Code of Conduct

Default Aedes di Venustas vs Fou d'Absinthe

I was comparing these two last night and they are strikingly similar and basically it smells as if there's one note that really differentiates from these two. The pine note in Fou d'Absinthe. But especially as the two dried down, there wasnt much difference.

So if you've smelled one and not the other, this might help to give you an idea of what the other smells like if you were curious.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Default Re: Aedes di Venustas vs Fou d'Absinthe

Interesting. I own FdA, while AdV is on my to-try list. I had imagined AdV as an incense-focused scent. (Maybe that's what is responsible for the smallish difference you've noted?)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Interesting. I own FdA, while AdV is on my to-try list. I had imagined AdV as an incense-focused scent. (Maybe that's what is responsible for the smallish difference you've noted?)
    Yes, there's a hint of smoke in AdV but it becomes more subtle as it dries down.

Oh and I prefer FdA a little more because of the pine scent. But AdV was very nice as well. If you like one, you'll like the other.

+1 for Aedes De Venustas. The pine in Fou d'Absinthe was exactly what led me to try AdV. I thought it was a very unnatural or artificial pine.

I must say I don't think these two have much of anything in common except that they are from the same house. One is a green wormwood scent with just a touch of manly skank and the other is a complex flowery incense that is much more unisex/feminine. I much prefer Fou d'Absinthe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I must say I don't think these two have much of anything in common except that they are from the same house. One is a green wormwood scent with just a touch of manly skank and the other is a complex flowery incense that is much more unisex/feminine. I much prefer Fou d'Absinthe.
    Interesting. I dont get much flower from AdV at all. Mostly woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I don't get that at all on my skin. AdV is very dark, heavy on my skin. Not floral at all, rather spices and woods and incense. More masculine than unisex. But, hey - that's just my skin.

I have both, but I don't see the similarity.

Off-Scenter

I find no real similarity between these two. One is an incense-based woody oriental composition, the other is a cool, transparent, anise, artemisia, and conifer seasoned fougère.

That's okay....Im one of those guys that sees the similarities in CW and GIT. Maybe my nose is off....

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    That's okay....Im one of those guys that sees the similarities in CW and GIT. Maybe my nose is off....
    That's OK - so do I. At least until the drydown, where they part ways.