Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro PH Elixir

Anyone here familiar with this?

I bought it few days ago here in israel for a pretty good price...~25usd for a 3.4oz

At first it smells nothing like the original. From the bottle i thought it was closer to YSL La Nuit De L'homme mixed with Givenchy xeryus rouge. Theres a subtle note that reminds me the original but not exactly. That note makes Elixir not as sweet as some would imagine this combination would be.

I found it somewhat similar to CH Chic for Men as well, but on me it smells nothing like the above.

Thinking it was similar to CH Chic i tried to put it on in this really hot weather, but i was wrong. The first second i applied it i noticed right away that theres a larger resemblance to the original. Its not as "heavy" or "powerhouse" smelling, but its more like a modern take on the original. I really dont know how to describe it...the best way i could put it is that Elixir is a sweet oriental version of the original.

Anyone else here tried it?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Azzaro PH Elixir

Azzaro pour Homme Elixir does not smell like the classic ApH but is just as substantial. It introduces itself with a lavender blast tempered by well blended citrus and berry notes. ApH Elixir is mainly about berries and pear, as the colour of the bottle hint, visually. The berries are so natural smelling, not the excessively sugary sweet type in Paco Rabanne's Black XS. There is a suede accord in the heart to base which recalls SL's Daim Blond, but in a richer, more masculine way.

ApH Elixir should not be approached expecting a reinterpretation of ApH (which will only result in negative reviews of an otherwise good, no, great frag). Rather, it seems to be a reinterpretation of the concept of ApH. Most likely, those who were interested in ApH but got turned off for some reason will like this modern take.

I like this and know i am going to love it, just like i do ApH.
    A quote from my post in this thread.

Coincidentally, it will be my SotA today. I sprayed a little bit on my hand last night, and was once more blown away by the richness of this scent. I still smelt it off my hand when i woke up this morning. Much as i love the original Azzaro, Elixir may be its death-knell with the modern user. Elixir is that good, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

On me i find some similarities to the original.
    Does it work for you in hot weather?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    ....Does it work for you in hot weather?
    It works perfectly.

Yes, Azzaro was brilliant in making Elixir and the original have similarities, yet smelling different.

#BBOG!

I am using Elixir since 3 weeks. Also in hot Summer days. It´s not very fresh but fresh enough to use it.

Elixir is different than his Original brother (or Dad) but it have fougere similarities which i did recognize later with the spicy leather accord (which smells a little bit like motoroil).

I did also buy at last Fahrenheit Absolute and have 2 sexy fragrances in my collection now. And i am not sure which i like more now. Absolute is darker, woody and more for colder weather.
    Last edited by sanatik; 26th July 2010 at 06:46 PM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Yes, very sexy fragrance, and I like Elixir so much, in summer days as well.

Too spicy, too sweet, zero projection. didn't like it at all

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by damon View Post
    Too spicy, too sweet, zero projection. didn't like it at all
    First 2 subject to opinion, but zero projection? Definitely not. Elixir projects quite well. Perhaps needs to be sprayed appropriately (again, subject to tastes).

#BBOG!

I am not sure with Elixir. Sometimes i find it close to the skin and sometimes it projects well.

My wife was wondering 2 times when i did spray 3 x Elixir at my Chest when i came home hours later, how much fragrance she did smell even when i was far away from here.

I did forget to ask: Why is Elixir not in our Directory ?

I also think that the projection is good and a bit spicy at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict
    I sprayed a little bit on my hand last night, and was once more blown away by the richness of this scent. I still smelt it off my hand when i woke up this morning. Much as i love the original Azzaro, Elixir may be its death-knell with the modern user. Elixir is that good, IMO.
    Dammit, you've re-awakened my lemming.

Must track down bottle...ignore cries of protest from wallet, it doesn't understand...

Once im back to te states im going to give this Exilir a proper wear.
    I tried wearing it last night, but it didnt work too well for me in this intense heat.

I do really like it. i have been spraying a little on my arm every night before bed and in the morning i can still smell it pretty well. Someone here said its a modern take on the original, to which i fully agree.

I have no idea why it was so cheap here, but i really dont care lol it was a really good buy

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    I am using Elixir since 3 weeks. Also in hot Summer days. It´s not very fresh but fresh enough to use it.

Elixir is different than his Original brother (or Dad) but it have fougere similarities which i did recognize later with the spicy leather accord (which smells a little bit like motoroil).

I did also buy at last Fahrenheit Absolute and have 2 sexy fragrances in my collection now. And i am not sure which i like more now. Absolute is darker, woody and more for colder weather.
    nOW I did give Absolute away and will use Elixir which i find more interesting and unique further. Elixir´s Bottle Prices could be in the Future like Silver Black/Onyx from 2005. 100 ml = 25 €