It's the same boozy smell I get from Laura Ashley's Dilys.

Here are the notes from the directory for comparison:

Jennifer Aniston Top Notes: Citrus Grove Accord, Rose Water
    Middle Notes: Blooming Jasmine, Wild Violets, Amazon Lily
    Base Notes: Sensual Musk, Golden Amber, Sandalwood

Anucci Man Top Notes: Citrus, Jasmine, Bergamot, Chamomile, Precious Woods
    Middle Notes: Patchouli, Lavender, Vetiver
    Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Oakmoss

And I know, notes given by the manufacturer are not necessarily what's in the actual perfume. I've heard that lecture before. But it's interesting to me that the notes given are similar.

The thing that makes Anucci Man more pleasing to my nose is the mix of jasmine + lavender, which gives it a bit rounder softer smell.

So although I love jasmine, the lily + jasmine of Jennifer Aniston is I think what makes it smell so boozy. In Dilys, narcissus is listed as a note, and it has that same oily quality as lily, which I also don't like.

Jasmine and Amber are nearly always guaranteed to win me over, but if one doesn't like lily, there are other combinations of jasmine and amber which may be more to one's liking.