Code of Conduct

Thread: Empty Bottles

Default Empty Bottles

What do you guys do with your empty fragrance bottles? If you keep them, are they organized?

Default Re: Empty Bottles

When I was a lot younger, I used to keep my empty bottles in a box. My mom saw it. She doesn't really understand what was going on (she's not a fume head obviously). I was very young then, so what ever she said, which was to throw the box, I had to do it. hahahaha

Lately, I have this habit of not finishing the frag. I'd like to revisit things later on by sniffing the frag from the cap or just spray it on on my hand.

Blog Entries

OMG - do you mean that there are some people who have so few bottles that they finish them? As in EMPTY?

No, actually I don't have any empties, but I was talking with a friend about something related, and the question popped into my head. So, I'm asking all of you. Hahaha.

Blog Entries

Just checking. Seriously, it is an interesting question. I think the reason I don't have empties is pretty much the same as volley2. I tend to get stingy (or maybe just more careful) as the bottle goes down. I generally spread the damage over a lot of different juices, too.

I have heard rumors that bottles might get empty . . . eventually . . . but I can not verify this claim

With our obsession, hmmm? With new members of the wardrobe all the time? Makes it more impossible to empty a bottle. ONLY my favorites, then probably IF and ONLY IF I did finish a bottle, I will get another one. I'd like to remember how they smelled.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I'd like to remember how they smelled.
    THIS is the key to our madness!

I keep the splash bottles and keep the caps and spray tops of the ones that are sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I have heard rumors that bottles might get empty . . . eventually . . . but I can not verify this claim
    Nor I, so far. (even my ages-old oils still have dregs. Can't bear to use 'em up, and as volley2 wrote the 'drobe keeps getting new members!)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Since I joined Basenotes, I wouldn't know what I do with them. Haven't emptied one yet.

But I do know Le Labo will give me a discount if I bring back my Rose 31 or Vetyver 46 bottle for refill.

I used to throw them out, sometimes still do, but I do have several piled up in various drawers. As for being able to finish them.. It's quite common for me, even with my very large wardrobe to get hooked on one scent and just wear the crap out of it until it's gone. 3.4 oz, being worn every day, twice a day if reapplied, sometimes more depending on the longevity/projection, this bottle can be gone in 2 months easily. 3.4 oz is a lot when you switch around and rotate fragrances religiously, hell 1 oz is a lot if you have a huge rotation.. but if you stop and get hooked on something, and you have 100 to begin with, that means you love your fragrances, and you're really gonna wear them. Back on topic though, I usually just save bottles of the ones I like, and sometimes if I get desperate enough, I'll see if i can get a whiff out of the empty bottle.

Lately though, when I get down to the last of the bottle, I'll leave a little bit.. say 2-4 ml or so, then throw the bottle in a drawer.. this way if i ever get the craving to smell it, there will still be some in there.

I recently gave an empty bell jar of Chergui away as a "gift", because this person had commented about how beautiful and stylish these bottles were.

Sur la Plage

They are thrown away.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

It depends - I will keep the Guerlain limited edition bottles and ones like the Sous Le Vent bottle but not the Shalimar spray bottles. If I get more Creed- I'll only keep the 8.4 z flacons and boxes .As muchas I adore Frederic Malle- I will keep the cap and throw the bottle out. Ditto other bottles- keep the caps and throw out the empty sealed bottles .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

what is this "empty" you speak of? I think it might be a sign you need more full bottles to avoid such problems.
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I have an acquaintance who is an artist (active in various fields, from painting, to interior decorating and fashion design) and who is very thankful for any empty fragrance bottle of mine, since she uses them in strange and quirky form of artwork

They go to the trash

Dependent

I throw mine away. Though like mimi, if I had a beautiful limited edition bottle, I'd be quite inclined to hold on to it. That being said, I don't remember finishing anything in the past 2 years or so.

I trash them.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....