Code of Conduct

Default Antidote Scent for Smoking Room?

Apologies if this has been discussed before - couldn't find anything specific.

We have a designated 'chill space' at work for smokers with reasonable traffic - during summer the room has aircon - it's just too hot to keep the windows open, altho we open them for half an hour whenever possible and at the end of the day before leaving work to let air circulate.

Do any of you have recommendations for something that can stay in the room and help deal with the 'aftertaste' of cigarette smoke at all? Maybe something more 'natural' to 'counter' the effect as opposed to 'chemical warfare' to engage in out and out 'combat''?

What has worked for you? L'Artisan Amber Ball? Shoyeido incense? A Diptyque room spray? A Malle candle? Just the right mossy diffuser? I guess something 'static' would be a better bet because we can't leave a candle or incense burning all night, but even so, that could still work for a while during the day . . . any particular brand or note? Please be as specific as to what has worked for you as possible? It does not have to be an inoffensive generic room freshener, something with character would be cool . . .

Many thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 2nd August 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Default Re: Antidote Scent for Smoking Room?

You may want to read this thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/197470-Lampe-Berger

I have seen Lampe Berger used in cigar lounges with great results.

Partagas - thank you, will investigate - if it works in a cigar lounge then should be a diddle for our space. Sorry for the late reply - after a couple of weeks I had given up - today is the first day I've looked back in over here in a month

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Business/Commercial Negative Ion generators work like a charm. Hotels and Motels use them to clear a room of cigar/cigarette smoke odor in a couple of hours. Try ebay or Amazon
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Business/Commercial Negative Ion generators work like a charm. Hotels and Motels use them to clear a room of cigar/cigarette smoke odor in a couple of hours. Try ebay or Amazon
    Thanks kbe - I posted once about Negative Ion Generators a while back (for a different reason) and will look at that in a new light - not so easy to actually check one out here in HK. I suspect these are the two answers / confirmations I need to investigate further - gracias.