Code of Conduct

Default good mens frag with apple note?

although an apple note isnt usually my thing, im conducting some secret experiments in my secret laboratory... in order to start I need to go sniff some apple scents tommorow at the frag counter, anyone have any suggestions ?

Thrax

Default Re: good mens frag with apple note?

Be Delicious by Donna Karen. Also I beleive that Burberry (men) has apple in the top note!

Try Dunhill Desire
    Donna Karan Red Delicious Men
    Lacoste Style in Play
    Montblanc Présence
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 27th August 2006 at 05:18 AM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Kenneth Cole Reaction has a prominent green apple note alongside watermelon.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Agreed. Smells like cheap green apple bubblegum though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Reaction is one of my faves, do try it!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

nearfantastica

Nobody has mentioned Nicole Miller for men?????

a.

Boss Bottled

Be careful with Kenneth Cole Reaction: It's a cheap smelling fragrance!
    I second Mont Blanc Presence!

Definitely L'Anarchiste by Caron. Fresh apple and spices.

Although "apple" isn't listed as one of the notes, Nautica VOYAGE smells similar to apples.
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Boss Bottled and Nautilis Black Marlin are very appley.
    Renato

I recommend Reaction as well. Very nice Green Apple scent.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

u cud try Pal Zileri too...i think it has got that note ur lookin for in it..

Serpent

Ah, I just thought of this thread when I was thinking about a scent I might be buying soon: Brandy. Fall is approaching, and Brandy just speaks of that season to me. It is, hands down, the best apple fragrance ever. It's apple and peach over hay and spice. Incredible stuff. It just smells like autumn to me, that clean harvest smell when the grass turns to straw and the last fruits are brought in. It's nicely sweet on the base. It's a great unisex scent, perhaps leaning slightly toward the feminine with the big fruit notes, but if you want to smell of apples, no fragrance does apple better than Brandy.

I'll third Boss Bottled. It's a real apple, unlike the apple candy in Be Delicious and Reaction, and is just damn nice. I was able to score it at TJ Maxx for cheap, and is one of my new favs.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    Be Delicious by Donna Karen. Also I beleive that Burberry (men) has apple in the top note!
    The Burberry Men is a very nice fruity fougère, with apple and nice spices. It's elegant without being stuffy or formal. A good pick for an apple scent.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by Allen-at-home
    .....And on that note, the last half of "Goodbye to Love" by the Carpenters fades into the evening; a mixture of beautiful music, haunting voices, and rock guitar perfectly blended, much like a well-blended fragrance.
    <ASIDE>Just had to say that song's one of my all time faves - The guitar solo! </ASIDE>
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    Be Delicious by Donna Karen.....
    That's the apple I would think of. It seems to get mixed reviews with a lot of people not liking it, but it has seemed OK when I've tested it. Not fantastic, but different and interesting.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

I think the topic has gone on for long enough without the latest Guess Man being brought into consideration.

A realy good one is:

green, green, green and green by Miller et Bertaux

It has a green apple note. Basically the premise of the fragrance is to include a lot of notes that are considered "green" like vetiver, green apple, grass, etc. I know Lucky Scent has samples of it.

Thumbs up Re: good mens frag with apple note?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I think the topic has gone on for long enough without the latest Guess Men being brought into consideration.
    I wholeheartedly agree about Guess Men. So far, it's my favorite new frag of 2006!
    David and Becca forever!!

the new guess man and nautica voyage are really great and share some strong apple note...

K: C reaction ??? no thanX =)

DOrsay's Le Dandy has whiskey, but it actually smells liek apple to me. Simply amazing scent.

Wink Re: good mens frag with apple note?

I guess I'll third the new Guess Man too. While I think it's a bit more of a warm-weather scent, I'm sure it'll do ok in cooler weather. While it's by no means a breakthrough scent, I do think it's one of the better scents of 2006 (that's really not saying much though ).

well,. i dont think that GUESS man is for warm/cold weather... because i found it more fresh, fruity and spicy and is easy to wear in any kind of weather.. maybe some woody note make it more strong, but sure is very versatile...

????!!!

Why has there as yet been no mention of Hermessence Ambre Narguile??

These are the ones I own. Desire which is supposedly loaded with apples, although I dont get apples. Hugo has apples although not dominant to me. Theres also Mesmerize, although by Avon I like. Apple is not dominant to my nose either. As mentioned previously, Be Delicious is supposedly loaded with green apples. I cant attest to this, but my girl can. She asked me if I ever smelled it. A sure sign that she likes it.

chevignon
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Nicole Miller but I'm not a fan of the red apple scent

I immediately thought of several that have already been mentioned (Burberry, Boss Bottled, Red Delicious).

Joop Thrill Man has some Apple in the top notes, but its very fleeting.

YSL Jazz Prestige has a pretty strong apple note, very nice spicy apple tree type vibe. It is unfortunately discontinued though. I've seen it pop up on ebay once every 3-4 weeks or so on the UK site.

Although it's debut has gotten some apathetic responses here on basenotes, I am head over heels for Aventus. It opens with apple, pineapple and blackcurrent.